MAC Matte - Sin

4.4

on 2/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Arguably one of my top three MAC lipsticks, fantastic colour pay off and I love the matte finish. If you already own Diva I'd probably skip this... Sin is slightly darker with a drier more matte texture. It's actually quite similar in tone to Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb. I could go on for forever and a day about this lipstick. Bare in mind that this does have a dry texture so expect your lisp to not feel hydrated in the slightest after usage, Chapstick is essential :). If you're a fan of a vampy bold lip, I would definitely recommend - so happy this is a permanent lipstick.

nice but very drying similar to diva but diva is creamier

on 1/18/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I live in New Zealand so this product was ridiculously expensive ($40). But it was most definitely worth it, the colour is so pigmented and suits me very well (I wear NW33). The matte finish is a bit drying since my lips are extremely chapped from the winter however it does glide on really easily and the colour last for at least 6 hours.

on 10/22/2014 6:34:00 PM

Excellent colour but so brutal to put on! It also flakes off after a few hours and I find needs not only to be reapplied but taken off and reapplied from scratch (liner and all) after eating. Really needs a liner, too.

on 10/20/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the darkest mac lip color I own. It wasn't my first choice when I was shopping at mac it was one of the three lipsticks I bought that day (heroine and dubonnet). I had originally wanted to try paramount but it had sold out at the time. So I saw this color on display and it looked pretty interesting and similar to paramount. I thought it was pretty sexy so I decided to buy it. This color along with ruby woo is a b---- to apply! That's the only downside. Other than that it lasted forever and I was pretty happy with the color. It's like a blackened red/brown color with the slightest pinch of purple. So beautiful I would probably wear it all year I'm a dark lipstick kind of girl I honestly think most nudes look kinda gross. But that's just me.

on 8/7/2014 12:22:00 AM

I do hope that this isn't a LE because the intense deep burgundy shade is a perfect no-brainer for a fall/winter night out.

Despite it's dark colour, it's pretty versatile because you can sheer it out by blotting it on lightly and then building it up to a midtone purple red by building it up. Or go full on vamp glam by swiping it to a blacken burgundy.

It's a matte so it lasts for a really long time but you should exfoliate and moisture your lips well before applying because it will cling to chapped/drier patches. Since it's a stark colour, a lip liner in a similar shade is recommended.

The way I like to wear this is with a simple eye look (i.e. light shimmer with small kitten flick and mascara) neutral cheeks and this on the lips.

A must have <3

on 6/10/2014 9:58:00 PM

I loooove Mac matte lipsticks ... My fave being viva glam III. I wanted something similar yet deeper and bought this sight unseen off the web while purchasing my summer shade of NW30 pro longwear concealer. I searched the mattes, and picked this one and I LOVE IT! It's much darker in the tube but wears similarly to vgIII, but definitely noticeably deeper to the trained eye. Like a brick/ raisiny color. I could see this working on a multitude of skin tones. I am nw20/30 summer and love, and my nc40 colleague looks smashing in it. Lasts forever on the lip but make sure well moisturized or can dry the lip out and cause patchiness. I don't care that summer is here, bring on the deep lip!

on 1/30/2014 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I got this for my birthday and my god... you guys, this is THE perfect vampy lipstick for me. It looks something like dark red velvet from a distance, not like the finish but the colour (if you get what I mean). I have Dark Side as well, and I have to say that they are similar, but Dark Side is slightly more purple and dark where Sin is more red-pinky-ish and a tiny bit more light (still purty dark though). Also, Dark Side is amplified (if I'm correct) and Sin is matte, which I personally prefer. It lasts quite a good while so I don't have anything to complain about that. I don't find it drying, either. The price and the fact that MAC does test on animals is why I took one lippie off, but for the rest: If you like dark vampy matte lips.. go get 'em, girl.

on 11/26/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this color! It is a little darker than sin. Perfect matte, creamy dark red. It is not as dark as Media.

on 2/2/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Sin is a great looking, great quality lipstick and color but because it is so cool-toned and blue-based I picked up Charred Red from the MAC Pro shop instead. Charred Red and Red Pepper are much warmer and have more of a brown base.

Popular Lipsticks