October 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Shady Violets

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a purple eyeshadow fiend, so when I looked at Everyday Minerals's eyeshadows, this went right into my cart. I like it a lot, but it didn't get 5 stars because I do find it to be too pink/red based for a real purple color. More like a dark pink, if you ask me. But maybe that's just the way it appears on my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

I really like the description given by the previous reviewer about violets in the dark forest....they should use that imagery to sell this product! If you have experience with many Everyday Minerals eyeshadows, I'd warn that this is very similar to 'Net Surfing', so much that unless you are a die hard purple fan you probably could pick just one or the other and not be missing anything. It is a pretty potent purple though, very striking both in the jar and when applied, it is a warmer pink/red toned purple rather than a blue based purple with a nice sheen to it. Just because I have so many purples and do have the really similar 'Net Surfing' I wouldnt buy another of this color - although I do like the name a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I gave this item only four lippies because although it is a gorgeous shade, it's a bit too dark for light-complected me :-( The EDM Web site describes it as a "brilliant violet infused with shimmer," and that's pretty accurate. It's a beautiful, rich, pigmented deep violet -- hence "shady" in the name -- like you would find violets to be deep in the woods on a moonlit night. I found that foiling it actually lightened up the shade by bringing out the subtle pink sheen embedded within, which made it more wearable for me. This would make a gorgeous liner as well as smokey eye.
Where did I buy this: EDM Web site.
Price: $2.50 for a generous 1/4-teaspoon sample.
Packaging: Screw-top sample pot with sifter cap.
Would I buy again: No, but only because it's a bit OTT for me. continued >>