November 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Winter Cordials - Triple Hot Chocolate Mentha Lip Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by heathersmakeupaddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the shimmer in this product! Put it over any lipstick, and it will add a whole new dimension! I haven't noticed any issues with the smell so far, and neither has anyone else that I know...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

Ok so I bought this lipgloss for .75 cents. yes 90% off! it is so pretty and slightly shimmery and tastes like mint but people i work with are so repulsed by the smell that i cant bring this anywhere to put it on :( to me, it smells like a peppermint patty and the cooling sensation is refreshing but the smell is putrid to others :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipgloss and was so excited! It smelled super yummy out of the tube. I tried it on and it was sooo pretty... a super shimmery color and tasted just like Swiss Miss! But to other people it gives off a horrible smell, me and my friends where so disgusted by the smell, it was like the smell of stinky feet! I gave it one lipstick for the super cute shimmer and taste. I was really excited about this gloss at first, but all day wearing this all I heard was "Eww! Whats that smell?!" The gorgeous shimmers and hot cocoa taste is just not worth the horrid smell it gives off.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I am so relieved to know that I am not alone! I got this as a stocking stuffer and was so excited to try it (being a big fan of hot chocolate). I thought it tasted good, and it went on well. Then my husband walked in the room and said it smelled like poop. I had no idea what he was talking about, but then he got up close to me and exclaimed "It's your lip stuff! It smells like poop!" Sure enough, I had other people smell it out of the tube and they agreed! I have to toss this one - I would be way too embarassed to wear this in public. Too bad, but I got a good laugh out of it. I never heard of a lip gloss smelling so foul! At least I'm not the only one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells and tastes delicious - York Peppermint Patty is an accurate description. No doggie-doo here, thankfully! It's a little too glittery for my liking, but it feels and smells great! (Purchased for 50% off after Xmas)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by RhoRho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up over the weekend, mainly because my lips were so chapped, and I didn't have my trusty burts bees with me. I love lip glosses that mosturize, and I love chocolate, so I figured this was a win-win. OK, got to the car put it on, it had a great shine, I liked the consistency of it, it tasted great, BUT, my friend threatened to throw me out of the car because he said it smelled so bad! And, my mother thought I had stepped in dog poop when I wore it around her! Honestly, the smell doesn't bother me, and I will continue to wear it, but only around my house, as I don't want to offend others! I love the menthol tingle and I would most likely buy again, but not if it makes everyone around me feel sick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

This is a very yummy chocolaty mint flavored clear-ish gloss with silver sparkles. It tastes like York peppermint patties almost to me, I can see why some people might not like it but I think its fun for the holidays.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought this because I love anything having to do with chocolate. Anyway, my lips were feeling extremely dry at school today and I remembered I had this in my bag. Well I reached for it and put it on and within 5 seconds, a classmate sitting next to me began looking around curiously. Then he finally couldn't take it anymore and blurted out "WHAT IS THAT SMELLLLLLL??!?!" And to top it off, he said whatever it was, it smelled like smelly feet! I was so embarrassed!!! I confessed that it was my lip balm and he asked if that was my way of keeping men away from me! Haha. Well needless to say, I will not be buying anymore of these. I don't know what I will do with the one I have. I may just use it around the home or before I go to bed. If you want to keep men away from you or smell like smelly feet, this lip balm will do the job lol!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by soccermama87

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It smells good in the tube, but once you put it on, the smell reminds me of sour towels or like laundry that had been left too long in the washer. My husband said the smell reminded him of organic fertilizer, something with nitrates!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tested this lip gloss in Bath and Body Works, and it actually had a real scent to it, unlike the rest of the new Winter Cordial glosses from C.O. Bigelow. I applied it, and it was great! I usually don't like the scent of chocolate, but this one had me paying the $7.50 for it, which doesn't sound like much, but I don't think I have ever spent more than 5 or 6 bucks for a lipgloss. Now, I took this home and used it the next morning. It smelled fantastic when I applied it. About 30 minutes later, I started feeling a little bit nauseous. It was from - guess what! - this lip gloss! I can't believe that I was starting to dislike something I had loved so much the day before! I have continued to use this, and I am getting over the strong chocolate scent it delivers to my nose, and starting to see the good in it. This gloss gives a lot of shine that lasts for hours. This has the lasting power of super glue! It isn't sticky at all, though. It shows up on my lips clear with just a teeny bit of sparkle to it, but definitely not anything too circus-like. I do think this moisturizes, which is perfect for the icy winter months we all endure. I have to say that I love this gloss, and would be happy to re-purchase it!