November 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Lip Gloss - Mary Kay - Fancy Nancy Lip Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by TexasBelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful frosted peachy-pinkish color, but holy moly, the glitter!! Once the gloss rubs off you are left with a glittery mess all over and around your mouth. And the glitter doesn't come off without makeup remover. I guess this look might appeal to a teenager but not a 46 year old woman. The gloss does not seem sticky to me, especially compared to other brands of lipgloss. Would be a winner for me without all the glitter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by emilypat

Pretty color but very sticky and large glitter chunks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by hegtvedt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite gloss. The color is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I got mine in a swop and was totally surprised.

I have very irritable lips that dry out quickly. This doesn't dry them out or make me want to lick my lips compulsively. It has a mild vanilla/ Palmers Cocoa butter scent with no flavor. The texture is not sticky (Stila lip glazes are dang sticky) but this is smooth and spreads easily. The fine sparkles will not be for everyone. The colour is surprisingly lighter on lips compared to what you see on the side of the tube. Give it a swatch- its definitely much better looking out of the tube!.

Wearing power is weak- I think it disappears after an hour on me- so you need to be someone who likes having a retouch ritual in your day.
Finally I dig the name Fancy Nancy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This is my all time favorite of MK's lipglosses. I don't care for the lipsticks (too waxy/perfumy and dry) but these glosses are fantastic. They are really moisturizing, not sticky and there is no unpleasant taste/smell to them. Fancy Nancy is a warm pink with gold shimmer, goes really well with shy blush. Others have commented on how similar both are to Nars O. I tried the Nars in Sephora and didn't like how it smelled, the MK smells like cookie dough. This would suit pretty much anyone and would be a good color to try if you're not sure which to get.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first got this gloss as a sample, I wasn't sure about it. Now that I have bought it, it is one of my favorites. I know it has big chunks of glitter and that can be a turn off, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I admit, I don't wear it everyday, but it I do grab for it often to throw it into my purse. I love that is is an easy "dressed down" gloss. I can wear it with jeans and a t-shirt and it looks like I just have some slight shimmer on my lips and a slight wash of color on my lips. I can also add a couple of layers and build the color easily. I think this color can suit almost any skin type. I am very fair and it suits me. I have a friend who is very dark and it suits her. I also love the vanilla taste. I have heard this gloss compared to NARS Super Orgasm. I think this one is better. It is less expensive and it tastes better. My biggest turn off is that is is slightly sticky when first applied. I would repurchase this because I get so many compliments when I wear it and it really does suit my skin tone and almost any outfit well. Great job, Mary Kay!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MrsFeige

i got a free sample from a lady i work with, its a shade i usually gravitate to. so i bought the full size. and i hate it, its got CHUNKS of glitter in it, it feels grainy, goes on like...crisco. not luxurious at all. its about $14 dollars a tube and, thats alot for me. ill stick to elf :)

the color is pretty, the glitter is just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love Orgasm, but I love Fancy Nancy even more (and I didn't think that was possible). I'm very fair complected and, as fantastic as it looks on me, I would venture a guess it would be even better against tanned skin. Definitely my new HG of lip glosses and I'll be stocking up. MK's come a long ways and apparently is no longer "your mother's makeup", because their Shy Blush is a dead ringer for Orgasm, too. Hope they keep these gorgeous (and affordable) colors going!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! I'm usually more of a pale or rosy pink or peach gloss type of girl. I got this as a gift and I thought the color would be awful on me, it looked kind of reddish with loads of sparkles (I thought for sure it would look awful on my often blotchy red skin tone). I put it on and I was so blown back, this actually compliments my skin tone more so than my usual pink lip gloss. The color is super flattering, this is not too sticky, it has a soft sort of vanilla-ish scent, and the staying power was pretty good.
If you hate sparkles or glitter in your lip product i would probably skip this though. I don't like too much glitter, but then again I don't mind the sparkles or shimmer in other lip glosses that seem to drive others wild ( I have Revlon Peach Parfait and Maybelline Babylips in Peach Kiss and many reviewers complained about the glitter or shimmer while I actually like it). I think the glitter in this makes your lips look plumper and young and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love different levels of sheen you can build to, they are all pleasant and pretty. Alone on lips it gives a soft color with a bit of the gold shimmer very reminiscient of NARS Orgasam at 1/2 the price. Very soft fragrance too, not like the Nars which smells like chemicals. The MK Shy blush is a dead wringer for the organsm blush as well... I guess the "nice girls way" to do orgasam lol.