August 2, 2014 | 1292 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Luxor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 3 of these multiples and this is my favourite. It is a little drier than the multiple I have in Riviera but I would still consider it smooth and easy to apply as it glides on easily. I love the pinky-silver colour and find this is a great compliment as a slight shimmery sheen over any pink blush I own. I only ever use this as a highlight. (for ref: my skin is NC15).

The lasting power is ok but I think this would be due to using it as a final layer over blush. If it was to be used on its own I'm not sure how many hours wear you would get and would depend on skin type.

As I don't buff this in over blush (just pat in with my fingers) I need to be careful not to apply too much.

The only reason I did not choose the re-buy option is that I think this stick is going to last me forever and I have High Beam to alternate with for this colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by dienausicaa

This is a gorgeous pink silver creme stick to highlight the face.

I bought it for the color alone (my behavior pattern), unfortunately
when trying to highlight the top of my cheeks or anywhere where my skin is thin,
the texture is accentuated in a crease-y way because of the big shimmer particles and the contradictory dry texture. Nars is such a love hate affair for me so far, loving their colors, hating its textures...:( but then again my skin is dry and thin, it maybe nice on thicker and balanced skins maybe.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this highlighting multiple in hopes that it would give a dewy, pink hued sheen to my cheek and brow bones. While it does impart some sheen, the color completely disappears into my skin (very fair, cool toned). I think this multiple would be best for someone with a slightly darker skin tone. It barely shows up on me. For now, I'll stick to my Copacabana Multiple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this formula for highlighting over powder. great cream to powder stick for a subtle sheen. i'm nc 20 and this suited my skin better than copacabana. sleek packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mandzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite highlighter! Get compliments whenever i wear it! If youre new to the nars multiple range, i suggest you get this first since it matches all skin colours because its not very pigmented and adds a shine/glow rather than a colour. Although the colour it does add is a mix of benefits high beam and moon beam.
Living in Australia, this product is quite expensive, lucky I was able to find a discount website so I got it for much cheaper!
The staying power isn't the greatest and is what's stopping me from giving the product a 5 lippie rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Teresajane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was slightly sceptical about this product when it arrived. The delivery guy left the package in the garden in the sun as I was at work, so when I opened it, it looked like it was starting to melt! I did try in on my cheeks straight away and it kinda went on cakey, obviously due to the fact it was very soft from the heat. But I tried it again in the morning and I must say I love it! It's a beautiful colour for fair skin, it has a shimmer of pink and blue tones in it. Even with a tan this looks lovely on the cheek bones. I will purchase again, but I must say the price is slightly high!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure I'd buy this again. I like it, but I feel like its 1) a little drying even though I have oily skin, and 2) it gave me a big pimple on my cheekbone where I used it. I have nothing else to attribute this pimple to, I'm pretty sure Luxor is responsible.
So on the pros side: its a very flattering, sheen/subtle glow sort of color that I can imagine would look amazing on anyone. That said, I might prefer the GA fluid sheers instead, but they are a pain to apply properly as you have to pat them in and what not. This is also pretty affordable, and a good highlighter. What I dont like about it in addition to the stuff mentioned earlier is that I usually like to just swipe the stick on my skin but I know thats unhygenic, I think the NARS highlighters that come in tubes (liquids) are probably more hygienic. I def do like it better than Benefit moon beam and Stila's highlighter liquid that I had before. Thats all for now folks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by prairiehippiegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a makeup artist, I was looking for a illuminator or highlighter that I could use day to day and/or for wedding makeup on clients. I love this product because it does have multiple uses (eyes, lips over lipstick and cheeks), but I really went for this because of the color. It is flattering on a number of skin tones from fair to medium-dark. I use it mostly as a highlighter on myself , applying it under each eye and sweeping it out softly across the tops of my cheekbones. Then blend in, and it is just gorgeous. I did a wedding yesterday and the bride and her maids looked positively radiant.....not glittery or shimmery, just luminous. In Canada, this costs $48.00 but the tube is huge (wide) and a little goes a very long way. Definitely keeping this in my arsenal of must have products. It makes girls feel pretty because it is pretty on any skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by winter100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the most perfect natural highlight imaginable on my super pale skin. I love that it gives this wonderful understated sheen instead of that disco glitter or oily teasture most highlighters give. I also like wearing this as a wash on my eyelids with just some super black mascara. You can also use it to highlight down the center of the nose and even on oily skin it doesn't budge. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by fiafiafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the orgasm multiple for a while, and loved the cream-to-powder formula, so I decided to try the highlighters in the range. A MUA working at Nars recommended I try Luxor instead of Copacabbana, and I'm so glad I listened! I'm uber-fair, and the pink/lilac tinge works perfectly with my skin tone, not to mention this requires hardly any blending, because it leaves such a natural glow! I just blend the edges, and it looks like my skin is glowing, not like I just swiped a stripe of luxor on my cheekbone. It has fairly good staying power, and the highlight is very natural. When I eventually finish it, I'll buy another!