Bourjois 1001 Lashes

3.3

on 10/11/2014 3:15:00 AM

It was the reviews on Amazon that encouraged me to purchase this mascara, the rating was higher than it is here. I had been using Este Lauder's double wear for the last few years because all of the supermarket brands gave me panda eyes, but the last two double wears seemed dry even when I first bought them and it was clumping looking. This is thin enough to separate lashes, it still does give ever so slight panda eyes, but given the price I can live with that. This isn't particularly lengthening but I use fibres for nights out.

on 11/13/2013 1:46:00 PM

this is a average mascara, it does lenghten lashes but not to the extent where it will give you 1000 lashes I think that's false advertising, but it does thicken and lenghten ever so slightly, I wouldent repurchase because a mascara that costs cheaper will do the same job,
pros/
does what a mascara supposed to do.
cons
can clump up.
Not all that.

I have upped my rating for this as I love the very dark, inky black colour and the way my lashes look after just two quick coats. The wand is a very slim silicone one. It doesn't seem to have lengthening fibres as it doesn't aggravate my very sensitive eyes. It separates well and lengthens my lashes. It tops off my everyday look and frames my eyes very nicely. It doesn't flake but it does smudge/transfer when I put eye drops in, unlike other mascaras I've used. The texture is not in the slightest bit thick, in fact slightly watery (I always get a tiny splash on my skin when applying, quite annoyingly) and I did not feel there was much in the tube. I think this is also great for lower lashes as the applicator is so thin. I wish the texture was just a little less watery but I will re-purchase. UPDATE: I love this mascara - contrary to my initial suspicions, it's so far lasted months and it hasn't dried up or changed in texture. My eyes love it - I'm needed to use far less eye drops since discovering it. I've bought a backup and I'm not going to mess about trying any other mascaras unless they discontinue it.

on 3/13/2013 9:21:00 AM

Got it as a free gift with a purchase, but wasn't impressed. Doesn't do much except maybe lenghthening my lashes a bit. Don't like the brush. I have to go over and over and over my lashes to get enough product on.

on 12/25/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Really jet black color doesn't fade. Makes my lashes really stand out compared to most other formulas. No smudging no flaking, even on my oily skin in summer it stays perfect. I have sensitive lashes and I have not problems with it. The mascara isn't clumpy IF you brush through briefly with a brush comb after application - this is the secret of getting that gorgeous 1000 separated defined lashes look! The "double helix" brush has a twist so it looks unusual. Its a defining type and the shape works well but I don't like these newer brushs that are made of rigid plastic because they feel so scratchy. I paid NZ $6 from a clearance store and at that price its a major bargain.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Can get a little clumpy at times, but I've been using this mascara for a while now, only while I've been trying to find a better mascara to use. Not the best, but not the worst.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really don't like this mascara. It is hard to move. The wand for the mascara is awful. It doesn't do anything for my lashes at all. It stinks. I don't recommend this product at all. It might work for other people but in my opinion it is not a good mascara.

on 5/23/2012 5:01:00 AM

unlike other reviewer, I like this mascara a lot! Very good pigmentation, nice color, doesn't "fade away" like some other mascaras do... No clumps for me, although it's pretty liquid, so if you have a strong bathroom light over your mirror where you keep your make up (like I do!), i noticed that some of the products give it away to the heat..so that's what might be causing clumps! I like the shape of it, it defines lashes very nicely, and prolongs them. Couldn't say much about the curling effect since my lashes are naturally pretty curly... but it definitly defines them and prolonges them, with quite a volume!
With time, it gets drier and a tiny bit sticky...but, don't they all!?

on 9/26/2011 5:26:00 PM

I am extremely hard to please when it comes to mascara. I received this as a freeby from Strawberrynet, so I wasn't expecting miracles, in fact, I was expecting a mascara that would end up in the bin. I was completely wrong! Bourjois have always put out quality products and this one is an absolute gem! The brush is ridiculous looking, but it really does the job. It gets every single lash and it makes them look really long! I chose blue as you had a choice of blue or brown as your freeby and I do love a blue mascara as long as it is a navy blue. I have blue eyes and this makes them look gorgeous. I cannot fault this mascara. It does everything you want and it did not budge all day. I expected to come on MUA and find rave reviews. I just can't understand the negative reviews. This mascara is the bomb!

on 8/14/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very average mascara. The wand has a very weird shape, it's meant to reach every single one of your lashes but I don't think it quite works, most of the time it's just a bit annoying because you have to be a bit more careful with it than with the regular shaped wands. The product itself is ok, lasts a long time and doesn't flake, but that's it. It also clumps a bit. The tube got messy quickly and because it's white it's even more noticeable. So all in all this mascara is quite good at lenghtening but doesn't give any volume. I wouldn't repurchase.

Top Rated Bourjois Products