October 26, 2014 | 1593 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Cream in Promise

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I look at this blush I think lolly dolly candy cotton pink - this is the most gorgeous bright looking cool toned pink, on my NC 15, yellow under toned skin this is a true blue pink...applied subtly it gives a very soft flushed looking glow of having just come in from the cold. It's an easy cream blush to build up if you want a more cotton candy pop on your cheeks. This blush layers and blends so nicely into the skin - doesn't "ball" up like some cream products tend to when applied over foundation or powder products.

I have found the best and easiest way to apply this is with my fingers, the Illamasqua cream blushes are really creamy and stay smooth so very easy to apply and work with. I find a couple of layers of this for a more "blushy" look stays put on my skin all day. Looks pretty with a high light applied over the top with a subtle hand too. Iv'e been pairing this with Mac Soft and Gentle or Guerlain Teint Rose Meteorites and loving the glowy healthy flushed look this gives to my skin.

I also have this in Rude (love it) and would be tempted to go back for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Moniccabella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

😍😍😍😍😍

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by SoniaBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush! Promise is the most gorgeous colour on my fair yellow toned skin (nc15 in mac). It is a pretty dolly pink which leaves you with a lovely glow to the cheeks once applied. I use an angled blush brush from cosmopolitan to apply and a tiny bit goes a long way. I could see it lasting a really long time even with daily use. I think the only downfall would be the price, I bought it in the sale and took advantage of the extra 10% off which they were offering on the illamasqua website, making the blush £6.75 (fabulous bargain!) but full price it is £18 which is quite a lot of money in my opinion but as I said it will really last you and both the colour and finish of this are perfect in my opinion. If I could only keep one if my many (too many) blushes it would be this one :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

Love this blush. I'm an nc30 but I've been looking for a pale pink blush because warm tones tend to look more orange on my complexion and I needed something to just give my skin a little color without looking obvious that I'm wearing blush. Although its pale and more suited to fair complexions, I find this still shows up on me. I also have oily skin, this is moisturizing but I'm impressed with the staying power. It is more moisturizing than nars cream blushes but not as emollient as Mac cream blushes. I do set this with a setting powder as I do with my foundation and it lasts a long time for a cream blush. The only I don't like is illamasqua's bulky packaging. I find it also a bit hard to open the compact and I wish there was a mirror like nars packaging. Other than that, I think this is a fantastic product that if I ran out, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Lucy_192

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this cream blush. I have only ever used MAC cream blushes, which I do like, but this is truly amazing for color, blendability, and staying power. Promise is exactly how it is described, a petal pink. It can be bright and bold, but also add a light flush of beautiful pink. It will look amazing with a tan (in fact I'm going to use fake tan tonight just so I can use this with a tan), but it also looks great with my pale, freckly skin. I just ordered another of their cream blushes in "Rude" and I can't wait for it to arrive. BUY THIS NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very pretty bright blue-based pink in the pan, this blush can be applied lightly for a more natural glowy pink look. It reminds me of a nice winter flush that you would get after being outdoors in the cold.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I patted this pink blush on my "apples" I thought it was going to be a neon/candy pink, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's sheer enough to look natural, like you've just come inside from a brisk, windy late autumn day. I have both cream and powder blushers in this cool pink tones but I find myself reaching for this one most of the time. It' s very expensive but a little goes a long way. Good quality and fades less than most cream blushes I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Hands down this is the best creme blush I've tried. The consistency is light as air with a nice "slip" which makes it more easily blendable than MAC creme blushes. In younger days, I only wore powder blush, but the last few years since entering my 40's my combination skin looks more youthful and better hydrated in creamier formulas, although every other brand I've tried would tug and get blotchy especially over foundation or powder base. My issue has been getting them to blend well on my less than perfect complextion. This shade, "Promise" is simply gorgeous... just a dab of this soft, cool toned pink appears natural even on my fair skin. Another plus is that it has not caused any break outs or irritation despite the fact I often have allergic sensitivities. A bit pricey, but worth it, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Donnevita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite blush ever! I'm fairly pale and when I get flushed (from exercise or eyebrow waxing) my natural flushed colour is basically an exact match for Promise. I like that I can use this blush without any foundation and it sticks around. I also like that I can use this on my lips, although it is a bit drying on the lips but the colour is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG! Fair neutral skin here, perfect shade of light pink, looks extremely natural, decent lasting power, no break outs, creamy, pigmented, easy to apply and blend (have Bobbi Brown cream blush in Pale Pink which looks the same on me, but it's harder and waxier in texture than Illamasqua so I don't reach for it that much). Good amount for the price, and since it's very pigmented only a little is needed so it lasts a long time. Gave packaging a 4 because I would prefer if it was round instead of square.