Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 7/18/2015 12:10:00 PM

Last year I bought this colour and I LOVED it because it was the perfect mint 'green'.. And it was 100% green when I purchase it. This summer I put it on and it is definitely BLUE now. I compared my nails to a new bottle in the store and the difference in colour is night and day. It sucks that over time the colour does change from green to blue. That is why some people think it's blue and some think it's green, it depends how old the bottle is. Hope this helps solve the mystery for some!

on 7/12/2015 9:09:00 PM

I am one of those people that will google image polish colors to see how they look before buying. Photos do not do this color justice! This is my favorite mint nail color out there, plus Essie polishes tend to last a little longer than other brands. Love..definitely recommend!

on 6/18/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I don't know where the name came from because it's not a mint at all. I would describe it as a bright blue with maybe a hint of green. I love the color, it's bright and gorgeous, and screams spring and summer.. The formula is a little difficult and it can take two or even three coats to cover completely. In my opinion, it's worth if for the color. I'm on my first first bottle, but since it's a favorite I am planning to repurchase.

on 6/13/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Mint? It looks just pastel blue to me. I find this polish very streaky and application is very difficult with the thin brush. It takes forever to dry. I loved it when applied by a professional at the salon but I can't get a good result by myself at home, although I'm quite a veteran nail painter. I won't repurchase.

on 6/12/2015 10:42:00 AM

This is THE perfect mint color!!! My fave color is mint/turquoise. MCA is definitely more on the "mint" colored side (doesn't really show up blue toned on my nails). I purchased this when it first came out so I'm not sure if the color has been tweaked since then. It has great opacity as well. I was initially worried that I would need to slap on multiple layers (like a lot of pastel colors i have tried - not from Essie though). I can usually get away with applying 2 coats of this. It gives me a nice solid color. This is my first Essie purchase, and I was always hesitant due to the price tag, but I would definitely be purchasing more!!! It dries fast and stays nice and shiny!! It's been 2 days and so far no chipping!

on 6/8/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hightly pigmented! You can get away with one coat. Average as far as chipping/longevity goes. Very flattering colour that stands out and will score you some compliments!

on 5/1/2015 7:08:00 AM

This is a must-have Essie polish! It is a perfectly opaque, stark, minty light-blue. Because it really does look more blue than green, the name is misleading. This is an absolutely gorgeous pastel, it doesn't look chalky or dull. Excellent formula as well, no problems with application or wear.
I love the way this polish looks and I'd definitely buy it again.
Recommended!

on 4/26/2015 9:22:00 AM

This is an amazing colour. .especially for summer. I do love it but other reviewers were right wen they mentioned Careful application. .I applied base coat, two thin layers then top coat this morning and my nails looked great! But after only a few hours four nails are chipped already so I took a star off for that. Still in love with the colour though

I really like the color of this nail polish, but compared to my other Essie polishes, it's quite difficult to apply. The first coat was sheer and very streaky, but I always apply two coats of polish anyway, however I found that when I applied a second coat, the polish would drag and kind of just slide around on my nail. I would say that you need about three coats for this to look decent. Overall, I'd recommend Mint Candy Apple because it's a lovely color, but it does take some time and effort to apply it nicely.

on 1/27/2015 9:43:00 PM