October 22, 2014 | 1939 users online

Mascara - Bobbi Brown - EXTREME Party Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really understand where all this badrep comes from as I too was rather sceptical about it when I opened the package. My previous favourite mascara was Le Volume de Chanel with quite a wet formula which I absolutely loved. BB's however seemed to be rather very dry on the first impression but as some users wrote it may take a couple of times before it gets kind of 'creamier'. And, indeed, on the 3rd-4th time I was really amazed how actually good this mascara is. It's like it needs some air to work as it supposed to work. Besides, you can layer and layer it over again, it won't give you any clumps or glued lashes. Another big hit for me from Bobbi Brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Javajill

I LOVE this mascara. I have been using it for 4 years exclusively. My old go to was Clinique Lash Doubling (used for years). I really liked the Clinique except for the flaking & racoon eyes at the end of the day, so I was always trying to find one I liked better. Agree that the name is misleading, it is a very natural look, not extreme at all. It goes on easily & separates lashes beautifully, never have to comb out clumps ever. If I want a bit more wow factor, I just layer & layer in the outer corner and it gives a more dramatic thicker look. My lashes are fairly long & thick as is so this work perfectly for me. Mascara is such a personal taste, which I think attributes to the wide range in reviews, depends on what your going for. I find that the product lasts and the formula is totally fine right down to the end of the tube. I think I get my money's worth cause this lasts 3 times as long as drugstore brands. I personally have never found a drug store mascara that I like. I have no reason to even try another brand, this one has ended my search for the perfect mascara. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe this is priced at 25 dollars- no matter what your mascara preference, I personally promise there is at least ONE (if not several) drugstore brand that costs close to 20 dollars less that will satisfy you. I got this as a GWP, because I would never entertain the thought of spending 25 dollars on a tube of mascara, which is the cosmetic that expires the fastest!
The mascara does not run, but I assure you there are tons of DS mascaras that don't run. If you have 25 dollars to burn, you can get much more for your money at the Bobbi Brown counter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow-I am really surprised at how little love BB's Extreme Party Mascara has received in other reviews! I really REALLY like this mascara. OK...the name is just plain stupid and completely misleading. There is no EXTREME going on here. It's Bobbi Brown. Those of us that use Bobbi Brown know exactly what I mean. Her target audience is not the same as say, Benefit's, so she's not going to produce some false-lash looking, super-duper, shiny, goopy, sparkly, obviously fake-looking mascara. I suspect many of the negative reviews are due to the fact that BB's marketing department did an awful job naming this product. So, I agree that this is not an "extreme" anything but what it is, is fabulous. It's a very deep black, adds lots of volume and length (but not to a ridiculous extreme), doesn't clump, is easy to remove, is very water resistant and doesn't flake (although, as it gets older and dries up it can flake a bit, as most other mascaras do). Brush is a traditional one w/ bristles and is very big which makes applying product quick & easy. For reference, I have straight, short, thin lashes. I highly recommend this mascara. Also, if you're like me & love really black mascara (the kind of black that can not be found in a drug store), then this is for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I received this mascara as a sample, thankfully. I would not wear this to a party. The mascara really doesn't do much. It barely holds the curl, the formula is to creamy, and it doesn't give much volume either. I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara. For $25, u get no smudging and decent volume. My favorite part of this mascara was the no smudging/no raccoon eyes. I hate it when my mascara runs. If it leaves me with raccoon eyes after a normal day, it immediately goes into trash or return pile. This made it all day without smudging. Came off with soap and water or non oily makeup remover. Downside was that its just average for length and volume. Has a very natural look to it. I received this as part of a kit and was happy that its not a throw away. Darkened lashes for a nice daytime work look. I wish it had some more drama/length/volume. Overall, not bad but not a repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Heenaj1

Considering the fact that bobbi brown make-up is expensive you would of thought its something special. I wouldn't wear it for a party as it comes of easily, it doesn't dramatise your eyes and it doesn't curl or lengthen lashes appearance. I wouldn't use it again and would much rather stick to drug store mascara I.e. maybelline or rimmel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I wasn't lead into this by the name in fact I ignored it. I knew BB would never produce a product like those ridiculous mascaras that try to mimic false eyelashes. Too goofy. This is a nice day time mascara which has its equivalent in Cover Girl No Clump. The CG product is a little drier. Leaves lashes soft, moderately extended and slightly volumized. Won't be purchasing again though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

This is a pretty typical mascara. Isn't particularly good at lengthening, adding volume or curling, but is on the expensive end of mascaras. If a mascara is going to perform like this, I feel it should at least be priced better. The packing is also pretty typical. The tube wasn't thought out well, so a bunch of product comes out on the wand and has to be removed, otherwise you end up with a bunch of mascara clumped on your lashes.

Overall: Pass. Pretty standard mascara for a really high price.
Value: Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Extreme Party is a misleading name for this mascara. The brush is nice and full with a tapered tip so you can get into the corners. Sadly, it doesn't give much dramatic effect in either lenghthening or volumizing. I got basic lash definition in a rather thin feeling formula. I had to keep adding more coats to see much difference. The most disappointing thing was the formula smudged and flaked (the flaking was worse when I tried to apply a mascara primer beforehand) after only 2 hours of wear.