August 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Moisturizers - Make Up For Ever - Elixir

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

I have dry skin with dry ares that look patchy after applying foundation. I thought this product would be ideal for me. I never tried to substitute my moisturiser by this elexir, I simply used it as an addition. Unfortunatelly it did nothing for me. For the price (aprox. 30euros) I expexted something that actually works and it doesn't!
1. It smells like soap
2. Doesn't obsorb easily
3. Does nothing whatsoever to my make up appearance
4. No help with my dry patches
The only good thing is that it doesn't harm me in any way and makes the skin feel smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MelindaMG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing for preventing dry patches that flake your foundation. My skin is normal to dry but in the winter my face gets more dry and looked awful no matter what makeup/primer combo I tried. This is a miracle for me and I stock up during sephora sales.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fifth bottle, I would say it works for me - I got oily skin and it make my skin looks fresh and makeup stays and looks fresh. i use it as a day cream after cleansing and before primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this product when I was visiting Sephora, my old workplace. A consultant gave it to me, saying it would boost my moisture by 200% or something crazy like that.

I put it on at 10 am this morning, and by 7pm, my forehead was extremely broken out and my whole face was oily. I usually do not have oily skin. I was really disappointed in this, and now I'm not looking forward to a week of trying to get rid of my acne flare-up. Really glad I didn't buy this product because it really isn't great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Preface: I haven't purchased this. I was given a very generous sample when I asked to try the HD foundation. When the SA asked if I wanted to try this as well (she called it a primer, though I think that's a little misleading) I didn't know what it was, so I asked her about it. She said it was a serum-type product to apply after skincare but before makeup, and that it increases moisture retention as well as preps and brightens the skin. I have oily skin so I was hesitant, but I took it anyway because it never hurts to try something new.

First Impression: This is a very watery product, but that's not a bad thing (unless you're trying to get it out of a sample jar...). When I first tried it I really liked how smooth it glided onto my skin and how quickly it seemed to absorb. Now I have pretty good, albeit moderately sensitive, skin--minor redness is my only real problem--so I wasn't expecting anything special. But this really did nothing visually apparent to my skin. It looked and felt exactly the same as it did before the elixir.

Wear: I've used this a number of times under different foundations (Mat Velvet, HD, Nars Sheer Glow) and it's performed the same with all of them. Application, absorption, no noticeable effects. Two hours later, greaseball city. It's unfortunate because the elixir really does soften my skin and provide a very smooth surface for blending any type of foundation (which I can get with any primer, so that's nothing particularly special), but I don't know what it is about this that sends my skin into oil overdrive :-/

Final Judgment: Like I said, this doesn't really do *anything* for my skin, but that doesn't mean it's a bad product. I see a lot of other ladies commenting on the benefits, and I can see how this would be lovely for dry or mature skin. The one thing I can say is that I've applied this to my hand, as well, just to test it out, and I can definitely feel the difference there. It's very soft and smooth and delicate feeling as compared to the rest of my hand. So I can definitely see how this would work amazingly well on normal to dry skin (particularly during the dehydrating winter weather). But as a 22 year old with oily skin, it's just not something I need.

My overall rating of 3 lippies reflects on my overall impressions of the product, not simply how it worked on my skin. I think the product is a good concept and that it will probably be lovely for some ladies out there who need that moisture retention that the Elixir provides, but considering that it's really not a miracle product, not to mention that it's nearly $40 for less than half an ounce...this is only an average product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this elixir hydrates my skin PERFECTLY well, especially on the eye area

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It works well under my primer. It is lighter than any moisturizer as far as greasiness is concerned. I usually wear it only on special occassions -since it is quite expensive. I think it is a good solution for someone who hates oily or heavy moisturisers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for free as a gift and was really excited to try it out. Unfortunately, I didn't see or feel *any* difference to my skin. I have normal skin, sometimes a little dry. I don't know - I was just expecting more for the price. I ended up swapping mines away. Only reason why I gave it 2 stars is because there was no negative side effects - but there was no positive ones either. Bummer :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by JX0512

When I purchased the MUFE HD foundation, I was given a sample of the Elixir. It is a clear serum, with a liquid gel consistency. Very light, and absorbed easily.

Unfortunately, at the time, I had combination oily skin. I applied the product, allowed it to absorb, then proceeded with my makeup routine. The Elixir had no visible results on my skin, wether with the HD primer or alone. I also would like to mention that it had no negative effects. Did not break me out, or cause other skin concerns. It was as if I had not applied it at all.

In my opinion, this product would be good for those with slightly dry skin, or mixed into foundation to give more slip.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kutoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybe you really need to have dryer skin or skin with lines to actually see this product work. I have average skin and don't see a difference putting on this product than putting on my regular moisturizer. And the biggest drawback is this product stinks! It smells like something that has aged and expired. The SA at Sephora told me because it has no fragrance which is good but... I really cannot stand it so it's just standing on my shelf collecting dust. Quite disappointing. :*(