Philosophy Divine Illumination

2.8

water/aqua/eau, glycerin, niacinamide, behenyl alcohol, di-ppg-3 myristyl ether adipate, hordeumdistichon (barley) extract, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, c13-16 isoparaffin, silica, dimethicone, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, phellodendron amurense bark extract, potassium cetyl phosphate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), nonapeptide-1, palmitoyl tripeptide-3, retinyl palmitate, rumex occidentalis extract, ascorbic acid, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, jojoba esters, coffea arabica (coffee) leaf extract, camellia sinensis leaf powder, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower oil, lavandula hybrida oil, thuja occidentalis leaf oil, geranium maculatum oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, dextran, c12-14 isoparaffin, c13-15 alkane, xanthan gum, disodium edta, tris (tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) citrate, geraniol, limonene, linalool, chlorphenesin, methylisothiazolone, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica (ci 77019)

on 10/7/2012 6:07:00 AM

I paid NZ$140 for this product, only to bin it. The tester in the store worked well on my hand (I waited a good day to check it didn't have any adverse effects), smelt pleasant (although medicinal), and the texture was lovely and smooth. My purchased product was beautifully packaged in a very special box but that's where my enthusiasm stopped. It smelt like wet clothes once applied to the skin; the texture was very thick - almost like honey - and, once dry, the product started to flake, much like an exfoliator. I followed all the instructions on the box, using the product exactly as directed. Unfortunately I disposed of my receipt so could not return the product to the store. I'm very, very disappointed in this product.

on 9/29/2010 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Feels really heavy,too heavy to wear anytime other than winter. Its like overpriced foot cream with glitter. Not even worth thinking about buying.

on 9/7/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this from a cp to cp swap from my great mua friend in the U.S. I like the packaging, very classy. But, I find the tub unpractical as each time I used it i have to use a spatula or scoop it with the end of a new and ofcourse, clean facial paper as i never touch any face product in a tub so as not to contaminate it. so, that being said it is not so handy to carry this cream around or when travelling. As for the cream itself, it is on the heavy side and quite tricky to apply, but, what I do is I I heat a little amount of the cream between my fingers and apply to my face, and it works just fine. I like the illuminating effect. it has fine shimmer that are not really noticeable unless you look very closely to the mirror. I don't know if it is just me or I get a new fresh product, but I really like the scent of it. I like it so much that I wished it also come with a body lotion the same scent. I did notice a very slight illumination to my tired skin after about a week of usage. nothing so dramatical, though. I am not sure to rebuy it because of the price 85.00USD. And, besides i have got a lot of other creams that I need to finish. Just glad am able to try it and feed my curiosity about it. UPDATE: the more and more I use this moisturizer the more and more I am liking it. gives me dewy soft skin, and I notice my skintone is more even and pores are less visible, skin feels silky soft. This is no doubt one of the best anti aging cream in the market. Would repurchase.

on 5/19/2010 2:49:00 PM

I can't believe all the bad reviews about this product...& I think this may me my first post? I had received this as a sample with my latest baby grace order and immediatly fell in love with it... Cautiously bought a jar hoping I would like it long term and I absolutly LOVE it... Yes, it has a medicinal smell but, the results are fabulous on me.. Big change in my overall texture - glow in my skin from the moment I put it on. Been using this for over a month now and can honestly say it the best moisturizer I have ever used... I 'do' use a Virgin Olive Oil mixture on my entire body after my shower - including light pats to my face but, this tops it off - Blush - Mascara - Lipgloss and I am out the door... Have received many compliments on my glowing skin with this product... Will definitly be re-ordering...

on 1/11/2010 12:57:00 PM

I am not finding this product to be worth the crazy price tag. It's a heavy moisturizer, so I guess I can use it in the winter, but I could never use this the rest of the year. I am definitely not a fan of the glitter. It's not huge flecks of glitter, but I don't want glitter all over my face. It has a very thick texture. The fragrance is noticeable, but it's ok. But I really see no noticeable results from this. I can buy a moisturizer that just moisturizes for far less money. I would never repurchase this.

on 12/13/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer is strictly just "okay." It's a little on the heavy side, so you have to emulsify it in your fingers before patting it on your face or you'll end up using a ton of it trying to get your entire face covered. It does moisturize, and because of the little gold flecks throughout, it gives some "illumination," but I haven't noticed any major firming (which was what the SA promised) or increase in clarity, and I've been using it for about a month. At $85, the price is ludicrous for the lack of results this stuff delivers.

Overall, it isn't bad enough to return, but not good enough to repurchase. The search for a HG moisturizer will continue...

on 12/10/2009 9:24:00 PM

I hated this stuff. My skin got really dry using it as a daily moisturizer. It was noticeably dryer and I actually got comments from people. I returned it to Sephora.

on 10/27/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So far I like the smell, the texture, the subtle illuminating specks, and the all-in-one idea but it's too soon to tell whether it is fading dark spots or firming my skin. I'll have to report back after a few months of use. It also provides great hydration for me with out feeling too heavy.