October 21, 2014 | 2097 users online

Mascara - Just for Redheads - Naturelle Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by NancyStorey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know I'm a bit late to the game. It looks like JFR has been around for a bit, although I've never heard of them. Anyways, I just ordered their gingerbrown mascara and it's okay. My main complaint is that it doesn't last all day + I don't like how the price is always changing. What's up with that?
I actually just found a new company for redheads, Redhead Revolution and I've ordered their new Gingerlash Mascara. So far I'm hopeful that it will be a lot better. We'll see!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by GabGurl39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a proud natural red head, freckles and all. Most of my life I spent trying to find mascara. Black mascara looks horrible on a red head, even finding just a brown shade is next to impossible. Then my friend sent me a Just For Redheads catalog. That was years ago. The first time I wore the mascara my husband was like your blue eyes look amazing so beautiful and I can see your eyes not all hidden behind the black junk. Now my to daughters a red head and a natural blonde both swear by Just For Redheads Naturelle mascara. It's not really any more expensive then what you would pay for a good mascara at store. I just wish this was available like at Ulta or some place, sometimes I forget to reorder and I run out. I am so glad there is mascara for us red heads and even natural blondes with really light lashes can use it to. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My only regret is that I didn't purchase this years ago! I had known about Just For Redheads for sometime but just put it off. After Max Factor was discontinued (I used lash calorie 2000 in auburn since I was a teenager) I have been searching for the right mascara ever since. I am a true redhead with fair skin, blonde eyelashes and strawberry blonde eyebrows. Naturelle in ginger red is the perfect shade of red-brown for this redhead! Unlike other cosmetic companies, this brownish mascara dries to a red-brown colour. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and I have had no issues with smudging or irritation. I always order 2 tubes at a time. I will NEVER use another mascara! I'm disappointed that other cosmetic companies have not tried to make mascara thats more redhead friendly.I have also used the gingercocoa shade as well and it is a lovely dark blonde mascara that works for me as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I'm a blond not a redhead, but I was looking for a true brown mascara for a very natural look and thought I'd give this a try. I bought the Ginger Cocoa and it's just perfect. Most brown mascara is so dark it might as well be black, but this is a true brown. If you have very pale lashes and want a mascara that produces a subtle look, this is the way to go.

Edit: I recently dyed my hair a beautiful medium auburn, and this mascara is perfect. It really makes me look like a natural redhead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My lashes and brows are naturally white. Most of my life I have been able to purchase brown mascara at drugstores, but now at 46 and given that brown mascara is almost impossible to find , I purchased three tubes of mascara from Just For Redheads in Ginger Cocoa, Ginger Auburn and the waterproof Spice Supreme.
I love them, and have experienced NO smudging or smearing. My only complaint about the Spice Supreme is that the squeegy thing that removes the excess product when you take out the wand is not small enough, so way too much mascara is left on the wand which must be wiped off on a tissue wasting a lot of product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to like this product. (I have dark auburn hair, cool, fair skin, and greenish hazel eyes. I purchased Ginger Auburn.) The idea behind it is great: that's why I'm giving it two lippies. But, it has seriously smudged every single time I've used it, no matter the weather. I'm not talking about smudging from a hard day's night kind of wear; I'm talking about smudging during sedentary activity in climate controlled buildings before it's lunch time. Also, the opening on the tube is too big, thus excess mascara is not pulled away from wand--which is such a useful feature when it comes to avoiding clumping. I will say this: the color options are decent. I HAD found an auburn mascara that had none of these problems, Max Factor, but Max Factor is no longer sold in the US. So, it is indeed possible to produce an auburn mascara without the annoying problems I've experienced. I'm saying no on buying this again, but if I ever hear that JFR has seriously improved the formula and packaging, I might reconsider.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great for red heads who want a natural look. My lashes are pretty much clear so brown and black make me look really made up. The formula is really nice it's easy to apply, lengthens, defines, and volumizes. I don't know how well it holds a curl though, my lashes have a natural curl to them. I will buy more of these whenever this one runs out, I've had it about a year and use it once or twice a week (yeah I know it's bad to keep mascara that long but it still acts brand new). It comes off extremely easy with water though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this new formula. It reminds me of Clinique Naturally Glossy, only the color is way better. I always purchased the Studio or Henna Supreme, but when they added the new color (GingerAuburn) I was curious. I've used Ginger Red, and I like it, but Ginger Auburn looks more natural on me. In fact, I bought this mascara purposely for use on my "no makeup" (haha) days. I look like a fish with no mascara, but there's no disguising black or dark brown mascara. This lengthens and adds a warm, smooth color that brings out the green in my eyes. It's not purplish or gray - just a natural-looking red-brown. For more drama, I use this over a primer, which also helps smudging. For the price, I expect some smudging though, and I know this is a very basic formula. If you want dramatic, separated lashed from JFR, do try the Henna Supreme - it's fantastic. As far as Naturelle goes, I'm not sure I can tell the difference between this formula and that of the Studio mascara. I quit buying the Studio mascara years ago, because the wand always broke off, and the cap always cracked. Even though I like Naturelle, next time I'm going to try their new Mascara Mystique. It has the GingerRed color, but it looks like it's more lash-enhancing. My sister and I have been using JFR products since 1993, when it was a mail-order catalog company. we've always had superb customer service (very very warm and friendly) and we've yet to use products that didn't exceed expectations. I really worry about this company going away, because I'd have to start all over again when it comes to my most used everyday products!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by GoLightLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thought I'd finally found the perfect color mascara. But it was not meant to be. From ordering, that was a pain, to finally getting it and never really being happy with the quality. I regret I'll still be searching for the perfect color for a redhead.

Pros: color choices are great.

Cons:
it is thick, and the tube/ mascara brush are not the correct ones to allow for best performance and application. The 1st time I put it on, didn't realize either of these and ended up with mascara all around my eyes. Haven't had that since I was 12.

The formula flakes. I wear contacts. But wouldn't say I have particularly sensitive eyes. But boy does this this stuff make my eyes sting! Have to be sure it isn't touching my waterline in any way, or it burns. No other mascara has ever irritated my eyes as much. And it gets all over my waterline with no issue.

Won't buy again and don't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MurphyRants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I will use. I have it in Ginger Auburn and it doesn't even look like I'm wearing mascara. Instead it looks like I just have amazing eyelashes!

I don't like the clumpy, spider leg look mascaras can give but this mascara will never do that. It's great for natural looks and won't wash out the fair complexions of redheads. A few of the colors could probably also suit fair blondes and brunettes.

The only possible con I could give is that if it's super hot out or you're one with watery eyes that this does tend to melt off into the corner of your eyes a bit.