New York Color Grand Central Station clear nail polish

3.8

on 6/12/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Waiting for nail polish to dry is not my favorite thing to do. I always seem to mess up my nails when I donít use a fast dry formula. I figured I would be a slave to fast dry nail polishes until I came across this gem. I can use any brand/formula nail polish apply it, wait 1 Ė 2 minutes and apply this polish. It dries in one minute and Iím good to go. Total waiting time is 2 -3 minutes as opposed to 10 Ė 15 minutes. Iím definitely happy with this and I have repurchased.

on 6/5/2015 5:40:00 PM

I think I like it better than Seche Vite. I pretty much only use quick dry topcoats to dry my colored polish quickly rather than to extend the life of my manicure. This applies well and dries about as quickly as Seche or Out the Door. Not quite as shiny as Seche, but it's also a lot cheaper and not as goopy, so that's a plus. My manicures always chip after a day or two, and the only thing that makes them last even the slightest bit longer is Orly Bonder base coat, so for me top coats really don't do much in terms of extending the life of my polish.

on 3/5/2015 8:03:00 PM

This product taught me a very important lesson. Don't buy the cheapest topcoat at Wal-Mart. This is the cheapest; it cost something like $1.84 when I bought it, and it definitely has bargain-basement performance. The good parts are that this brushes on easily, dries quickly and provides great shine. The bad part is that when I wear this polish literally peels off my nails. A whole nail's worth of polish comes off in one piece. I have also had my polish slide off in the shower (again, a whole nail's worth comes off cleanly in one piece). Do yourself a favor and invest a couple more dollars in a better topcoat.

I bought this clear nail polish because I read on G's NouveauCheap beauty blog that it is her holy grail product. I tried it several times as either a top coat or base coat and it never helped to keep the nail color last long. It's like using glue on your nails. In a day or two the nail color just peels off like glue on our nails or skin. I'm just glad I got it for like .69cents instead of the full price. I don't think it's worth the praise or hype. I am tossing this thing in the trash. Total waste of time.

on 1/29/2015 1:18:00 PM

Just wondering who named this product?...Grand Central isn't a station, it's a terminal. Grand Central Terminal. Just sayin:)

on 1/29/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG topcoat!! Love it!! Got this at Wal-mart for $1.99. I love the whole in a ny minute line!!

on 10/21/2014 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This polish and I have a love-hate relationship with. It works amazingly on my pedicures. I put like 2-3 coats on my pedi and it lasted for almost a month. The problem normally comes with my manicures. I will put 1-3 coats on my manis, and no matter how many coats I do, it peels off the next day or 2 days after that. It's sad because I really did/do like this nail polish, just not for my manicures.

on 7/9/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I wish I could give this like 1.5/5 stars. Its not terrible to get a one but not good enough for a two. I use this as a base and top coat and my nails will look beautiful and shiny for one day. The next day the nailpolish peels right off. I dont want a manicure for one day! And I usually paint my nails at night so I get like 9pm on Monday to 9pm on Tuesday for one manicure. This is upsetting, wasted money. I know its a clear nail polish but at Target I went on MUA to see reviews and people liked this as a base and topper so i was like I trust NYC lets do it. But the beautiful perfect mani lasts 24 hours. Havent tried this with glitters but I bet it'd be easy to peel off glitter with this as a base and topper. Im not sure if its bad as a base or topper or just both. Im a penny pincher and tried to get this one dollar something for a clear and it just doesnt make me happy. I guess its better for it to peel off in one day then to chip because then I'd have to bust out my acetone. Wont repurchase, I prefer Sally Hansen even if its more expensive, but its cheaper at the Family Dollar Hollllaa

on 6/20/2014 12:40:00 PM

This is the second top-coat I've tried out since adding base coat/topcoat application into my polish routine. I picked this up on recommendation from Nouveau Cheap; at the price, there could be no ignoring the rec. Funnily, it doesn't call itself a top-coat, but it definitely works like one so don't let that deter you from using it that way.

I noticed my polish stayed on without chipping and much longer than the previous topcoat I tried out, the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-chip Topcoat. With that, my nail polish would peel itself off my fingers in clean sheets within a couple days. I didn't have that problem whatsoever with NYC Grand Central Station. With the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, my bottle also gooped up halfway through use, whereas NYC Grand Central Station didn't get thick until it was just a smidge from the bottom anyway.

I did experience some smearing of design sometimes that I remembered, but I think I hadn't let my color dry first before applying this. I think if you've worked hard on a design, maybe you should wait till your nail art is completely dry first to make sure this doesn't drag colors.

I'm trying out other top coats for a while to make sure there's nothing better out there, but it may be that this proves to best those also :)

on 5/5/2014 11:19:00 AM

Bye bye Seche Vite. Dirt cheap, doesn't gloop up, shiny, dries FAST! I buy them in multiples when they are on sale. HG!

Popular Polishes