July 26, 2014 | 1460 users online

Polishes - OPI - Smitten With Mittens

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour so so so much! To me, it looks like Got the Blues for Red with a ton of gold glitter in it. In the bottle, you see the gold quite a bit, but on the nails, I find the sparkle just looks red but very very pretty. Coverage is good for a red, I can do this one in two coats and they're nice and even.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is stunning. While there are gold flecks visible in the bottle, they do not show up on the nail. What you get on the nail is an extremely fine red microglitter. It GLOWS. And while I understand why China Glaze's Ruby Pumps is a perennial favorite, Smitten With Mittens is now my favorite winter/holiday red. It's a warming glow on your nails! Bottles are popping up at CVS drugstores and if you can find one BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Smitten with Mittens was from the 2009 holiday collection and is a glowy/sparkly dark red (but not vamp) polish. This is the perfect red color for those wanting something a little darker than the traditional Christimas ribbon red. The microglitter in this polish makes it look like there is a warm cozy fire inside the polish. While the glitter in the bottle looks heavily gold, on the nail I see more red and just "glowy" glitter. Application was perfectly opaque in two coats. Wear time was a full week with no chipping (although I did have very minor tip wear at four days from typing). This polish is now HTF and expensive so if you love it and can find it I'd definitely recommend it. I also would DEFINITELY buy this one again. It has become my Holy Grail holiday red.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by psychdr

Great color and not overly glittery. Great for the holidays! Long wearing too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Please click continued for a swatch pic & comparison pic with China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

This is from the Holiday 2009 collection and it is so HTF now! It took me quite a while to hunt this down. This is a gorgeous deep red loaded with red and gold glitters. The base is more like a jelly one. When on nails, quite unfortunately, the gold glitters seem to be too shy to show up, no matter irl or in a photo. It applies and dries smoothly. Opaque and even at 2 coats. I cannot comment on the wear as most of the time, no mani will last more than 3 days on me - I simply get bored. However, I will report back if I can wear this mroe than 3 days without itching to do another mani!

I tried to layer SwM over a black and a vamp (Essie Wicked, black label), which in both cases, the gold glitters still didn't want to show up. Maybe better when layered with black...

In an attempt to compare with China Glaze Ruby Pumps now! First, SwM is a deeper red than RP. Also, SwM dries smoother than RP - you can tell from my comparison pic as well. RP is sort of bumpy without a top coat. The other thing is the glitters. SwM has the gold glitters instead of red only in RP. However, when removing the nail polishes, I noticed that I got some silver glitters from RP, which I actually cannot see them no matter in the bottle or on nails. The other difference, though probably microscopic or just my mistaken perception, RP has a stronger glow from within effect when compared to SwM.

To put it simple, this is a great colour. But, if you already have Ruby Pumps, which is easy to find, and not crazy abt red nail polish, you probably won't need this. HTH! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

Smitten With Mittens (what a cute name) is a beautiful deep red with gold glitter and is perfect for the holidays/winter. I only have to apply 2 coats, and the polish goes on soothly. For me it lasts several days before starting to chip.

To compare it to other red glitters that I have: it's darker than both Dear Santa and China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

I'm very happy with this colour, I'd re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smitten with Mittens is a gorgeous red with gold glitter in it. To the eye, in the bottle, this shade looks boring; however, once applied it is beautiful. It's like having my beloved "I'm not really a Waitress" with gold flecks in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by saribee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this color!! Its the perfect red-wine/burgundy color, with blue undertones and mature looking sparkles. I have extremely fair skin and this makes my hands look so bright and beautiful. Perfect for this holiday season. I don't think i've encountered a more perfect red in a while. It's deep and elegant. I take 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

I was feeling festive so I picked out this OPI holiday collection color at the nail salon. I normally don't do red nails but this color is so pretty. Indoors, this looks like a wine red w/ subtle sparkle. But, sunlight is what really brings out the beauty of this color. The sparkles just dance and reflect from the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by seddon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beats China Glaze's Ruby Pumps hands down, GORGEOUS.