October 25, 2014 | 968 users online

Eye Shadow - Yves Saint Laurent - Water Resistant Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

Absolutely fell in love with this colour,
and I love how pigmented this is!! It's a jelly more than a cream but it isn't sheer at all. it dries quickly. this is so much better than the kiko highlighters.. it's water resistant,, stays on. Looks like a taupe silver.. Great base colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by mplp11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK ladies this is a fabulous product. I just wrote a review for the Armani Eyes to Kill Intense hybid shadows and let me tell you they cannot be more different. The YSL shadow's shimmers/glitters stay in place on your lid. There is absolutely zero fall out. I really dislike when a company (hello Armani) makes the claim that there shadows will not budge and then you look in the mirror and realize your head should be a disco ball hovering in a club!!! I purchased YSL #5 golden sand and it is stunning. It stays all day without creasing and will not come off if you touch your eyes. The glitter in the product sticks to the eyelid and will not move for the day!! The Armani annoyingly smudged if it was touched and the fall out of glitter throughout the day was unacceptable. Granted the Armani are a "hybid" between cream and powder product. I was not impressed. The YSL creams do set rather quickly and are best applied with your fingers. I would like to purchase another color but the color selection is very limited. Oh well... I will relish my golden sand for now!!! Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like the previous reviewer. I bought this in #5 glittery gold. Also, #3 a mossy golden green. I love these! I've never applied them without bobbi brown's cream shadow first. I use it as a base. I only apply these shadows to my eye lid. Never tried my crease. I apply with B/B cream eyeshadow brush. It's stay's on until I take it off. Can't say enough about these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought #5 and #3. #5 is a glittery light gold and #3 is a beautiful green with gold undertones. These are my first purchases from the YSL brand and I absolutely love these water resistant eyeshadows. They apply smoothly and can be worn alone or layered on top/under different eyeshadows. They have a wet texture to them unlike creme eyeshadows. I don't have oily lids so these stay put without any creasing whatsoever. I think applying #5 with the fingers gives the best results because it spaces out the glitters evenly and gives it a nice soft day time look. If you have dark brown eyes, I'd definitely recommend #3. It makes brown eyes pop to the point of where they look like chocolate velvet. The only thing I don't like is the price, they are beautiful but you have to use them quickly otherwise I think they have the potential to dry out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this at YSL today at Saks and just had to have it! I didn't have money with me so my best girlfriend picked it up for me (thanks doll!)- I chose the Amethyst Grey #2 color... it's a grey/lilac color that shimmers so beautifully... almost like a foiled look. One coat looks pretty, and as you let the layers dry and apply more, the color just intensifies to make it look deeper and more dramatic. $30 is woth it for this adorable little glass jar or awesomeness! The square shaped jar with the gold top is tres chic ;) I'm pale and blonde, so the cool color looks good on my skin, IMO. I have only tried applying it w/my fingers as a wash, alone with nothing underneath, and it looks perfect enough and stays where it should. No complaints whatsoever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Im really sad to be the only one breaking this fantastic score, but I have to say, Im really angry about this eyeshadow. It is so goddamn expensive, and until now, Ive only gotten crappy results with it. I wanted to buy it since long time, after trying the beautiful colors again and again on the back of my hand. When trying like this, I was extremely impressed how well the Eyeshadow settled on the skin and was absolutely smudgeproof. Now, I finally bought one, and Im incredibly disappointed. When I apply them to my bare eyelid, it doesnt dry properly, but gets really sticky in the fold of the skin on the upper lid, and it feels very nasty when the eyelids are sticking together all the time. At first, I thought I made mistakes when applying (maybe that the skin was greasy or I blinked to fast), so the second time I tried I really focused. But it didnt help, after two hours the sticky feeling was so annoying that I had to apply powdershadow over it, and that helped. But using it as a base is not the point with such an expensive product! Also, I found it hard to apply, it got all patchy and was hard to get an even-toned result, and Im not a beginner when it comes to applying eyemakup. After reading all the great reviews here, I decided to give it one last try tomorrow, and to use an eyeshadow primer underneath, like some of the previous reviewers have done. If that doesnt help, Ill bring it back to the store. EDIT: So, Ive tried it yesterday evening on one eye with Urban Decays Primer in Sin underneath, and on the other eye with Bobbi Browns Creamshadow in Bone. On the side where I layered it over Urban Decays Primer it still felt yucky-sticky, and the feeling lasted the rest of the evening. On the side with the Bobbi Brown Creamshadow, which really delivers a very dry, smooth surface, the sticky feeling disappeared within 10Minutes and then it was fine. So, obviously I could use the YSL Shadow with a base of the cream shadow by Bobbi Brown. Still - that is a BIG lot of fuss for such an expensive eyeshadow. Im still thinking about taking it back to the store, and probably I will. Annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was not a total shock for me when I read that this particular product was named as Best Splurge in Allure magazine's "Best of Beauty" (October 2009 issue). YSL described this as a cream eyeshadow in an infinitely lightweight texture, providing a delightful feeling of freshness when applied; - providing the eyelids with a long-lasting, luminous and waterproof veil of colour. And let me tell you, every word in that description fits this product perfectly.

