August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I wish I could give this like 1.5/5 stars. Its not terrible to get a one but not good enough for a two. I use this as a base and top coat and my nails will look beautiful and shiny for one day. The next day the nailpolish peels right off. I dont want a manicure for one day! And I usually paint my nails at night so I get like 9pm on Monday to 9pm on Tuesday for one manicure. This is upsetting, wasted money. I know its a clear nail polish but at Target I went on MUA to see reviews and people liked this as a base and topper so i was like I trust NYC lets do it. But the beautiful perfect mani lasts 24 hours. Havent tried this with glitters but I bet it'd be easy to peel off glitter with this as a base and topper. Im not sure if its bad as a base or topper or just both. Im a penny pincher and tried to get this one dollar something for a clear and it just doesnt make me happy. I guess its better for it to peel off in one day then to chip because then I'd have to bust out my acetone. Wont repurchase, I prefer Sally Hansen even if its more expensive, but its cheaper at the Family Dollar Hollllaa

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Psychodrama

This is the second top-coat I've tried out since adding base coat/topcoat application into my polish routine. I picked this up on recommendation from Nouveau Cheap; at the price, there could be no ignoring the rec. Funnily, it doesn't call itself a top-coat, but it definitely works like one so don't let that deter you from using it that way.

I noticed my polish stayed on without chipping and much longer than the previous topcoat I tried out, the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-chip Topcoat. With that, my nail polish would peel itself off my fingers in clean sheets within a couple days. I didn't have that problem whatsoever with NYC Grand Central Station. With the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, my bottle also gooped up halfway through use, whereas NYC Grand Central Station didn't get thick until it was just a smidge from the bottom anyway.

I did experience some smearing of design sometimes that I remembered, but I think I hadn't let my color dry first before applying this. I think if you've worked hard on a design, maybe you should wait till your nail art is completely dry first to make sure this doesn't drag colors.

I'm trying out other top coats for a while to make sure there's nothing better out there, but it may be that this proves to best those also :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Bye bye Seche Vite. Dirt cheap, doesn't gloop up, shiny, dries FAST! I buy them in multiples when they are on sale. HG!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by vcarlo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes a great topcoat. It is very shiny and the best part: inexpensive. Dries fast, doesn't chip. I use it with SinfulColors and other Quick Dry polishes and I am very satisfied. Will definitely be purchasing again.

EDIT: I am halfway through my first bottle and it is kinda goopy. I hope it's just a bad batch, because I have a second one and it seems to be okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's not the best at anything but at $1.99 per bottle, does it need to be? It does what I need it to. If I'm in a hurry or want maximum shine I still reach for the Seche Vite, but NYC GCS is a great additional product to have on hand.

Pros:
- price
- you can find it anywhere
- doesn't need special thinner like SV does
- makes my manicures last (for me good wear time is 5 days no matter what combination of products I use, and this gives me 5 days!)
- Doesn't give you shrinkage like SV does
- Works with Zoya

Cons:
- not the shiniest
- is more vulnerable to scratches/dulling over the course of your manicure
- takes a bit longer to dry than the best quick dry top coats

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Anonymys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG topcoat. NYC's extra shiny top coat is my all time favorite but I just don't have time anymore to wait for it to dry. Their quick dry top coat dries as fast as my Essie Good to Go plus it's shinier. Helps my mani last and holds up okay at my very hands on job.

The down side is, as with many quick dry top coats, a good glitter polish eats it so you'll need more than one coat. I've also found that sometimes the formula gets inexplicably bubbly with certain polishes. I'm not sure what causes it but I make a note to use only my Essie GTG with those few and far between cases.

It's cheap, it dries fast, it's super shiny, and it holds up well. What more can I ask for?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I went on a hunt for this after hearing some wonderful things about it. It was sold out almost everywhere until I finally snagged a bottle at Target. For a second, I thought about buying 2 since I had had such a difficult time tracking it down but thought I better try it and make sure I like it first. Glad I didn't buy a second bottle!

Definitely doesn't live up to the hopes I had for it after reading some reviews. It holds up for about a day and then causes nail polish to peel off in sheets, especially chunkier glitters.

It's fine if you tend to change your polish a lot, which I do. But it doesn't last long so if you want a mani that holds up for longer than a day or two, I would look elsewhere. I don't think I'll ever find the perfect top coat... it seems pretty much everything shrinks or peels or flakes. On with the search.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Beaner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great find!! And I thank all those that have used and reviewed! The GCS is a clear quick-dry polish that can double as a quick-drying top coat. I find that it has less shrinkage than SV, Out the Door and SH Insta-dri. To me, the drying time is about the same for all - I always let my nails dry before doing anything that would risk smudging. Usually I do them at lunch since I have a sit-down job with computer work. As for the shine, I'm not partial to the "my nails always look wet" polish. I prefer the soft shine after 2 or 3 days. The GCS is not as shiny as SV but more than Out the Door and SH. The leveling seems as good as SV if not better. And the price....the best part! This is my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second favorite top coat (after Butter London's, which is too expensive to repurchase). It dries quickly, is very glossy, and lasts well for me. I've gone through a couple bottles and always have an extra on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing. If you follow the Nail board, people have been using this as a quick dry top coat, even though it is simply a clear coat of nail polish. This performs better on me than any quick dry top coat I have tried, and I have tried them all. No shrinkage, smooth, does not thicken in the bottle and has a great glossy finish. It does not stay as shiny as Seche Vite, but dries quickly and has no shrinkage whatsoever. Highly recommend!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No