September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - Creme for Style

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is fine, color treated, bottom of the shoulder blade length, healthy, normal (as far as oiliness or dryness goes) and I have lots of it. Other than a leave in cream conditioner I don't use cream styling products regularly because it can weigh my hair down and pull out my natural wave. But despite being marketed towards medium-thick hair types this works so well for me. It adds softness and a lot of sleekness and shine. It's one the the only cream products I've tried that adds some volume too without feeling unnaturally thickened or hardened at the root area.

I use about a quarter sized blob and rub my hands together then distribute throughout damp hair after my leave-in conditioner, then comb through. I give it an easy blowdry and it gives it a straightened, blow-out effect without any flyaways. Adds a little memory and makes it looks really healthy. It reminds me of B&B Grooming Creme as far as the lightness of texture goes but this adds volume and feels more like a styling product than a finishing cream like the B&B does. The consistency is lighter and less runny than the B&B, and doesn't feel tacky or sticky. No residue or build up at all, and actually it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything when I run my fingers through my hair. I use a dab of it here and there throughout the day sometimes for extra tameness of hold, and because I'm addicted to the scent.

The fragrance is faint and pretty and fresh. It's only noticeable in the tube and when first applying, otherwise my hair just smells clean after using it. I like the tube packaging as well. It's my favorite of the Oribe products I've tried so far and easily one of my HG hair products. It makes a big difference in how my hair looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by LilyLoves

I was looking for a product to replace an old favourite, redken speed control styling cream, which has been discontinued for a few years now. This product is expensive but gives nice results. I heat style my hair a lot. This left my hair touchable, soft, held my heat styled curls somewhat (but not perfectly like the way the redken product used to), and left my hair smelling great. My wallet can take the dent for this product, until I can find a perfect replacement for the redken product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with MaryEllen's review. This stuff is great! I was also particularly looking for a styling cream that could volumize my hair and this product does it well! Not only that, it enhances the shine and brings out my hair color better than any other products I've used before. I'd buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rosie99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this stuff. My hair is really dry, frizzy and highlighted. This stuff made my hair stiff , crunchy and more dry, if thats possible. I thought maybe I had just used too much, so when I used it the next time I only used a teeny amount. Still made my hair sticky and dry. I know its gotten good reviews but it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally don't write reviews after using a product once, but I feel compelled to write about this one. I've been looking for a styling cream for some time and wasn't really thrilled with Bumble & Bumble's, so I decided to go for this one. Wow. This is a thick, white cream that almost feels like a wax when you work it between your hands and into your hair. I think I applied a bit too much, but it didn't matter (!). My hair was so easy to blow-dry, had weight but still had volume that lasted and lasted (this is what I'd been looking for in particular--something that volumizes but adds a bit of weight to enhance my style), styled perfectly (and was easily combable without losing the style), and was flyaway-free. It also brought out my color to a degree that amazed me, added shine, had bounce and movement, and still looked good after sleeping on it. And all this with no tackiness, crunchiness, oiliness, or stickiness--I can easily run my fingers through my hair. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it doesn't linger when the hair is dry. Needless to say, I'm impressed. It costs a small fortune and the sleek black tube is a bit hard to squeeze, but those are minor flaws. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and this is one of those times. I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Suil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy (curly underneath), dry, uncolored hair that I air dry. An SA recommended this to control frizz and add moisture. Tried this a few times and noticed no difference from applying no product to using this. May have even made frizz worse. Zero hold and no moisture. The hype didn't pan out for me, am liking the gel serum much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Creme for Style would be a fantastic product for those with short or straight hair to use as its own ....... I have long, thick, and wavy hair and tried using the Creme for Style to enhance my waves, and while it did this, I wanted a bit more wave and hold to my hair ......... I ended mixing Creme for Style (which does give your hair hold) and mixed with a dollop of Oribe's Creme for Definition (excellent for waves/curls) and my hair came out nice (although my hair came out nice, it costs alot of money to have to purchase both items, and I am looking for hopefully a cheaper alternative)......... many other products give me the same look, however, the difference with Oribe's products, is that yes, I get the same look, however, I also get amazing shine, softness, and better managability ........ while Oribe is expensive, I find that I can eliminate some of the other products that I normally need (defrizzer, shine serum, etc.) since Oribe does all of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Over the years, much, much cash has been dropped on the quest for the perfect blow-dry creme. Quest is over. Oribe Style Creme kicks everyones a$$. Better then Kiehls, Alterna, and Kerastase straightening cremes, it smooths but you can still jeep all your volume. Smells delcious, does not dry hair, leaves it so silky I can barely stop touching it. This works on wet or dry hair too. This is $29, might be the cheapest thing in the whole line, if your looking for something a bit cheaper Satinwear from Redken is good as well. This leaves me hair silkier though.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by spicegirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must start by saying, that I've never used styling products. I hated the way they feel and weigh my hair down. After splurging on my post-pregnancy lift-my-spirits-up haircut, which I LOVED everything about - I asked my hairdresser about the products she used (i LOVED the smell). She got really excited telling me about this new line they carry and she said they're all perfect and she recommended especially the Creme for Style. I bought this and the Volumista spray.
I was a little hesitant to use it, but it's amazing. I'm not that good at styling my hair, but this creme makes it so easy and it's so light! And the smell...mmmm.... even washing my hair 2 days later I enjoy it in the shower.
I highly recommend it! I use it every time I wash my hair, so every other day and I've had it for 5 months now and I don't think I'm half way through it yet. So it's not that expensive after all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite salon started carrying the full line of Oribe products over the summer and I have been working my way through all of them. A couple of notes - Oribe's products are formulated without parabens ( great!) and the packaging is made from recycled materials (also great!).
But I really love Oribe because of how effective and luxurious his products are and also for the SCENT. Wow. It's a special fragrance formulated just for him and it is so beautiful. Using the shampoos and conditioners is a luxurious experience and my hair smells incredible all day.
As for Creme for Style, this is my favorite "does-it-all" styling product from the Oribe line. It gives amazing shine and soft hold for styling but doesn't weigh my medium fine hair down. I use it almost every day.
I think Oribe is a very talented stylist, but I also think he's a bit crazy. Well, this line of products shows that he's a mad genius because I am in love with every product I've tried so far. The products are expensive, but I have had my Creme for Style for about 4 months now and still have close to half of it left. A little goes a looooong way. continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No