Mary Kay Eye Shadow -- Golden Olive

4.5

on 4/16/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I believe this shade of mineral eye shadow is now d/c'ed but I was able to purchase it on ebay for less than $5 including shipping - so i gave it a try. This is a lovely shade of olive green with a golden/brown sheen to it. I like it, but it is not as pigmented as i had hoped. Good for lids but not suitable as a liner even when wet (at least on me and I have very fair skin.). I was hoping for a 5-star shade - this is a 4 - good but not a HG. Since it is d/c'ed I likely will not repurchase (and I bet it'll take me a long time to "hit pan" anyway. If you like greens in Kary Kay try Ivy Garden.

on 10/31/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this color is gorgeous. I've never tried any Mary Kay products until very recently, when I won a $50 gift cert. in a random drawing. I ended up spending $100 in makeup even after the $50 gift cert. was applied. One of the things I purchased was the Golden Olive eye shadow. It's just like it's name: a shimmery olive with a golden undertone. It looks gorgeous on the lid, or as a contour. I'm really really impressed with Mary Kay's eyeshadows. The colors are really intense, very concentrated, go on silky-smooth, and a little goes a long way.