April 18, 2014 | 1013 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pin Up

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mirandlynn3309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product! beautiful color not overbearing lasts all day with just a little bit of shimmer that makes your skin look dewy. wonderful product would and will most definitely buy again would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It's definitely perfect for an everyday, daytime look! It adds just a hint of dark rose color to the face, very light, and the super thin shimmer it has makes your skin have a healthy glow. Which is why I took a lippie off the rating, pigmentation could have been a lot better for such a pretty shade. For $6, this blush is very beautiful and it has a good quantity so it will last a while. If I want to wear a stronger, more bold look for night time I grab other more pigmented colored blushes in my collection. But this is very pretty indeed.
I have yellow undertoned fair skin so I can understand why this color may not show up on many skin tones. Those with olive, tan, honey or black toned skin may find this blusher a very beautiful highlighter to the face. The glow it provides is very golden too, so I do recommend! (Packaging is pretty too)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by startemis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it as a highlight--it is definitely too light and shimmery for me to use as a blush. It reminds me a lot of Benefit's High Beam but at a fraction of the price (and in a powder form rather than liquid). It's easy to work with, pigmented, and lasts for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to own all the Hard Candy blushes. They were really pretty and this one is particular turned me onto darker blush shades. I had only used bright ones in the past and hasn't really used and peaches or brown toned blushes so this one paved the way in that direction which I'm thankful for. These blushes are absolutely beautiful and they come with ALOT of product. They seem to last forever. These blushes are great because they can be applied wet for an intensified color or dry for a light color. Sadly it did not work out for me because the sparkle in it drew too much attention to my pores and blemishes. If I had better skin I would definitely repurchase. I handed this off to my sister who has amazing skin and she loved it so it didn't go to waste. It feels nice and light and are very pigmented. I never had a problem with this product causing breakouts or anything like that so that's a plus. It's a very good product and the color is beautiful Im just not too crazy about the sparkle in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this blush, bronzer, illuminator... It serves as a real multi-tasker in my make-up wardrobe. I find myself reaching for this very often. I had been going through a inseperable phase with my tarte amazonian clay powder blushes, but this little fella is stealing my heart. For me this product lasts on my skin for as long as I need it to 12 hrs max. It is shimmery in the nost faint way, it just seems to rejuvinate my skin. I would describe as a tawny coral, not sure if I can do the color justice with my choice of adjectives. I would highly recommend you hunt walmart for this pretty baby. MY only con is a big one, at the store there were several hard candy baked products that were smashed and crumbled, oddly enough still sold at full price (I am a target girl) While, all of this could have gone down while shipping it made a little weary about the quality of packaging. I hope it holds up! I do not fix products ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ashley54501

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the hard candy baked blushes, but not this color. It's just too light. In the container it looks like a peachy pink, but on my skin, it just looks white. It is also very shimmery. I suppose you could use it as a highlight, but I'm not really into highlighters so I would not purchase this color again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this color! It reminds me a lot of MAC's By Candlelight which I also loved. Pin-up is a pale frosty peachy beige color that makes for the most awesome glowy cheek for my NW20 complexion. This color is probably too pale for anyone to use as a blush if they're any darker than I am and may even be too light of a hue to suit many fair folk if they're looking for a lot of color. Pin Up is a subtle shade that tends to add more glow than color, and so it might work better for some if it's worn over another color or as a highlight for deeper skin tones. I like it though as it adds just enough color to my cheeks to give some dimension to my face without calling attention to itself.

The finish is more of a sheen than a shimmer in that the shimmer is so fine that you can't see individual particles, but it can be built up to a strong, almost metallic looking, frosty finish if you pack it on. It does emphasize my pores a bit, but that's just something I've learned to put up with when I use shimmery blushes. Matte blushes, no matter what the color, look kind of dull on my skin so I've grown to accept the trade off a perky complexion for more noticeable pores.

The only thing I don't like about this blush is that I have to go to Wal-mart to get it. It's not just that Wal-mart is an unpleasant place to shop, but their Hard Candy displays are so poorly stocked that this can be hard to track down unless you want to shop online.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

This product is quite disappointing. None of the blushes offer any amount of pigment. No matter how much I applied, the colour (beautiful in the pan) never showed up on my fair skin. It's also WAAAAY too shimmery for a blush. Why on earth would they market this as a blush?? It's ok as a highlight. Packaging is adorable. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

After the raves on HC blushes and bronzers, I decided to go and pick this shade up as I thought it would suit my nc20 skintone the best, and would be a good blush and highlight combo.

A lot of people already described its finish and colour, so I wont go into too much detail, but I do agree that the pinky/peachy sheen (not glitter chunks) is quite lovely on the skin,and you do get quite alot of product for the $10 price.

So why do I only give this 3 lippies?
I usually contour with my blush as well, (so I tend to keep the colour on my cheekbones, not the apples of my cheeks), and when I did this with this blush, it gave me a nice glow when I was standing in my room.
However, when I went in the sunlight and held a mirror up, I looked a bit...glittery. And I do not have a heavy hand since I DO have acne and scars, so I learned long ago that less is more when using blush because I dont want to bring out the redness from my current blemishes. So one lippie off for looking a bit crazy (at least for my taste) under natural light. Im glad that so many others loved the glow it gave them though!

As a highlight, it was a bit too dark and peachy for my skintone, so it looked like I applied shimmery highlight in the wrong place, and as a blush, it was just too shimmery for my taste (and current skin condition).

The other lippie I took off was its lasting power. Obviously makeup looks better right after application, but this one does rub off really easily and fades, leaving shimmers on my cheekbones/cheeks, and this accentuates pores and whatnot. Again, perhaps if I had really good skin, I wouldnt mind, but I don't, so I havent been using this blush at all.
It was worth the try though, and I still feel excited when I hear and read raves about HC blushes by other women (and men of course =)! ), until I realized I wasnt able to make this product work for me.
Good luck guys!

EDIT: Havent been wearing it much at all, way too frosty for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Pale girls rejoice! I've finally found a blush that gives a soft, subtle glow to my cheeks. It works great as a cheek highlighter, and it's not too harsh even on the palest of skintones.
The packaging, while very cute (as with most HC products) is a little fragile, so be careful. There's quite a lot of product, I doubt I'll ever run out.
As it's not very pigmented, I don't use it as a blush, rather, over my blush (Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon in Pearlescent Pink) and I look healthy rather than deathly. It's a winner!