November 1, 2014 | 801 users online

Polishes - New York Color - In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - Manhattan 248

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, this $1.99 polish is better than many of my $8.00 Essie polishes! This color in particular is a deep, deep burgundy-purple. I always think it's dark red, but it's definitely purple when I actually have it on. Absolutely stunning, dries very quick, and doesn't bubble or chip! Many of my Essies take three coats to truly show opaque color, but this does it in two, or even one thick one. Sometimes I even forget a top coat and it's perfectly fine :)
One of my favorite polishes of all time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite polishes for Fall, it's a very deep, almost black plum tone. Yes, the first coat takes a couple minutes to dry, but you really need at least two to get the full effect. That is my only complaint, that two coats seem to take forever to dry! I painted my nails and went to bed an hour later, still woke up with sheet marks in my nails :-( Maybe it's too old and the formula has changed? I do love the color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this polish! It is my new favorite fall polish : ) It looks so chich and it's the perfect tone without looking vampy. I also love that I forgot to put a top coat on it, and it lasted over a week before chipping!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by texaskajun

I love this polish. I found it by accident and I absolutely love the line. Easy application and drys fast--I'm talking lightning fast.

I like using New York Color Minute when I know I need to polish my nails, but I don't feel up to the challenge of being completely still for an hour. Well, this polish cuts down the wait time to sheer minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Quickly becoming my favorite polish. Two coats is an opaque, burgundy, plummy chocolate that is creamy and delicious. Lasts exceptionally well on me and few polishes do. Dirt cheap, best vamp-y shade I've found for my very fair, cool skin. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite nail polishes. Its so beautiful, very feminine, very sexy, extremely pigmented, only two coats needed, drys very quick, lasts a long time, and is only 1.99, or in my case .99, i mean what more can you ask for? I love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

This nail polish is alrite, not the best quality. Works well. You get what you paid for

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Pretty, deep cranberry color. For me it looks decent with 2 coats but I'm sure with 3 it would look even better. Dries quickly and I can't ever complain about that. It's also pretty shiny on its own which is nice. So for the price and convenience and overall result, I'd say this is a great polish :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Good basic burgundy. as another reviewer said 2 coats will get it opaque, but 3 makes it a really gorgeous vampy color. Not an "almost black" (a la OPI black cherry chutney), but a deep, rich burgundy. It didn't quite dry in a "minute", but it was quicker than NYC Long Wearing polishes. Wear was pretty good, no chips, but some minor tip wear after a few days (I'm really tough on my nails though). For $1.99 you can't really go wrong with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by hersupernature

This is definitely the best polish I've ever bought. The consistency, color, and wear is just about as good as (and even better with the quick-dry formula) the higher-end brands I've had my way around with.
The color itself is a vampy creme, dark burgundy. One or two coats will give you such a color, but three (as I'm wearing) will give you an almost deep dark black-cherry effect that's really killer.
The formula itself is unlike NYC's traditional polishes, which in my experience are typically simultaneously too thick and not opaque enough to satisfaction; this formula glides on ridiculously well and dries in literally two minutes, even though it's a very dark polish. The wear is pretty good, too; you'll probably have to reapply after 3 days or so, which in my opinion is not too bad at all.
And another plus - the brush is thick, so you'll have an even coat in only one or two strokes!
For $2, this is one of the best nail lacquers money can buy. I'm serious. Run out and get this!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No