Bobbi Brown EXTREME Party Mascara

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this mascara! It's not clumpy and really lengthens and holds a curl for my eyelashes. Definitely going to be repurchasing this product. I've tried many mascaras and this is by far my favorite. The only con would be that it doesn't provide extreme volume- which the name of the product suggests. Other than that, I really like this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good, not amazing mascara. It's not waterproof.

PROS:

1. Doesn't smear.
2. Doesn't clump.
3. Builds some volume and length.
4. Easy to remove with regular facial cleanser.

CONS:

1. Doesn't give you tons of volume, nothing like Dior Show Mascara, and doesn't provide a false eyelash effect.
2. Very pricey at $26 for an average performance, or a "natural" look.
3. Not cruelty free.

All in all, I think it's better than some of Bobbi's other mascaras, but still not worth the high price tag when some drugstore options provide dramatic results at half the price.

I have a terrible problem with mascaras. It is really hard for me to find a formula that does not smudge, even with eye primers on. So far Benefit's They're Real smudges the least for me so I've been sticking to them til someone gifted me BB's extreme party mascara. I super love this. It lasts about 6-7 hrs on me & barely even smudges. My lashes remain soft and the brush separates lashes beautifully with no clumping. The product does lengthen my lashes but there's hardly any extra volume. I guess the name itself sets the bar too high - people expect falsies kind of effect. But these are really "my lashes but better" kind of mascara and if u are looking for an everyday mascara, this will be perfect.

I really understand where all this badrep comes from as I too was rather sceptical about it when I opened the package. My previous favourite mascara was Le Volume de Chanel with quite a wet formula which I absolutely loved. BB's however seemed to be rather very dry on the first impression but as some users wrote it may take a couple of times before it gets kind of 'creamier'. And, indeed, on the 3rd-4th time I was really amazed how actually good this mascara is. It's like it needs some air to work as it supposed to work. Besides, you can layer and layer it over again, it won't give you any clumps or glued lashes. Another big hit for me from Bobbi Brown!

I LOVE this mascara. I have been using it for 4 years exclusively. My old go to was Clinique Lash Doubling (used for years). I really liked the Clinique except for the flaking & racoon eyes at the end of the day, so I was always trying to find one I liked better. Agree that the name is misleading, it is a very natural look, not extreme at all. It goes on easily & separates lashes beautifully, never have to comb out clumps ever. If I want a bit more wow factor, I just layer & layer in the outer corner and it gives a more dramatic thicker look. My lashes are fairly long & thick as is so this work perfectly for me. Mascara is such a personal taste, which I think attributes to the wide range in reviews, depends on what your going for. I find that the product lasts and the formula is totally fine right down to the end of the tube. I think I get my money's worth cause this lasts 3 times as long as drugstore brands. I personally have never found a drug store mascara that I like. I have no reason to even try another brand, this one has ended my search for the perfect mascara. :-)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I cannot believe this is priced at 25 dollars- no matter what your mascara preference, I personally promise there is at least ONE (if not several) drugstore brand that costs close to 20 dollars less that will satisfy you. I got this as a GWP, because I would never entertain the thought of spending 25 dollars on a tube of mascara, which is the cosmetic that expires the fastest!
The mascara does not run, but I assure you there are tons of DS mascaras that don't run. If you have 25 dollars to burn, you can get much more for your money at the Bobbi Brown counter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow-I am really surprised at how little love BB's Extreme Party Mascara has received in other reviews! I really REALLY like this mascara. OK...the name is just plain stupid and completely misleading. There is no EXTREME going on here. It's Bobbi Brown. Those of us that use Bobbi Brown know exactly what I mean. Her target audience is not the same as say, Benefit's, so she's not going to produce some false-lash looking, super-duper, shiny, goopy, sparkly, obviously fake-looking mascara. I suspect many of the negative reviews are due to the fact that BB's marketing department did an awful job naming this product. So, I agree that this is not an "extreme" anything but what it is, is fabulous. It's a very deep black, adds lots of volume and length (but not to a ridiculous extreme), doesn't clump, is easy to remove, is very water resistant and doesn't flake (although, as it gets older and dries up it can flake a bit, as most other mascaras do). Brush is a traditional one w/ bristles and is very big which makes applying product quick & easy. For reference, I have straight, short, thin lashes. I highly recommend this mascara. Also, if you're like me & love really black mascara (the kind of black that can not be found in a drug store), then this is for you!

I received this mascara as a sample, thankfully. I would not wear this to a party. The mascara really doesn't do much. It barely holds the curl, the formula is to creamy, and it doesn't give much volume either. I wouldn't recommend this mascara to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an ok mascara. For $25, u get no smudging and decent volume. My favorite part of this mascara was the no smudging/no raccoon eyes. I hate it when my mascara runs. If it leaves me with raccoon eyes after a normal day, it immediately goes into trash or return pile. This made it all day without smudging. Came off with soap and water or non oily makeup remover. Downside was that its just average for length and volume. Has a very natural look to it. I received this as part of a kit and was happy that its not a throw away. Darkened lashes for a nice daytime work look. I wish it had some more drama/length/volume. Overall, not bad but not a repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Considering the fact that bobbi brown make-up is expensive you would of thought its something special. I wouldn't wear it for a party as it comes of easily, it doesn't dramatise your eyes and it doesn't curl or lengthen lashes appearance. I wouldn't use it again and would much rather stick to drug store mascara I.e. maybelline or rimmel.

Popular Mascaras