October 24, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Sin

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ameliaaah

Excellent colour but so brutal to put on! It also flakes off after a few hours and I find needs not only to be reapplied but taken off and reapplied from scratch (liner and all) after eating. Really needs a liner, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the darkest mac lip color I own. It wasn't my first choice when I was shopping at mac it was one of the three lipsticks I bought that day (heroine and dubonnet). I had originally wanted to try paramount but it had sold out at the time. So I saw this color on display and it looked pretty interesting and similar to paramount. I thought it was pretty sexy so I decided to buy it. This color along with ruby woo is a b---- to apply! That's the only downside. Other than that it lasted forever and I was pretty happy with the color. It's like a blackened red/brown color with the slightest pinch of purple. So beautiful I would probably wear it all year I'm a dark lipstick kind of girl I honestly think most nudes look kinda gross. But that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do hope that this isn't a LE because the intense deep burgundy shade is a perfect no-brainer for a fall/winter night out.

Despite it's dark colour, it's pretty versatile because you can sheer it out by blotting it on lightly and then building it up to a midtone purple red by building it up. Or go full on vamp glam by swiping it to a blacken burgundy.

It's a matte so it lasts for a really long time but you should exfoliate and moisture your lips well before applying because it will cling to chapped/drier patches. Since it's a stark colour, a lip liner in a similar shade is recommended.

The way I like to wear this is with a simple eye look (i.e. light shimmer with small kitten flick and mascara) neutral cheeks and this on the lips.

A must have <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loooove Mac matte lipsticks ... My fave being viva glam III. I wanted something similar yet deeper and bought this sight unseen off the web while purchasing my summer shade of NW30 pro longwear concealer. I searched the mattes, and picked this one and I LOVE IT! It's much darker in the tube but wears similarly to vgIII, but definitely noticeably deeper to the trained eye. Like a brick/ raisiny color. I could see this working on a multitude of skin tones. I am nw20/30 summer and love, and my nc40 colleague looks smashing in it. Lasts forever on the lip but make sure well moisturized or can dry the lip out and cause patchiness. I don't care that summer is here, bring on the deep lip!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for my birthday and my god... you guys, this is THE perfect vampy lipstick for me. It looks something like dark red velvet from a distance, not like the finish but the colour (if you get what I mean). I have Dark Side as well, and I have to say that they are similar, but Dark Side is slightly more purple and dark where Sin is more red-pinky-ish and a tiny bit more light (still purty dark though). Also, Dark Side is amplified (if I'm correct) and Sin is matte, which I personally prefer. It lasts quite a good while so I don't have anything to complain about that. I don't find it drying, either. The price and the fact that MAC does test on animals is why I took one lippie off, but for the rest: If you like dark vampy matte lips.. go get 'em, girl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

Love this color! It is a little darker than sin. Perfect matte, creamy dark red. It is not as dark as Media.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sin is a great looking, great quality lipstick and color but because it is so cool-toned and blue-based I picked up Charred Red from the MAC Pro shop instead. Charred Red and Red Pepper are much warmer and have more of a brown base.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this lipstick after seeing it on MAC's Valentine's Day website. I had hoped for an intense blackened red lipstick. I've been looking for one forever. This is a nice matte red lipstick. It's more burgundy then red on my lips. The matte makes it nice, but it can be quite drying at times. Make sure to use a lip moisturizer underneath to keep your lips from drying. Not a bad shade. Not my favorite. A definite keeper for when I feel a little naughty. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Tishkaminx

Just ordered a back up of this colour- so perfect for the deepest red mouth. I used to have cyber (black-purple) but i really don't suit purples but was looking for something just as dark in red- and this is it. Highly recomended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No