September 2, 2014 | 1020 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Aquaresistant

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by minipeach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 6W which is a burgundy/brown sort of colour on sale from strawberrynet for $25 NZ. I really love it!

I've had it on in the rain, at the gym, and through tears with no smudging at all!

My eyelashes arenít amazing and it helps maintain a curl (even after Iíve removed it!) It gives just enough length and volume for the daytime and with extra layers looks so good! It separates my lashes so well!

The colour is very noticeable (definitely is if my boyfriend noticed without any hints!) and looks great with my brown hair (dyed). The only problem is, I canít seem to get the roots of my eyelashes (Iíve never really bothered to before) but looks a bit strange when the roots are black and the rest is coloured.

Plus- not sure if itís just some placebo effect but I feel like my eyelashes are actually slightly curled with more volume now!

I am looking in to buying the regular black version and possibly other colours from this range and won't mind paying full price if I need to.

I find it easy to remove as well - I hold the cotton pad with remover over it for a few seconds or so and then wipe!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Jmacca

Oh how I loved this mascara. It goes on so beautifully. It finds the little lashes that you never knew existed. It gives great volume. It's amazing... BUT... It smudges. I don't have oily lids at all, my shadow stays on strong all day, but for some reason this mascara leaves little black lines on my brow bone from where my eyelashes touch. It seems fine for most of the day but by the afternoon it looks like I've taken the express train to smudge town. I just don't get it, because when you try and take it off at the end of the day it stays on strong.
I just wish it wouldn't smudge. If you can figure out a way to avoid smudges, I suggest you buy this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by rskoczek

As a gal "blessed" with very fine & totally straight lashes I haveve tried everything from drugstore brands, through chanel, lancome etc. It always starts the same way: I use the eyelash curler, apply the mascara with excitement and boom, they go down after 5 second and it looks like I have no mscara on at all. This is the only mascara that makes the curl stay. Given that, I can add as much volume as I want. Please be aware that the mascara often confused with this one: The False Lash Effect doesn't have the same effect on fine, straight lashes for a simple reason: it is not waterproof and the curl goes down after 5 seconds. I have been using YSL Aquaresistant for 5 years now, wrote to YSL to tell them not to dare to discontinue it. Trust me, if you have poor lashes, with no curl and lenght, this is the mscara that is going to help you. Don't bother with other ones, even other YSL mascaras don't have the same effect. It also lasts for a long time! Sometimes I can keep it for 6 months (whereas most mascaras dry out after 1-2 months). The best mascara on earth. I would have given it 6 starts if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sh7

I have quite straight lashes that stay curled only with waterproof mascara, and I also have extremely sensitive eyes and get eye infections often. About three weeks ago, after recovering from my most recent case of pinkeye, I deemed that I should try an expensive, department store mascara thinking perhaps $$$ = quality? I bought the YSL Mascara Aquaresistant on a bit of an impulse. So far I really like it. It gives really good volume and a lot of drama, and separates my lashes quite well. It does get messy because there is so much product on the wand, but I think that is part of the reason why it is able to give so much volume, because it deposits a lot of product at once. Also, it holds a curl all day long, which I was pleasantly surprised about. No drooping at the end of the day. Comes off easily with an oil based remover, and keeps lashes feeling healthy. People have commented that it dries out very quickly, so I keep the opening covered with my thumb during application... lol. I'm hoping to use this right up til the expiry date of after 6 months, as it says on the tube (the little jar symbol with 6M), because I have paid an exorbitant price for this. Would purchase again if it does last for 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is good because it never gives me panda eyes - so it's great for humid/rainy days. It doesnt really lengthen and define my lashes, i find it a bit clump near the root of my lashes too. I picked purple or violet color so it's an alternative to my black mascara. It's really difficult to remove so i don't use it everyday. As for staying power, it's amazing, no smudges even after my swim in the sea :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I've only used this mascara twice so far, but so far I like it. It's not super great at lengthening or thickening lashes (though I'm using this after diorshow...which was wonderful at that...) but I have none of the smudging or flaking from diorshow, so I'd say I like it. I did remove a lippie though, since this mascara is really expensive...close to $30 for a tube after tax, which is really pricey for something that gets tossed after about 3 months. Right now, I would say that I would repruchase this, but I'll probably try a few other mascaras first before I decide whether or not to keep this as a staple. I do love the gold tube it comes in though...closes with a 'click' when you twist it shut
Edit: after 10 days...or more like 7 uses...this mascara has already started to dry out. would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mintychocs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally I'm too lazy to write reviews but I felt compelled to review Aquaresistant after going for an hour-long cycle the other day in some heavy rain and finding afterwards that my mascara hadn't smudged or run one bit! Admittedly my lashes had lost their curl a bit, although under normal conditions Aquaresistant is brilliant at holding a curl. The only slight criticism I have is that sometimes there seems to be too much product for the tube! As in after four or five uses, it starts to overflow a bit. But considering the gold tube looks so pretty in your makeup bag, I think it's a small price to pay! One other thing, this product seems to work best when it's a bit dry, so if you're having trouble with application, leave the cap only half screwed-on overnight and see if that helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ilostmychoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rubbish, left smudges behind my lashes at the end of the day grrr. I liked the black colour though as its much more intense then chanel or dior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I love this mascara. It is sadly not just a WP version of Faux Cils, but it still works well. I work part time as a lifeguard. Mascara is the only type of makeup I wear daily, but I really must wear it daily - even the days when I work. That is why I need a good WP! This is truly and reliably waterproof as I have swam with it on, I'm not sure if it is oil proof or not since I have really dry skin. Most WPs leave my bare lashes feeling gross if I use them too often (I now refuse to use any drugstore WP), but not this one, it has good conditioners in it. It lengthens and adds volume as well, and holds a curl; I have it in black which is a really rich dark black. The formula is really wet and takes a bit to dry. It flakes a bit more than what's acceptable to me (I hate flaking). It is a little pricey to only use a limited number of times. It also dries up really fast. Not worth repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ch3rrybl0ss0ms

This is the best mascara I've ever tried so far! It really makes my eyelashes look so moist. Definitely not clumpy, flaky and dry looking like any other brand. It also lengthens & voluminous my eyelashes. Well, the price is pretty expensive compared with drug stores mascara (e.g Maybelline) but this one is absolutely worth it!! I love its packaging - so glam & classy!!
I also look forward to try it with Shiseido Mascara Primer Base!! Faux lashes-look without faux lashes, here I come!!