October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in Burgundy (5)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I uploaded a photo to show the 2 coat coverage of this mascara. The burgundy shade is more noticeable under natural light.

This is simply the best mascara there is. And this color is divine. It shows up on the lashes without being garish. It's such a nice complement to my light blue eyes, but I think this would work with any eye color.

This mascara is not cheap but as soon as you apply it, you can see the difference in quality. It applies smoothly but is not too thin. You can build on it without it going clumpy or your lashes sticking together. It's not irritating, it doesn't flake off or transfer during the day.

This is a case where the price and the hype are well-deserved. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a devine mascara formula, it builds up beautiful lashes. I have this in black as well as the burgundy. I was hoping for the color to be more aparent on my lashes (darker at the base, lighter as the tips). You really can't tell my lashes are burgundy unless in very specific, direct sunlight. Still, my lashes look very defined, just without the "harshness" of black. When paried with a red/plum liner, the color pulls a little more true to tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this mascara. I've owned Faux Cils in black, brown and now burgundy. This is my favourite of the three colours I've tried - it really brings out the green pigment in my eyes without looking too purple on the lashes. I don't know if this colour is limited but certainly hope not as it's my new holy grail!

I also love the huge fluffy brush but realise it may not be for everyone. Definitely have a look before buying, but keep in mind that the burgundy dries to an almost-black colour. I've had no problems with flaking or drying after a month of use, and so have nothing but good things to day about this product. Even the price seems worth it for the dramatic impact it makes! Looks great paired with Chanel eye pencil in Berry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

This is just my favourite mascara ever, the colour suit my blue eyes so well. Everybody alwais make complimentso on my bourgandy mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely marvelous mascara for green eyed gals! Its the most I've ever spent on a mascara but its completely worth it. The burgundy effect is not garish in the daytime as its on a black base, but there is enough to really make the colour of your eyes stand out. On me, it doesn't flake nor does it seem to dry out particularly fast. Better than Dark Auburn by Max Factor for daytime.... and night! Heavan in a gold luxe tube... j'adore.
UPDATE: Dropping from 5 to 3 lippies because this dries out too quickly for the price so I won't be buying it again. Shame, because I love this stuff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

I will not comment on the formula of Faux Cils, except to say that it is the best in the universe if you want long, thick,dramatic lashes in two coats. It is simply without par. Burgundy is a plummy brown, and the color is vivid enough for a subtle pop, but it is not garish or over the top. Works well with Clinique Black Honey liner. pops the amber tones in my eyes.