July 25, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Silky-Finish Lipstick in Breathless

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

The actual product name is Silky-Finish Lipstick, and it does live up to that description. It goes on very evenly and has a glossy finish. To me, this is almost a dupe for Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, that same sheer but luscious berry color that suits a lot of skin tones. I like Benefit Breathless better because it's shimmery, but it's not tacky or glittery. It's more of a very pigmented gloss, and has the staying power of a gloss, which is to say, very little, and it does transfer like crazy to your coffee cup. If I had paid $5.00 for this I'd be very happy with this product, but it was $18.00. It's only 0.1 ounces, and both MAC lipsticks and lipglasses are 0.17 for $14.50. I know it's not a huge size difference, but I don't want to pay more for something I get less of and have to keep reapplying. To sum it up: the color is to die for, the pigmentation in great, the finish is beautiful, but I wouldn't buy this again because I expect more staying power from a lipstick at this price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color. I really enjoy the formulation since it looks like a lipgloss but with the color of a lipstick. I need to reapply every 2-3 hours since it is kind of like a gloss but the color is amazingly beautiful. I do wish it would last longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

I love the cute packaging on Benefit's lipsticks, and the texture of this is wonderful. A smooth, moisturizing balmy lipstick.

The base color of this is also really nice, a reddish plum, touch of purple. Very cool but not garish at all. Sheer but not frustratingly so, and very buildable.

The down side for me is the glitter - it's silver and it's noticeable, which is the kiss of death for me. I think it really takes away from the color too, it would be instant HG status if it were a creme.