September 1, 2014 | 1928 users online

Cleansers - Bourjois - Express Cleansing Wipes

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this at a discounted price of SGD $7 instead of the usual $9. I'm very surprised not much people did a review on this! I was previously using Biore's cleansing wipes to remove my makeup.

Pros:
+ Cheap / affordable. Biore's makeup removers cost SGD$15-17, so this is way cheaper in my country.
+ Nice fruity / floral scent in my opinion.
+ Lives up to its claims --> removes makeup in 60 seconds without rubbing and irritating the skin!

**I don't have sensitive skin, but previously when using Biore's cleansing wipes, my skin felt tingly after using it to remove my makeup. This one doesn't.

+Created with new hypo-allergenic formula! In short fewer allergic reactions than other products. Need I say more?

Cons:
- Packaging: Comes in the form like when you pick up tissue from a tissue box, or from baby wipes. I don't think it's effective, because the air can get into the product and dry up the moisture from the wipes.

I would definitely re-purchase it again since considering that it's cheap and didn't break or irritate my skin when removing my makeup!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by babyd2000uk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought these while on offer and I have to say, they do remove all make-up incredibly well......however, there is a catch......
They are okay on the eyes, but left my face stinging. I continued to use them and found that after 3 weeks of use my skin was so dry. It was actually flaking and peeling, no matter how much I moisturized my skin it still peeled. I have now stopped using these wipes and my skin is slowly returning to normal.
I won't be buying them again, my daughter tried them too and stopped using them as her face stung. They are good removers but way too harsh and drying on your skin so beware........
I have normal/combination skin, they may be okay for very oily skins but anyone with normal/combination/dry skin be very cautious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by danai

Bourjois launched a line of makeup removers in my country including these recently, and because I'm quite a fan of the brand I thought I'd give them a try. Sadly, they don't work for me.
The problem I usually have with mu removing wipes is the fact that most make my eyes sting terribly. I've only found a couple of products that don't cause me any discomfort there. Now these ones, surprisingly, cause me the exact opposite: they're ok to use around my eyes, but they make the rest of my skin incredibly uncomfortable, to the point that I have to go rinse my face with water right after I've finished. I kind of saw it coming when I extracted the first wipe; it had this very strong smell which, though not unpleasant, felt like I was smelling pure alcohol or acetone. But that's nothing compared to the feeling I get when I use these; they really sting and burn. And once I'm done, my skin itches as if ants were crawling up on my cheeks. Very bad. I don't know if these are connected to the breakouts I've been having lately (my skin is breakout prone and literally anything could be the cause), but feeling my skin sizzle when I use these doesn't convince me they're not.
The good thing about them (provided your skin can tolerate them) is that they're wetter than most and quite effective. They do take mu off very well. Also they're nicely packaged and reasonably priced.
Overall I don't recommend these, especially if your skin is sensitive. I'm trying to use them up but after that I'm not going anywhere near them again.