September 17, 2014 | 2183 users online

Shampoo - Joico - K-Pak Color Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This might be the best shampoo I have ever tried. EVER. And I've tried a lot of shampoos. :)

My hair is really fine and thin with waves/curls. My hair also gets oily really fast, I guess 24 hours after last shower, which means I wash my hair every day. This stuff doesn't make my hair greasy faster than usual, which is a big plus for me. It lathers really well and it's cleansing my hair 100%. My hair is dyed black and brown with highlights, and this stuff makes my hair colour glow and shine. It doesn't wash out my hair colour. Love it!

The smell is a bit strong but I got used to it (after using sweet scented shampoos for years haha) and I really like it now. The conditioner is really good aswell.. Will buy this stuff over and over again, probably forever, it's amazing. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I really wanted to love this product, but I found it to be just okay. Joico makes my HG shampoo (Moisture Recovery) but I was curious to try their K-Pak Color Therapy just to see if I'd like it as much. Turns out I don't.
It's a perfectly fine shampoo that lathers up nicely, rinses out cleanly, has a lovely scent. But it leaves my hair a tad dry. Not quite as easily manageable and when I use Joico's MR. Also, my hair color actually seems to have faded since I switched over to this shampoo, which I wasn't expecting at all.
When it comes to shampoo, I feel like you don't need to spend a ton of money unless it's for a product that delivers really excellent results. I don't think this one does. This is better than most drugstore shampoos and yet I don't love it enough to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried almost everything on the market and I always find myself going back to Joico. I have never had such healthy hair using anything else. My hair is shoulder-length, highlighted, and naturally curly (frequent drying and straightening). I alternate the K-Pak Color Therapy shampoo & conditioner with the Moisture Recovery shampoo & conditioner. I won't ever make the mistake of buying anything else again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by slfalk

This is the only shampoo and conditioner I use on my hair - it's so worth it.

I have dual-process salon colored hair - red highlights and "my brunette but better" - this shampoo keeps the color vibrant and gorgeous, and keeps my fine but thick, straight hair under control. No greasiness or issues with manageability, either.

My husband uses this, too (since it's in the same shower, lol) and he says it's great - not drying to his scalp and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ntapia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so i hadn't really given salon shampoos a shot. I tried them here n there but didn't find anything too special about them. I figured that drug store shampoo and conditioner worked just as well. Well, I found a new favorite. I tried the Joico K-Pak Color Therapy shamp/cond. and loved them. My hair feels so clean and the 'feel' seems to last a couple of days. My hair feels lightweight but well conditioned. I will definitely keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week now and my previously bleached wavy hair is so much softer and not as frizzy. I bought this since it was on sale so cheap; a liter of this from ULTA for $15.99! Luckily I only bought one set (shampoo and conditioner) since after reading the reviews here on MUA about these bottles going bad after 8 months due to the breakdown of the proteins. After I finish these bottles if there is another sale at ULTA I will definitely repurchase since I love the smell, the way my hair feels clean, and the high lathering properties of this shampoo which are the most important qualities I look for in a shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first tried this shampoo I was disappointed and put it away at the back of my vanity. I decided to give it another go because I just really couldn't believe it wasn't any good.
I put my glasses on and read the tiny print on the back of the bottle which said " Apply to wet hair and lather. Rinse. REPEAT."
Maybe that's what I had been doing wrong, only shampooing once. I didn't think that could be it because my hair was dry and frizzy, so washing it twice made no sense. But I thought I would use exactly as directed and see what would happen.
Well, believe it or not it made a huge difference to shampoo twice and then use the matching conditioner. My hair was beautifully soft and manageable. I only used a little curl cream on ends of hair and that was it. Perfect.
So if you have this shampoo and it didn't quite perform as would have liked, try washing with it twice. It made a huge difference on my frizzy hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by mariaodowd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thankfully I only bought this shampoo in a sample size, along with the conditioner and treatment oil. My hair is a bit dry from colouring but not very bad. This shampoo did no better than a bottle of 2 euro shampoo from the supermarket. It was alright but definitely does not justify the price. For the price of this stuff I would expect to get a 'wow' result, it only gives a 'meh'. Will not be buying the full size bottle. If only I could find somewhere that sells Colet products, best shampoo ever but I can't find it any more.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For hair color staying power, this shampoo did its job. For just a shampoo, overall cleanliness, moisture, and how it made my hair feel, it was so average. I'm an every-other-day hair washing kind of girl, but this made my hair greasy quickly, especially if I styled it. I am a fan of Joico products generally, but this just didn't do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I ruined my hair with cheap dye :( I can't afford to have my color put in at a nice salon every 8 weeks, so I started using box color. Switched to a brand of color I thought I really liked, but realized after a few uses that the stuff was frying my hair - which I'd been coloring for years with no issues :(

I tried baking soda and vinegar, which made my hair wonderfully manageable but pulled out the color. I tried drugstore stuff, which made my hair tangled and so that it quickly got greasy.I tried natural brands and didn't care for several of them. Finally, I sucked it up, went in for a haircut and asked the girl what color-protecting shampoo she'd recommend.

She raved about this one and I walked away with the gift pack of the small bottles, to try it. The price isn't terrible - I honestly expected worse for high-end stuff, and I don't shampoo every day so I figure it will last. After just one use, the texture of my hair was SO improved. Silky, soft, snarl-free and light/not weighted down. I waited a few days before using again to see if it would get super greasy in between washes like it used to, but it doesn't! My hair feels wonderful and looks great. I will keep using and probably go back for bigger bottles next time. I find the smell pleasant, fruity and not offensive at all, and I'm sensitive to a lot of fragrances so that's saying something. I'm excited to keep using this.