September 16, 2014 | 1843 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Sport Face SPF 70

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying quite a few different face sunscreens, this one is by far and beyond a doubt, the most effective and the easiest to use. I can even use this under make-up without worrying about affecting the final make-up look. It is not greasy, it is not white-looking, it does not slide off my face, and my face does not pick up any color if I am out in the sun for a couple of hours (with or without make-up).
According to the directions, It does need to be reapplied if staying out longer than 80 minutes(which is a problem if you want to have make-up all day). Even after 2-3 hours of beach time, there is no color on my face (I do usually wear a wide-brimmed hat, though). I have already purchased two more tubes and I am thinking of stocking up to avoid the dreaded "discontinued" problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by maggierose4

I just returned from a 12 day vacation in Florida. While I was there I needed a great facial sunscreen that would stand up to the strong sun and my sweaty face. Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70 was my choice and it did an excellent job. The sunscreen applied easily and quickly. It did leave a slight shine on my face initially which didn't bother me. One application lasted all day, even through some heavy sweating from the outdoor heat. There was no eye irritation from this formula, a real plus. Many other sunscreens have bothered my eyes either during application or from sweating. I experienced no burning or tanning with use of this sunscreen. It looks like I never went to Florida, which was exactly what I wanted.

I did experience a few minor clogs with use of this sunscreen. On a couple of nights I did not remove this before bed so I think this was the reason for clogging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I was looking for a non-comedogenic sunscreen and I came across this. It delivers what is says it is going to do. It provides adequate sun protection; it has a mild typical sunscreen scent. It isn't particularly greasy to use. I'd purchase it again, except I cannot find it anymore! Have they discontinued it or something?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I needed a strong SS for my face (my everyday Ducray Melascreen isn't water resistent enough) that would prevent any worsening of my melasma during a week long vacation to the lake. This applies like a dream = no residual stickiness, less of a shine than my Melascreen, didn't migrate into my eyes, no clogging/breakouts. Price and availability is nice and I love the tube. Also, I notice less than normal amount of the standard SS smell.

Problem - in spite of lots of re-application during the day, I still got quite a bit of color and my melasma did worsen = not happy! The PPD = 9.6 so I was hopeful, but nope. I will continue to use up on other body parts, but not on my (sad) face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday sunscreen for my face, neck, chest, and shoulders (if necessary). I am on a prescription retinoid, Differin, and have to keep my skin protected with a high level of SPF, but the sunscreen can't be irritating. Since I have been using it, I haven't gotten any color or freckles, even though I am exposed to the sun everyday just walking
around the city and power-walking for exercise. Actually, my skin has become lighter because my old sunscreen was still letting in some percentage of UV rays. Like others have said, I can wear it over my moisturizer (Argan oil) and it does't feel greasy ever because of it's high content of silica, even when I really gloop it on. It doesn't burn the skin (don't get it into your eyes, though!), and I like that it is water and sweat resistant. It also plays well with make-up, liquid and powder, just let it set for a few minutes before make-up application. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out. I remove it at night with a combination of Rose Hip Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Apricot Kernel Oil and a Clarisonic. I think it's pretty much perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautyseeker14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This one broke me out. I was using Aveeno sunblock with spf 55 and it suited me to a tee. When it ran out and i couldnt find it in any of the drugstores in my area i went for Neutrogena sport face spf 70+ subblock.
At first i was happy with it but after a few days i started to break out. I had no acnes on my face before using it and then i got huge itchy breakouts on the cheeks that have left ugly scars now.
I wasnt sure if i could return this and that mean all the 14 bucks i spent on it gone down the drain.
I bought neutrogena clear face after it and thankfully i dont see anything wrong with it till now.
But i truly regret buying sport face as the spots from the acne will take a long time to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by KMG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a pale person who goes from zero to red faster than a lobster in a broiler, this stuff has shielded me on beach vacations, afternoon runs, waterskiing, rafting, hiking, and other adventures. The high concentrations of physical and chemical sunscreens make it effective, and the film-forming ingredients will keep it on your face and not on your clothes. The high concentration of sunscreens in this formulation means that protection will last a bit longer than an SPF 30 or so, as all sunscreens are broken down by the sun and need to be reapplied after several hours of direct sun exposure.

The ability of this stuff to stick to your skin despiite sweat or oil also makes for an awesome hack: mix a raspberry sized glob of sunscreen with a few dabs of concealer that matches your skin (I.e. NYX's HD concealer) and presto, you have a budge-proof tinted moisturizer that matches your skin, won't look greasy, won't turn orange, won't settle into pores, and protects your skin like you wouldn't believe! Coverage looks natural and flawless, even if you have oily skin.

This stuff will sting your eyes, so leave a zone of a few millimeters around the eye area. I haven't had problems with this breaking me out, but this will vary from person to person.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to rush in and write this review to warn those who are in the southern hemisphere and are currently looking for their sunscreen now that summer is here with a vengeance. I bought this due to the fantastic reviews but should have known better when I saw the ingredients. I have extremely dry but sensitive skin so sunscreens with a high level of physical sunscreen burn my skin, leaving large patches of redness but I have found only one chemical that didn't sting my eyes when I sweat, which is inevitable in a New Zealand summer. Upon application it was great. It smoothed on nicely, stunk of sunscreen but that is what it is, its not going to smell of roses, and my make up went on smoothly over the top. I then walked my daughter to kindy and was barely half way there when just now I was blinded by the stinging pain of avobenzone leeching into my eyes. I made it back with one eye shut and mascara streaming down my face. Although I have washed it off and applied a cold flannel to ease the burning, my eyes are still stinging. Why would companies make a face specific sunscreen that can't go near your eyes? Come on!

Back to L'oreal's spf 50 I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MLWagner79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my daily face sunscreen. Recently during a makeover at BB I noticed a few sunspots. They, of course, recommended their own products (and I *do* use their BB cream which has SPF 35), but I am sort of leery about cosmetic company sunscreens, and I also knew I would want something cheaper for daily wear. So I have been using this daily in conjunction with vitamin C serum to help clear and prevent sun damage. I also use an AHA at night. I trust Neutrogena SS as I have had good luck in the past and I liked the sweat and water resistant claims of this one in conjuction with a high SPF. Plays well with the serum and with my BB BB cream, and actually primed quite well. Great price point and always on sale somewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lokid

I was terrified to try this after Neutrogena's Sheer Dry sunscreen caused my face to react like it hasn't done in YEARS!! I've been using this daily for a few weeks without issue.