August 29, 2014 | 1778 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Synthetic Buffer Brush Large

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazingly inexpensive and beautiful brush. It has all been said before in the previous reviews, but I have to add my two cents. I use this for buffing in foundation, which I have never been able to do successfully before with other brushes for some reason. This brush is perfect and is $6.95 at Coastal Scents. I am buying more to give away, and for my own use. Lovely, lovely brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this brush!!! Never have i ever seen a brush this good at buffing in my loreal true match foundation. I always use my fingers or a foundation brush but this bad boy is amazinggg! It gives me that flawless loo without using alot of product and it blends it in so well, almost airbrushed plus the bristles are too soft and i haven't seen any shedding yet, but this is good stuff!!!!!!
Defiantly gonna buy a backup!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by ShallenElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I'll just say that the speed of delivery from Coastal Scents was excellent. I live in Australia, and the shipping from the USA was less than two weeks, so needless to say, that was great! (And I also received a free sample, which was lovely.)

On to the brush. When I got it, I was expecting it to smell slightly. It didn't smell at all. The bristles are so soft and dense - the perfect brush to apply liquid foundation! Seriously guys, this brush is great. It didn't break my wallet and I honestly can say it's pretty damn amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandletdown678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I believe this is called the Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush now.

I bought this after reading good reviews. I use it to apply my liquid foundation. For the price, I was very surprised when I took it out of the packaging how very soft and high quality it feels. As of yet, I haven't noticed any shedding.

I use this to apply/buff on my liquid foundation. It gives such a great finish and give me a much more natural look while still covering.

I would definitely recommend... I'll probably buy a back up soon as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I bought both this brush and the wide buffer brush at the same time. I have to say that i actually like this one more! I use this to buff in my cream foundation (after i apply it with a sponge) to blend it out and i also use it to apply my setting powder. It give a great soft focus effect. The bristles are 100% synthetic and are soooo soft. It's nice and densely packed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this brush. I use it for liquid foundation, I just spritz some rose water or fix+ to the the brush before dipping it into my foundation and it works amazing with it. It is really dense and soft, which makes it really easy to work with. The price is $13.95, totally worth it. CS is having 20% discount on their website right now, and I'm planning to buy 1 more of this brush and stock it up. It just sheds a little bit on me, but that's not unbearable. I simply love the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by nicolecamren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

They have changed the name of it to the Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush. I've had this brush for a month and i definately recommend it. First off it's 13.95 which is a great price and worth every penny because this is a quality brush, it has only shed one hair since i have bought it. It's dense and does a great job buffing the make up into your skin and it's very soft. It can be used with liquid or mineral foundation. This is one of coastal scents most expensive brushes but well worth the price tag. i can see this brush lasting a long time which makes it a good investment. I also got a sample of eyeshadow which was very nice. It was my first time ordering from coastal scents and i shall order from them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by irinahanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is soooo soft.It might be the best brush CS sells.
They changed the name (now it's called Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush) but I think it's the same.I bought it before they changed the name.
It works amazing with liquids and powders.
No shedding ever.I'm amazed.
The only con I would have is that when I got it for two weeks aprox. the handle smelled horrific,like a dead animal (I think it was the glue?!).The bristles never smelled but the handle did for about 2-3 weeks (even with several washes).
Now I love it!
I think this might be a dupe for the Sigma F80, but as I don't own that one can't say for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush and the SK Multipurpose Brush are a tie in applying liquid foundation...like a dream. After seeing a makeup artist from youtube recommend, I purchased this and she wasn't wrong. Although different in construction, this one is an attractive, medium heavy handled brush with a sturdy, durable feel as a unit. It doesn't feel like the bristle part will fall off. It feels so good in your hand as if you have a very expensive high end brush. The bristles are soft, yet dense (yet not as tightly compact as SK's).

The application - I dab a dime size portion of foundation on the back of my hand and stipple it all over my face. There's almost no need for swirling to blend. After stippling, just one broad sweep around your face to smooth things out and BAM! Done...flawless, smooth face. Foundation applies less heavy with this one compared to the SK. I purchased 2 of these wonders.

The price? Oh man, for the quality of this brush, it is a steal. Another plus, it is easy to clean, for sure easier than SK Multipurpose Brush.

Every morning when preparing for work, I reach for my SK first, then this 2nd. Why after such a stellar review? Only because I owned the SK first and got in the habit of using it, but they are both really great brushes for applying liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great brush for foundation, great for it's kind and very under-rated brush design.

I have used flat and buffing foundation brushes, kabuki brushes for powder foundations, fingers, sponges, etc. and nothing worked as well as this brush.

Buying: The most frustrating part. I bought it on Costal Scents' website and it was sold-out almost for 2 weeks, but I kept checking every day just like somebody here recommended. I bought it as soon as I saw it is available (since they have no pre-order, irritating) and it got shipped for really cheap ($3) to Canada in like 1-2 weeks. Overall, I got it for $12-15 and it is cheap for a foundation brush and for this quality.

Packaging: non-existent, which is okay. I got it in a brown padded envelope and the brush had a plastic film around the bristles. I aldo got a thank-you card and a shadow sample from the shipper.

Design: Pretty much like you see on the photo. The handle is big and sturdy, the design is slick and looks like it will last a long time. Super soft bristles, no smell, no fall-out (even when washed) great feel on the face.

Washing: I use dove or moist. shampoo. Washes off easily, dries well, no fall-out. Ok, maybe just one.

Application: great for mixing foundations to create your own shade, great for stippling and getting the foundation in these hard-to-reach places. Great for powders, much better than the kabuki. I feel like this is going to be the go-to brush in my collection!