MAC Matte - Sin

4.5

on 5/23/2015 11:15:00 AM

Love this color! Very similar with the Diva, but is more brownish and one tone darker. Is matte, so I don't need say more, right? The duration on lips are perfect, tinted the lips and need a good make-up remover!

This can be the perfect black red, if you use it the right way.
It is a burgundy red shade when applied in one coat, and turns to darkest red when applied full on.

My very pigmented rosy lips let many vampy shades turn purple or pink on me.
I apply this one once with a lip brush, and twice full on from the bullet: darkest red possible, not one hint of purple or pink. Dark - brown/blackish - red. Very vampy.

Like all of Mac's mattes, it can tug a little on the lips when applied, but it is a gorgeous, not overly drying matte colour.

on 2/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Arguably one of my top three MAC lipsticks, fantastic colour pay off and I love the matte finish. If you already own Diva I'd probably skip this... Sin is slightly darker with a drier more matte texture. It's actually quite similar in tone to Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb. I could go on for forever and a day about this lipstick. Bare in mind that this does have a dry texture so expect your lisp to not feel hydrated in the slightest after usage, Chapstick is essential :). If you're a fan of a vampy bold lip, I would definitely recommend - so happy this is a permanent lipstick.

nice but very drying similar to diva but diva is creamier

on 1/18/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I live in New Zealand so this product was ridiculously expensive ($40). But it was most definitely worth it, the colour is so pigmented and suits me very well (I wear NW33). The matte finish is a bit drying since my lips are extremely chapped from the winter however it does glide on really easily and the colour last for at least 6 hours.

on 10/22/2014 6:34:00 PM

Excellent colour but so brutal to put on! It also flakes off after a few hours and I find needs not only to be reapplied but taken off and reapplied from scratch (liner and all) after eating. Really needs a liner, too.

on 10/20/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the darkest mac lip color I own. It wasn't my first choice when I was shopping at mac it was one of the three lipsticks I bought that day (heroine and dubonnet). I had originally wanted to try paramount but it had sold out at the time. So I saw this color on display and it looked pretty interesting and similar to paramount. I thought it was pretty sexy so I decided to buy it. This color along with ruby woo is a b---- to apply! That's the only downside. Other than that it lasted forever and I was pretty happy with the color. It's like a blackened red/brown color with the slightest pinch of purple. So beautiful I would probably wear it all year I'm a dark lipstick kind of girl I honestly think most nudes look kinda gross. But that's just me.

on 8/7/2014 12:22:00 AM

I do hope that this isn't a LE because the intense deep burgundy shade is a perfect no-brainer for a fall/winter night out.

Despite it's dark colour, it's pretty versatile because you can sheer it out by blotting it on lightly and then building it up to a midtone purple red by building it up. Or go full on vamp glam by swiping it to a blacken burgundy.

It's a matte so it lasts for a really long time but you should exfoliate and moisture your lips well before applying because it will cling to chapped/drier patches. Since it's a stark colour, a lip liner in a similar shade is recommended.

The way I like to wear this is with a simple eye look (i.e. light shimmer with small kitten flick and mascara) neutral cheeks and this on the lips.

A must have <3

on 6/10/2014 9:58:00 PM

I loooove Mac matte lipsticks ... My fave being viva glam III. I wanted something similar yet deeper and bought this sight unseen off the web while purchasing my summer shade of NW30 pro longwear concealer. I searched the mattes, and picked this one and I LOVE IT! It's much darker in the tube but wears similarly to vgIII, but definitely noticeably deeper to the trained eye. Like a brick/ raisiny color. I could see this working on a multitude of skin tones. I am nw20/30 summer and love, and my nc40 colleague looks smashing in it. Lasts forever on the lip but make sure well moisturized or can dry the lip out and cause patchiness. I don't care that summer is here, bring on the deep lip!

on 1/30/2014 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I got this for my birthday and my god... you guys, this is THE perfect vampy lipstick for me. It looks something like dark red velvet from a distance, not like the finish but the colour (if you get what I mean). I have Dark Side as well, and I have to say that they are similar, but Dark Side is slightly more purple and dark where Sin is more red-pinky-ish and a tiny bit more light (still purty dark though). Also, Dark Side is amplified (if I'm correct) and Sin is matte, which I personally prefer. It lasts quite a good while so I don't have anything to complain about that. I don't find it drying, either. The price and the fact that MAC does test on animals is why I took one lippie off, but for the rest: If you like dark vampy matte lips.. go get 'em, girl.

Popular Lipsticks