November 26, 2014 | 907 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Eurydice

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful vibrant purple, I really couldn't resist buying it. And I'm so glad it worked on me!!!! I'm not one to wear such colours even though I love creating smokey eyes. I often go for browns, dark browns... This purple is STRONG and LOUD, but so elegant at the same time. Graphite complements the purple very well. Also I've only been playing with the two colours -I haven't tried adding other shadows yet! Gosh I love this combo! It's my second favourite of the Duo's, with Mandchourie being my #1.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eurydice is a great combination of shadows for a night out. Over a primer these two shadows lasted over 12 hours on my lids (it was a long night). Unfortunately the left side doesnít translate the way it swatches. The iridescent blue in the plummy purple gets lost in translation, although the complex charcoal shade on the right makes up for it. It has a lovely mysterious shimmer to it that compliments many other shadows in my collection. The pigmentation of the charcoal shade is one of the best Iíve encountered, even if the purple falls a bit short.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit: try this with WnW nutty!!

Edit: use this almost every night out Since i got it, in one way or another. Sooo sexy, esp with mac star violet thrown in somewhere.
I've down these looks with it so far:
Smoky/intense: purple all over till crease, blended out into angled shape, black on angled brush to line, black liner on inner corner, shimmery lilac eyeshadow to highlight . Pixiwoo did a very similar look with this duo that looks amazing on my eyes (brown).
Fresh/everyday: primer, skin coloured. Black on outer third and crease, extended out and blended well. Purple shade above black, almost softening it. Inner half of eyelid is totally 'blank' ie skin coloured, or u could use something like mac blanc white.
Both of these look beautiful, love the quality of these shadows because so little effort is needed to make it look good, i think i will be using this a lot esp to create the 'fresh' look paired with a berry gloss... I know it's premature to write a review but i wanted to record the 2 looks i did for future reference cz my memory sucks. Plus i looove this duo and wanted to gush. Get it! The reviewers who were disappointed about the blue flash barely showing up, you guys oughta swatch it in person. Tht's what i did and i liked the cranberry colour more than if it were true to pan. I guess cuz i like deep colours. Definitely plan to buy more Nars e/s instead of blowing money on lame d/s stuff which takes so much work to look decent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this so I can use both colors for a smokey look and as liner. Since it's rather pricey, I wanted to be able to use both colors. The purple comes up more red than purple on my NC30-NC35 skin. The darker color turned out beautifully. But I couldn't justify keeping this if I can just use the dark color since I have so many similar colors. I exchanged this for NARS Melusine, where the dark purple shade turned out just as I wanted and the lighter purple in Melusine is used as highlight or allover lid color. I just gotta keep searching for my perfect NARS dark eyeshadow liner still!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The purple side of this duo is difficult to work with, no doubt about it, but this duo makes the most stunning, sultry smoky eye and the effort is absolutely worth it. It is expensive but worth every penny, a definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm sad to say this but I was pretty disappointed in this product. It looked amazing when I swatched it at the store with my finger. When I brought it home and tried applying the purple with a brush, it looked like an eggplant wine colour which I'm not crazy about. I'm not one to shy away from colour AT ALL so I truly mean it when I say it makes me look like I was socked in the eye. I really want to make it work so I'm going to try to get Too Faced glitter glue or another NARS cream shadow that I can layer underneath...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this today and I fell in love with it. I used a MAC fresco rose paint pot as a base and put this on top-the puple on my lids and the slate color in the crease and lined my eyes with it. I always love the blendability of the NARS duos. I am very very happy with this purchase. The colors are beautiful!!
The colors are still gorgeous but I notice that the purple shade seems to always go on patchy (could be my brush...hmmmm)....over my UDPP and Mac PP. besides that its still an amazing duo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by thchocolateluver07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really do love this duo, the only down side is that it is a bit hard to work with the plum side. The black is super pigmented with beautiful silver glitter, its my favorite black shadow, but the plummy side is the naughty side. It has a really hard time sticking to your eyelid without a sticky cream base, and for me UDPP didnt work too well, it came out patchy and u can notice that i had applied my primer uneven, a really nice sticky blue or purple base will really help the color apply more true to color and when u get it right, its the perfect duo, so beautiful. I would buy this again but probably only for the black side :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This duo really brings out my eye colour! In a pan it looks like a bright fuchsia purple with blue flash and the dark shade is warm charcoal with multi coloured shimmer. I wore it with UDPP but unfortunately blue shimmer didn't showed up. Instead it looked like a beautiful deep plum shade. I wore it with shimmery light pink eye shadow in the inner conners and just outside the crease. It really brought out pink and red shades in this complex colour. I wore darker shade in the outer v and it completed the whole look very nicely. I didn't have any issues with bleandability.

EDIT: I figured out how you can re-create pan colour of purple shade. I've applied it over purple eye liner and the blue pearl showed up nicely.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt like this at all. I found the purple extremely hard to work and not true to color in the pan. I tried it with so many bases, but every single time it came up chalky, uneven, and ugly. The blue shimmer doesn't even translate on the eye.

The charcoal side was the complete opposite. It's an absolutely beautiful color. Blended great with no problems. Thats the only reason I give this 2 stars.