November 28, 2014 | 1879 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - Hand Food

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lolabunnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I received a gift card for Sephora for my birthday, I decided to purchase my beloved L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. Much to my dismay, my gift card was actually for Sephora in J.C. Penney only. As I searched the Sephora in JCP, I stumbled upon the Soap & Glory "Hand Food" Hand Cream. It says right on the packaging "Most astonishing hand cream ever? You decide!" Seeing as how I couldn't use my gift card to purchase my usual hand cream. and the noticeably lower price of this product I decided to give it a whirl. Plus, the sales associate said she personally loves the stuff.
However, I was disappointed to discover that this is NOT the most astonishing hand cream I have ever used. However, it is also not the worst. While this product does contain excellent ingredients such as shea butter and macadamia oil, for whatever reason it just didn't seem to moisturize as well as some other products I have tried. One thing that I have noted is that a good hand cream not only keep my skin soft and beautiful looking, it also helps keep my nails strong. I was not bothered by the sweet, marshmallow-y scent of this product, nor did I love it.
Overall, I felt very unimpressed with this product and that is why I would probably not repurchase. However, I did like it well enough to use up the whole tube. I also liked the price and the packaging. I would probably check out other Soap & Glory products, I was just not astonished by this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. It moisturizes well but leaves a palpable film on the hands. Has a harsh, strange smell. There are several drugstore options (from Neutrogena, Eucerin) that cost less and have none of these issues. Their Righteous butter is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Attractive packaging, expensive to purchase in my country. A little product goes a long way. The scent is pretty sweet, but it goes off after a few months. Texture is not as oily as typical hand lotions, does it's job. Will probably pick it up again when there is a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by heartslala

I love this hand lotion. I find it very difficult to find a hand cream that works for me, since my skin is pretty dry and scented ones don't really do the job. However, hand food has always worked for me. It's a little thick so a little goes a long way, not bad considering the price tag. The smell isn't amazing...more like bareable, but it's not bad. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

This product reminds me of the body butter whether it's because of the smell and texture can't be too sure. Overall a good product but I can find a better hand cream (so far using biotherm and I'm in love!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first product from Soap and Glory. I fall in love with the sweet scent at the store and decided to take this home. I've used it over a month and is impressed with the result. The cream is thick and a little amount goes a long way. It keeps my hand moist and soft, more importantly it's long lasting. The result is much better than Crabtree gardener.

My colleague always comment how nice I smell when I put it on. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. My favorite youtuber was raving about this so I picked up a baby bottle at my sephora, I tried it out in the store and couldn't stop smelling my hands. It smells fantastic. And very reminiscent of miss Dior cheri. But fragrance aside it sank into my hands almost instantly and left them so soft even my boyfriend noticed. I don't have to reapply but maybe once a day. When I run out of my bottle I'm gonna buy a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

this is by far the best hand cream out there for me, it smells gorgeous and the packaging is so girly and cute. i have 3 tubes of this already. i like that it is quick drying and doesn't leave my hands greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought because its pink nd cute , I thought this might make my dry hands smooth but just for a while after that they got dried oh well it was just $5 nd is okay I prefer the vaseline one

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent! It's sweet and not too overpowering. Any friend of mine who tried this on would say that it smelled so good. Although I had to reapply coz it doesn't relieve dryness that much in one application, I love that it is a nice hand cream especially when I'm up in the air and water from the aircraft tends to be really drying, this is what I use to soften my hands :) just apply twice to achieve the moisturization you need.