November 27, 2014 | 986 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Supreme Sienna

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The liquid lipsticks are interesting. After you put it on, you should not put your lips together for a few minutes or they will stick together. It has to dry first. I usually fan it a bit with my hands to speed up drying. Even after that, it's still somewhat tacky, but I've grown used to it. It has shimmers in it, which you can see close up. You can't feel them though. Color does lighten after it's been on your lips for a little while. You must blend it fully before it dries or dot in on in places where it's uneven.
Believe it or not, after all I've said, I still like the revlon liquid lipsticks. I have 4 of them. I like the color payoff and it does last a long time. As far as the 24 hr thing, who wants their makeup to last that long anyway?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Color - Brown-based berry red. A great red for my coloring (AAB/NC25), perfect for more dramatic looks and fall and holiday color schemes. Similar to Grand Garnet but a shade darker and definitely warmer toned

Product - The directions say to apply in a very thin layer, and practice confirms this is the best method. You can always add another layer if needed. The lipcolor provides very dense coverage, so you don't need much to get the proper color effect. It dries slowly enough to work with, which I appreciate. It is a little tacky during the 5 minutes or so it takes to dry; later on, if you smoosh your lips together, it still feels slightly tacky (but no more so than with regular lipstick, IMO). However, to the touch (i.e., kissing, etc) the lips feel satiny-dry and smooth and definitely not tacky. No weird feel or taste when I lick my lips during the day. Dries to a satin finish and true to the color in the tube. Excellent staying power, with no change in coverage or texture. Lasts through meals, much to my excitement. Requires oil-based makeup remover or cleanser to remove. Best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips!

Product Comparisons - The two-step (color plus topcoat) systems like MF Lipfinity and CG Outlast did not work well for me: the lipcolor dried way too fast and made my lips dry and peel horribly. Plus I don't like to be bothered with carrying around and touching up with a special top coat all day long.

Packaging - The cylindrical tube is transparent so you can see the shade inside (a good thing) and the black screw-top houses a flocked doe-foot wand. The overall size is bigger, thicker than I would have preferred, but since I don't have to take this with me to reapply, this is moot. Personally I would also prefer a squared shape, just so it won't roll around on the counter :)

Overall - A great shade of red that stays put - what more could a gal ask for? Love this. continued >>