October 25, 2014 | 1699 users online

Mascara - DHC - Mascara Perfect Pro

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was merely OK for me. I used it up but will not repurchase. It did deliver well on length and thickness, but it went clumpy. Lasting power was OK, definitely no smearing but some flakes at the end of the day. I did not like the removal process, it would not come off cleanly with eye makeup remover or facial cleanser, but required an extra step of splashing with really warm water. While it sounds easy enough it took some time to make sure everything is off.
Mascara preferences vary widely from person to person. I prefer lengthening mascaras with a clean look (clumps are a pet peeve for me), and dislike most thickening mascaras. When I look in the mirror I want to see nice, long, defined lashes, not mascara. This mascara went definitely too clumpy for my taste. If you are looking more for a balance between length and thickness this offering from DHC might be worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ASmallTurnip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wish I liked this more. After hearing Lisa Eldrige wax lyrical about it, I was so pleased to find it a couple of weeks ago. But alas, it just doesn't work for me.

First the good: the tiny bristle brush is excellent. It's very easy to angle it tightly into the lashline and into the far corners of your eyes. It's a relatively wet formula, so there's no rush to finish applying it before it dries. Best of all, it doesn't clump upon application--it's just smooth and sleek. But.....

The bad: The wet texture of the formula is also its biggest problem. The moment it touches your curled lashes, they begin to droop and look sad. Within about 30 seconds, it's as if your lashes had never been curled at all. It's a very deflating feeling to see your eyelashes sink sorrowfully like a Labrador that's just been yelled at for eating a sneaker. I salute anyone who can get this to work, but I am not one of them. I fail. However.....

The Redemption: it's terrific as a lower-lash mascara. Absolutely ace. The tiny brush comes into its own here, managing to quickly coax out any fine, insignificant lower lashes into something properly impressive. So that's nice.

But all in all, it's a bit of a let-down. I wish that wonderful brush was paired with a formula that did it proper justice. Perhaps if DHC comes out with a waterproof version, it'll hold a curl better, but until they do, I'm afraid it's a miss for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A mediocre mascara. Quite clumpy. I expected the brush to have a flat side when I saw a makeup artist using it. Doesn't spectacularly lengthen in the way one of the old Helena Rubenstein mascaras did. It just reminds me of a waterproof drugstore brand. Not for those with stubby or thin lashes. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that it is hard wearing.

I think that it might work if you very thinly layered it over a better mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite tubing mascara! Really lasts all day with no smudging on my oily, hooded lids, and comes off easily with normal cleanser, warm water, and a bit of massage. This is better at lengthening than thickening, and if you're willing to work with it a few minutes, you can get beautifully defined, clump-free lashes. The brush is a thin, small, very precise spoolie that allows exact application. If you insist on a big, thick brush, this will take some adjusting. One of the best long-wearing mascaras I've tried, and I've tried a bunch of them, including Stila Convertible Lash (nightmarish removal), Cargo Better Than Waterproof (flaky and smelly), Too Faced Lash Injection (dry, mediocre), Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara Volume and The Mascara Curling (both great), Estee Lauder Double Wear (great), Blinc Kiss Me (basic, no frills), L'Oreal Beauty Tubes pretty good lengthened), Imju Fiberwig (great), Tiny Sniper and DJV Beautenizer (less great), Clinique Lash Power good but no lengthening or thickening), High Impact Curling, and Lower Lash mascaras (both OK), Trish McEvoy Volume Mascara and Curling Mascara (very black and dramatic but slightly clumpy), Fairy Drops Scandal Queen (clumpy, messy), Pop Beauty Peak Performance (really good, but tricky to apply) Becca The Ultimate Mascara (flaky). I have not tried Kanebo, Mirenesse, FACE atelier, MAC Extended Play, or others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like tubing mascaras and had been using Clinique's Lash Power. I have relatively long lashes and just want to emphasize the length and am not interested in a super heavy thick look, just natural, long, not clumpy. I just tried DHC's tubing mascara and love it. Comes off a bit easier with warm water than Clinique's and I don't think I've lost any lashes from DHC like I did every now and then with Clinique. The price is also one or two pounds cheaper than Clinique for the same size tube, and even better when on special. If you like tubing mascara, give this a try. It's great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: My 2nd tube was much more clumpy than the first, and gave lashes a spidery effect. Not sure if they changed the formula or what happened, but this isn't as good. Not something I want to try again, so I'm downgrading my original ratings. Disappointing. :(
-----------------------

This was my first venture into tubing mascara technology, and I have to say I'm hooked! I've tried countless mascaras and all of them irritated my sensitive eyes. For several months I just gave up, and went without any eye makeup. After reading good reviews of tubing mascaras & being a DHC fan in general, I took the plunge with this--and I'm glad I did. It has a very thin, precise brush that coats each lash with product. No thickening or lengthening here, but more of a defining look. If you like Clinique's Naturally Glossy or were a fan of Neutrogena's Lash Tint, then I highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is DHC's new tubing mascara. I wanted to like it, since I love tubing mascaras, but though it worked ok, it irritated my eyes. That has never happened to me with any other mascara! Also, I think the other tubing ones I have go on slightly thicker.