September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Eye Primer - Guerlain - Ombre Eclat Eyeshadow Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not worth its weight in packaging :) If you already have or have tried UD, TF, Nars or Lorac primers back away from this now as you will be sorely disappointed it doesn't really even come close to any of the above.

It looks very promising when you first put it on - you have a little wow moment where you think it's going to work really well - that is until you check your eyelids out a few hours later and you are confronted with faded and creased looking eye shadow. I don't have very oily eyelids so know this is just not performing. Shame cos the packaging is very luxe, but you live and learn.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ReneeLC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this eye shadow primer after returning the Urban Decay primer. I found that the Urban Decay primer was too tacky and I wanted something a bit drier. This primer is exactly that...dry. I use my finger to apply it as the brush it comes with doesn't really work. I pat it on with my fingertip and it covers up any discoloration (red or purple) on my lid. I also find that the shadow adheres to it but can also be blended very easily. I find blending can be difficult with some other primers that are too sticky or don't dry completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily eyelids, I'm in search of the best eye primer and this is not. Packaging is stunning but performance is average, this is a luxury item and if you have normal eyelids will work good for you, extended my wear of e/s but still had creasing after some hours, this is a no re-buy for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by do288

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far the worst eyeshadow primer. The product hardened within days of purchase making it useless. It was difficult to put on and it didn't make my eyeshadow last at all. The only thing I like about this product is the packaging. But for the price, totally not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Marbon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is not a bad primer but i'm not overly keen on it either. The brush that comes along with it is not too good and would have to agree with another reviewer describing it as being stiff. I can't complain as such as my eyeshadow does stay put. I'm just not too keen on its texture. Also, I expected a better product for the price I paid. I'm afraid it did not live up to my expectations and don't believe that I will be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eye primer. The case is elegant, beautiful, and substantial. It comes with a tiny concealer type brush but I don't use that. I prefer to pat it on gently with my fingers or use a regular concealer brush. It blends easily with just a few pats of my ring finger with no tugging or pulling. I haven't used UDPP, but I prefer it to TFSI (which I find separates and requires more blending to get an even coat). This one evens out my lids and makes my eyes better and brighter. It cancels out redness and makes me look well rested and I usually wear it alone on 'no makeup' days. Eye shadow colours stay true and I haven't had any problems with blending or creasing. I usually keep my eye makeup pretty simple with just a wash of colour on the lid and lighter colour to highlight the brow/inner eye, so I really can't speak to how it blends when using more complicated techniques and multiple colours. It seems to 'grab' powder shadows and I have less fallout when I use this vs. no primer or the other primers I've tried. I've been using it more than six months and I've barely made a dent because it is very dense and it only takes a finger tip's worth to pat out and cover the whole area. I will definitely re-purchase when the time comes. I know that there are many primers out there that may work as well or better than this one depending on your needs, but this one works beautifully for me and I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product. It's around 40 CAD$ here (including tax), so I was expecting it to be perfect. It seems to me like I mostly paid for the packaging and not the product... Anyway, I thought the brush it comes with was horrible. It's super stiff and as I have rather sensitive eyes, it was painful to use. It doesn't pick up the product well and it's almost impossible to apply any of it on the eyelid. Using fingers worked best for me, but it was still difficult to apply. It's not creamy at all and it was not easy to distribute evenly on the lids. I suppose using a little bit of moisturizer may help for some people, but not for me. It did a terrible job at concealing the redness and evening out the tone of my lids too (which are usually quite red). However, for the times when I managed to apply it decently, it did an all right job at keeping the eyeshadow in place. I could still notice some creasing by the end of the day, but not as much as if I hadn't used the primer. Still, not worth the cash in my opinion. As other people said, there are cheaper alternatives that work as well, if not better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

Quick note: TFSI works as well if not better and is less than half the price!

Now I can rumble about how wonderful this product is... This makes you feel like a princess just by opening the case :) It comes in a velvet little bag, it is a gorgeous dark metallic case, even the provided brush feels exquisite (though I use it as a concealer brush and not for this product). The product goes on smoothly on the lids, with a slight powdery finish, leaving them flawless. The eyeshadows blend perfectly and stay put all day (even really cheap, bad quality eyeshadows).
It costs around 30 Euro, which i know is very expensive... But this is the only product I use every single day, and it lasts more than a year...

So: I LOVE this product and would definitely repurchase it, if it wasn't for the wonderful Too Faced Shadow Insurance (I will probably buy it anyway... since I have the feeling the TFSI will not last as long)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cielobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my biggest makeup splurge, but every time I see the cute, expensive looking compact, I know it was worth it. It really lights up my eyes and I totally recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by evabcasali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like it. Its tremendously compact and hard, but if you manage to put it in your lid, even the color quite well and eyeshadow don`t crease at all.