August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Moisture Therapy Lip Balm SPF 15 (solid stick)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mandy117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply the best lip balm out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by staralfur91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very moisturising and I find it lasts a bit longer on my lips than many other balms. Combined with the cheap price and the fact it has SPF, this is definitely my HG lip balm.

The main problem I have with lip balms is that when I apply it when my lips are really dry the balm is soaked up by my lips very quickly and leaves them looking even dryer. Other balms often emphasize any build up of dead, flaky skin. And I don't know about you, but I do not have time to exfoliate my lips every time I want to put on lip balm or gloss! With the one I never, ever have to worry about that. It's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fairly decent lip balm -- it glides on smoothly on my dry lips, with no drag. There's no scent or taste to this balm. My lips have some colour in them naturally, so many days, I'll just apply this to keep them looking moist.

The reason I'm giving this a 3 instead of a 4 or a 5 is the name. "Moisture Therapy: Moisturizing Lip Treatment." "Therapy" is defined as "the treatment of disease or disorders, as by some remedial, rehabilitating, or curative process." Now, colour me naive, but I would expect a product which is labelled as a "therapy" to work to remedy something. In this case, Avon's lip "treatment" is a "therapy" that "moisturizes." This product loses points because it doesn't do these things. While it gives my lips the appearance of being moist, the product simply sits on the skin, and isn't actually absorbed (As someone else has noted, it has a consistency similar to Vaseline). I spent a long test-period applying this at night before I went to bed, hoping it was going to repair my dry lips, but nothing doing. Every morning I would wake up with the product having worn off, and my lips feeling the same as always.

As an ordinary balm, this works fine, and apparently it's quite cheap (I received it as a gift, so I was unaware of the price). However, if there's one thing I hate, it's a product not living up to manufacturer's claims. As a quick patch job, yes, this product can make your lips look moist. But it's useless as a moisturizer to actually treat dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I didn't check for reviews on this before I purchased--it was an impulse buy. I have liked Avon lip balms in the past, but never tried one with an SPF. I opened it with some apprehension because you never know with any new lip balm if it will be acceptable.

Pros: Absolutely no fragrance, color or taste, not waxy, not shiny, easily absorbed, not greasy, SPF

Cons: if you are a strict vegetarian it does contain orange roughy oil, which is fish oil

Edit: The Avon website does not list orange roughy oil on the list of ingredients, but the list on my stick of Moisture Therapy did, so maybe there is a very new formulation, since I received mine in an order in January 2011.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying so many lip balms, this is the one I always repurchase.
My other favorite is Softlips but those are about $1.50 a stick.

Whenever these are on sale for 69 cents, I stock up and buy 10 sticks at a time.

Why I like them:
- Moisturizing
- Does not have that dry, cakey feeling that other brands leave
- No weird taste or scent
- Inexpensive

Overall: There is no reason to spend more money on other brands when the Moisture Therapy Lip Balm works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by illas14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down! this is the best lip balm i've ever used! waaaaaaaay better than chapstick or the more expensive EOS lipbalm. EOS honeydew used to be my favorite lip balm!. It was $4-5 at walgreens. Until I got this for 1.50 with my avon lady! OMG this is the best! It doesn't have a scent or anything, but it's really smooth, the texture is really really nice. bye bye chaped lips! It doesn't take long for my lips to be perfect with this product! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by JadedRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For it's price (I snagged it on sale for $.50!) it does what it should! It has a nice, oily feeling that I prefer over the waxy feeling of normal Chapstick. However, it has almost no staying power on me. I'll definitely pick it up when it's on sale (and it's already dirt cheap anyway) just so I can have one stashed in all my purses and hidey-holes, but I'll stick with my HG of Burts Bees pomegranate. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by teedums

This balm is decent, does what it says in terms of moisturizing, plus it's super cheap. I would probably repurchase again, but there are other balms out there that I do like a little better. All in all a good basic lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Flirted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all of Avon's chap-sticks. They are the only chapsticks that have worked for me, and I will always repurchase, plus they're dirt cheap! What a plus!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by nekkid

No moisture; it works as a top coat to keep it temporarily "moist." It doesn't do anything to the lips. It's exactly like putting on vaseline. I will not repurchase.