July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Polishes - Cover Girl - Boundless Color City Lights

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jacton1985

love it! needs clear top coat though because it leaves a gritty feeling on nails. super sparkly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really want to call this a top coat because it has so much glitter two coats gives you complete opacity. And it's awesome glitter, too: silver microglitter with rainbow holo! I can't walk away from holo. This was about three bucks at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is PACKED with silver sparkles, so it looks great on top of a matte polish. Unfortunately the sparkles create a coarse feeling on your nails, so applying a clear top coat on top of City Lights is a must.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

I got it from eBay at lower cost but I noticed it's still available at Drugstore.com for less than $4.

Sheer holographic micro-glitter sparkly topcoat (clear base) that can be built up in layers over any polish to give it magnificent spunk.

I love the hefty thick-glass bottle, but I noticed it only holds 0.37 oz instead of the usual 0.5 oz most nail polish bottle sizes hold. Ah well.
That's OK, I still think this polish is worth repurchasing & having a couple of backups of. Very beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by laquerlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Likes: Affordable, surprisingly pretty holo glitter topcoat. I love that I can use it to bling up any of my colors. I actually bought 3 bottles when I saw them on sale at Walgreens recently. I gifted one to a co-worker, but am glad to still have a backup because I'll be using it a lot.

Dislike: I wish the base polish was shiny as well so I wouldn't have to use a topcoat.

Tip: This looks GREAT when used just on the tips of your nails to give your polish a glittery french tip. I'll try to add a photo to show what I mean by this.
Here is one of my pictures with this polish on the tips:

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

I love how this topcoat looks over just about any polish. It will make any polish prettier, even the glitter ones.
It was not too thick nor watery, it went on just fine and dried quickly. The holo glitter is small sized, a bit larger than the holo glitter in China Glaze- Wireless TopCoat.
It is easily purchased (drugstores, grocery stores, etc) and quite inexpensive at under $3 for .37 fl oz/ 11mL a bottle.
The brush was fine and the longer handle is great.
I will probably purchase a few extras to gift as I've already lent mine out.

ETA: I also have INM Northern Lights. It is ~$5 for about the same holo microglitter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(click cont for picture) I love this! It's a silvery-holographic-metallic topcoat, but I think if you put two-three coats on it would look like a regular metallic polish. This looks great with a color underneath, I personally love using it as a topcoat with Cover Girl's Bronze Beauty nailpolish. It's a great party or winter color, and especially looks good at night or under yellowish indoor lighting. I always receive compliments on this topcoat. It has a good consistency and doesn't feel "rough" on your nails (if you touch other sparkle topcoats, they feel rough and sandpapery). All of Cover Girl's boundless color line have great staying power and this is no exception.

1 coat of bronze beauty underneath 1 coat of city lights continued >>