April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very user friendly pink color. Cheap and flattering!!!
highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

A truly beautiful color. I have a weakness for mauve shades. I have at least 15 mauve colored lipsticks. I just think they look so glamorous and pulled together, I can't help it. Anyways, when I saw this at my local dollar store I grabbed it immediately.

The packaging on this sucks. It sticks and is difficult to open without clipping the lipstick with the top. I hate the package. I'm considering melting the lipstick out and putting it in a pan, that's how much I hate it.

The lipstick itself however is wonderful. It's a glossy SLIGHTLY pearly rose/mauve color. It's somewhat sheer. The color is marvelous. If you like mauve or rose lipsticks, this will not disappoint. Like with many L.A. colors products, I'm in awe of the quality for the price. This lipstick is incredibly moisturizing and has decent staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

let me start by saying that I am not a huge lipstick owner or buyer. i have never been a fan of most lipsticks since i suffer for year round dry chapped lips no matter what balm, chapstick, conditioner i use so most lipsticks always end up looking horrible, cracked mess or theyre awful in texture & tear up my lips even more. but i looked at these $1 lipsticks & thought, ill just give it a try since its $1 & i could always leave it sit there w/out regretting a $5 purchase. sooo who wouldve thought id finally find a lipstick that works for $1
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- these LA Colors Lipsticks can be found depending on your location at various Dollar Trees, Family Dollar, Dollar General stores as well as online. These will cost $1-2 most so they are super duper cheap! but dont let that price fool you!
SHADE/FORMULA- Dusty Rose is a gorgeous everyday wearable color. Lipsticks shades will vary depending on your natural lip color but this shade for me is my lip color but a tad darker w/ a nice sheen satin finish.Its a darken coral dusty rose just like the name states. Nothing too shimmery which is generally the reason im turned off my lipsticks but this is natural on the lips. i dont find it to be too drying more on the moisturizing side. These have a slight vanilla/cake batter scent to them which i love! Dusty Rose could be worn with any eye look. esp looks nice with a simple eye but i can wear it daily if i wanted. when i dont know what to wear- i grab this. they have a few different shades in this $1 line but i find this is the most universally flattering shades. Its dark enough that its not nude but not too dark where its scary for beginner lipstick users like myself. Great lipstick shade! gorgeous for fall winter but ive worn it year round. how i use this- I always moisturize my lips prior to makeup. then when im ready for lips, i take this & TAP onto lips all over i then take my finger or brush & spread it around, then i will dab off excess with kleenex, if i want it to stay forever, i will repeat & blot, then i always top with my chapstick since i dont like gloss (yea i know sorry thats another adventure im starting) But i find this method works for my dry lips & it almost looks like a stain. it stays put for a few hours which is great!!! Lasting power= a few hours. most lipsticks will wear like this & it stays on just as long as my Revlon or Maybelline has. So def great!
PACKAGING- this may be the only downfall. The lipstick comes in a typical lipstick tube. but since its a cheaper lipstick, this is plastic snap shut l/s. the plastic isnt thick so it may crack/break if you are tugging it around everywhere. i dont carry my l/s so mine hasnt broke. there is a clear plastic top w/ a silver metallic tube w/ black bottom where the shade name/logo sticker is on the bottom. the logo is also in black on the silver tube. its not the sturdiest or prettiest but i find it keeps my lipstick intact. The lipstick twist up easily and goes back down easily. be careful not to twist up real far & break the stick when applying. just twist up what you need. Its not the best packaging but for $1 its fine. nothing to complain about.
Overall, thanks to DUSTY ROSE, i have realized that lipsticks can make my lips look defined and pretty. I always get compliments when i wear this, people say wow your lips look good! i always use this & have so much lipstick left but if i ever get thru it, hey i can go get me another one for $1!! yea! highly suggest to those looking for an everyday easy simple lipstick. your lips but better! it has a satin finish. any gloss would love AMAZING on this! i have added my pictures to this review!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MimiLovesHim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is very moisturizing! The packaging could be better... The color is gorgeous on me, it's a very pretty mauve color. This is my HG lipstick! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by geniebelle6901

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG l/s! It's a very pigmented beautiful shimmery mauve-pink shade. It has great coverage, but feels almost sheer. It's very moisturizing and leave my lips feeling soft. It also doesn't have an overpowering smell. It's only $1 and can be found at most dollar stores. I have been using L.A. Colors l/s for long time, and I will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by samhoney

I love this lipstick. Most rose lipsticks end up looking orange on me, but not this one. The color is a metallic mid tone mauve with a beautiful sheen, NOT shine. It's moisturizing on my lips, does not bleed even with no liner and lasts quite a while. I've gone 3-4 hours without it disappearing or coming off. I bought this lipstick at Dollar General for a whopping $1!!

The only thing that forced me to take off one lippie is the packaging. By packaging, I'm referring to the lipstick remaining attached to the tube. Everyone of my L.A. Colors lipsticks has either come a bit loose or fully separated from the tube. But for the quality and the price, I can live with that!!! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

An excellent mid-tone mauvy rose. Good texture, long wearability, price cannot be beaten. Found this at Family Dollar. Makes lips look full, doesn't feel waxy or too creamy/goopy.

Update: Gets a bit too 'frosty' looking and turns more blueish after worn for a while.