August 22, 2014 | 2062 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal Rx Physicians Strength Concealer, Soft Green

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this to conceal redness around my nose and above my lips from broken caps. First off, green really does counter redness, and this stuff is definitely green. The formula is creamy and blends easily. The first time I used it I put only a few small dabs on but it appeared I had left a residue of bluish/green toothpaste in the shape of a mustache. I tried diluting a few drops into my regular foundation and then applying to the red areas. Still super green. Not attractive! I learned to apply only the smallest pinpoint sized dab directly to the red areas and gently blend out. Though I have heard layering concealer is a bad idea, I still can't get rid of the a green hue unless I top it off with some salmon colored concealer. This works and conceals redness very naturally. The Needle nosed tube packaging quite efficient and hygienic, and for about $9.00 this is budget friendly. For what it is worth Dermablend makes a similar product for twice the price with no discernable improvement to the PF formula (however it is a warmer green and might do better on warm toned skin than the PF). Though I like the product and use it daily, I won't be repurchasing because I would like to look for a color corrector that is slightly more sheer so the green is not quite so intense that I have to conceal my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I meant to put 4 stars! lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have been trying to find a good green corrector for my rosacea and found this. This stuff is crazy good. It's very thick and wears for hours. I applied it all over the red patches and they faded immediately and lasted well over 12 hours.
The only reason I tried this brand, which I am on the fence about for their shadows, was because it was on sale and I couldn't find anything else. I definitely will be repurchasing. I am cool - toned and this green is cool based and works great. I have tried a few other greens that didn't seem to work right. I think they are warm greens and that's what happened.
One thing with this product, less is more and blend lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Physicians Formula Green Conceal is a nice concealer for the price and accessibility. You can find this at any grocery store or Ulta for $10.00. The formula is creamy soft, blends nicely with buildable coverage that is easy to work with and spreads effortlessly. You can use your fingers or a brush. The tube squeezes out rapidly and a little goes a long way. You will be wise to barely touch the tube or you wind up with a large quarter size dollop when a drop is all you need. The color is more cool than warm. I have a warm undertone with yellows and wish they had a warmer green for faces like mine. This is precise for the cool toned skin hues; if you are warm you may not like it. Blue veined ladies will love this.

I have rosacea and require a concealer for areas on my face that are inflamed or ruddy. I want something that will be gentle to my skin as those of us in the red faced club need tranquil products that keep our faces looking beautiful. This primer definitely fills in pores, cracks, rough patches and smooth’s out any areas that need leveling. Yet, this does not cause acne or dry out my skin.

This is not my HG. I prefer Dermablend even though the price is twice as expensive, $20.00 for a tube even smaller. Dermablend is perfect for my warm toned skin. The shade of green is on the warm side. Physicians Formula is a blue based green that will truly help conceal those pale faced blue undertone faces. PF Green Conceal is a great product! I am trying to switch over to Physicians Green Conceal because this does not dry out my skin, does not cause acne and although the color is not perfect for me it feels like this product is extremely gentle to my skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by KimmyMadison

About my skin: combination to oily, sometimes dry from medications. Very very red with a lot of purpleish pigmentation. Semi acne prone and sensitive. This covers beautifully. I take a drop of it and put 4 dots from the side of my nose to the side of my hair line, stipple with my sigma f80, and then blend a lot. It's the thinnest but best amount of pigment layer ever. It lasts all day, has no smell, doesn't irritate me or break me out, and packaging is nice. It covers my redness like a dream and makes me glow and blends under my foundation perfectly. Would recommend to anyone except people with ebony skin because I think it would be too light. Lasts forever, but if it ever runs out I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LotusArtist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is a dupe for Smashbox Green primer and way cheaper. LOVE THIS STUFF. I agree that you only need a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this product is great! I have a lot of redness around my nose and mouth. I get 2-4 hours of wear from my foundation before the redness starts coming through. My foundation is thin, water-based, sheer, and luminous (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua), and I love it. However, the Rudolph effect was making me feel I should change to a full coverage foundation. I tried this, and I'm happy again.

I found it best to mix this with my moisturizer for my large red areas. 1 part green to 1-2 parts moisturizer. I use a very small squirt of the concealer to cover about half of my face. I apply with a brush and then use fingers to rub it in well. If I put it straight on by itself, it was hard to blend and made my foundation look a bit cakey. Blending it with moisturizer really helps with that, although my foundation doesn't look quite as "wow" as it does when applied on naked skin. I put enough on to where I don't see the red; I look a bit ghostly. Then I let it sink in and layer foundation over it. I use next-to-nothing flesh-toned concealer after putting on foundation. Before, I was layering concealer on in a lot of areas, and this diminished the finish of my foundation.

For spots, I put it straight on and layer foundation and/or a flesh-toned concealer over it. I use a brush and fingers, depending on how it's applying.

I have dark circles under my eyes that have a stripe of purple beneath and a stripe of red above. I use this on my under-eye area and it really cuts down the amount of yellow/flesh-toned concealer I have to use after foundation.

The thing I love most is that this makes my makeup stash so much more versatile. I'm PPP, but with my nose area red, I had to wear really bright, dark, and pigmented blushes to make my cheeks not blend in to the blotches. With this, I can wear my paler blushes and my cheeks have flush and definition. With the red around my mouth gone, my natural lipline stands out more. I can wear lip products in a much more casual way, such as dabbing on a cream lipstick without using liner.

This is the only green product I've tried, so I can't make comparisons. That said, I feel no need to try anything else. I'm very happy with it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is like voodoo magic... I just put the TINIEST and I mean TINIEST amount on a spot on my face and it applies beautifully. The consistency is soo thick that it's a big bang for the little bucks you spend on it. I just put my foundation over it and the spot's gone!
Of course the best part is that it doesn't break me out! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

What an interesting product!!

PRODUCT:
pros: Does a great job of concealing redness!
cons: strange consistency--> not smooth or creamy at all, a little goes a long long long long way!

PACKAGING: Nice, easy to squeeze tube (able to control the amount that comes out).

PRICE: I can't remember how much the original price was, but I think it was about $9. When I bought it physicians formula was having a sale at CVS for $7 off, so I got it for around $2!! :D

NOTES: Make sure you PAT this concealer on instead of rubbing it. Also, use sparingly! It takes a bit of time to get used to. Works for me when I put a drop onto my fingers and then tap each of my fingers on the product to thin it out and spread it out, and THEN pat it onto my blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this but I finally threw it out this morning. It has ethylhexyl palmitate which is pore clogging and I finally realized that it was making my skin worse. I'm pretty sure. I also threw out a bronzer and a moisturizer that contained ethylhexyl palmitate. Otherwise this concealer wasn't that great anyway. didn't last all day etc..