I am not fond of splattering cream eye shadows on my lids. I find that most of my cream eye shadows when used alone tend to crease like crazy. Yes, I love using them as bases but I want a cream shadow that is pretty when worn alone but does double duty as a base for powder shadows too. I really had no intentions of getting one, but when I saw this gorgeous color, I just knew I had to have it.

The shadow that I have is #2 Amethyst Grey. This is such a gorgeous versatile color. It's a silver gray color with lilac undertones. This is one of those shadows that can go from day to night! I can make it appear as a sheer faint sheen during the day or build it up to an opaque solid gunmetal grey for a more suitable night look. This cream shadow genuinely stood by its name. It is truly creaseless and it last all day. Everything about it really impressed me; - from the luxurious packaging, the satiny feel and the metallic finish to its undeniably long staying power (more than 12 hours). Application is also a breeze. I just apply this with my (clean) fingers and it blends easily. The smooth mousse like gel texture sets to a powdery-satin finish that even my oily lids couldn't slide off. The color set in no time at all and again, you can totally layer it for a softer or deeper vibe. It is also highly pigmented that I only need a tiny amount of color to cover my lids. This pot will surely last me a long time to finish. It also works great as a liner. This is my new Holy Grail cream shadow (as of now). :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by monikermujunkie

When I saw this eyeshadow I thought yeah right, this is water resistant? So I purchased the #3 Golden Fern which is like a shimmery mossy golden green color (very pretty). I did put Laura Mercier Eye Basics first before applying this on, the consistency is a like a liquidy mousse like gel that feels nice upon application and dries quickly. I'm actually impressed, it has really good staying power...it did not budge, crease or fade all day. It's also highly pigmented and blends easily. I would definitely repurchase again. Maybe I"ll purchase the Copper Brown. Great for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by catpower9

I have this in shade #2 Amethyst Gray. This is a unusual beautiful color. Sometimes it looks silver gray, lavender or a soft putty color on my pale porcelain skin with slight rosy tones. I can use it very sheer pile it on for more of a metallic effect.I use this during the day lightly for a pale gray look or use at night heavier for more drama. I will buy again. I think this is better suited for cool coloring with pale skin. On darker skin this might not show up that well or look too ashy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swatched this several times in several stores and fell in love with Pink Sand, which is a champagne neutral seashell color. It's different from a lot of my other cream shadows in that it's not shimmery or matte, rather it's glowy and slightly pearly. I have not tried this without UDPP but I do know that unlike every other shadow I've worn, this does not budge, even on the inner corner near my tearduct. Hours and hours pass and it doesn't move. The texture of this is superrich and creamy, and I can truly say this is absolutely foolproof. I cannot wait for more shades to come out. I'd love to see this in a golden nude color. The little brush it comes with is great for scooping product out without using your fingers, however, the consistency of this would have warranted different packaging, say, a tube, so that it'd last longer/not lose quality over time, which I can see happening. NC35-37 MMM.

This is not my photo - I found this on the interweb: