March 1, 2015 | 2056 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - Hand Food

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2015 9:51:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While standing in line to make a purchase at Sephora, this hand lotion caught my eye.

Soap & Glory Hand Food keeps my hands moisturized and soft, and it doesn't require a large amount of product to be squeezed from the tube to work its magic.

There is a particular scent, but I don't find it off-putting. If one is scent sensitive, recommend sampling this before purchasing. The scent itself softens over time, but it doesn't entirely dissipate.

Lotion is packaged in a cute, pink, convenient squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2015 3:38:00 PM More reviews by love_e

This is a very good hand cream, sinks in instantly and non-greasy. I love the scent, it reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie perfume - it is strong and perfumy so it may not be for everyone. I'm sensitive to scents and did not get a headache from this. It's relatively cheap and very good value.

Only downside is that it goes bad quicker than other lotions. The scent will start to smell off in a few months so use it up quickly after you buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 4:32:00 PM More reviews by chokeonchicken

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased the travel size from sephora for $6. It's really not as hydrating as I had hoped. This would be okay outside of winter when I don't need something stronger. It does absorb and doesn't really leave the hands greasy feeling. The reason I couldn't continue to use this was the overwhelming fragrance. I don't detect any marshmallow scent like some others have mentioned. It's an artificially sweet, powdery, perfumey smell. And not a good one. It is so strong that it overpowers any fragrance that I'm wearing. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lolabunnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I received a gift card for Sephora for my birthday, I decided to purchase my beloved L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. Much to my dismay, my gift card was actually for Sephora in J.C. Penney only. As I searched the Sephora in JCP, I stumbled upon the Soap & Glory "Hand Food" Hand Cream. It says right on the packaging "Most astonishing hand cream ever? You decide!" Seeing as how I couldn't use my gift card to purchase my usual hand cream. and the noticeably lower price of this product I decided to give it a whirl. Plus, the sales associate said she personally loves the stuff.
However, I was disappointed to discover that this is NOT the most astonishing hand cream I have ever used. However, it is also not the worst. While this product does contain excellent ingredients such as shea butter and macadamia oil, for whatever reason it just didn't seem to moisturize as well as some other products I have tried. One thing that I have noted is that a good hand cream not only keep my skin soft and beautiful looking, it also helps keep my nails strong. I was not bothered by the sweet, marshmallow-y scent of this product, nor did I love it.
Overall, I felt very unimpressed with this product and that is why I would probably not repurchase. However, I did like it well enough to use up the whole tube. I also liked the price and the packaging. I would probably check out other Soap & Glory products, I was just not astonished by this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. It moisturizes well but leaves a palpable film on the hands. Has a harsh, strange smell. There are several drugstore options (from Neutrogena, Eucerin) that cost less and have none of these issues. Their Righteous butter is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Attractive packaging, expensive to purchase in my country. A little product goes a long way. The scent is pretty sweet, but it goes off after a few months. Texture is not as oily as typical hand lotions, does it's job. Will probably pick it up again when there is a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by heartslala

I love this hand lotion. I find it very difficult to find a hand cream that works for me, since my skin is pretty dry and scented ones don't really do the job. However, hand food has always worked for me. It's a little thick so a little goes a long way, not bad considering the price tag. The smell isn't amazing...more like bareable, but it's not bad. Definitely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

This product reminds me of the body butter whether it's because of the smell and texture can't be too sure. Overall a good product but I can find a better hand cream (so far using biotherm and I'm in love!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first product from Soap and Glory. I fall in love with the sweet scent at the store and decided to take this home. I've used it over a month and is impressed with the result. The cream is thick and a little amount goes a long way. It keeps my hand moist and soft, more importantly it's long lasting. The result is much better than Crabtree gardener.

My colleague always comment how nice I smell when I put it on. Will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. My favorite youtuber was raving about this so I picked up a baby bottle at my sephora, I tried it out in the store and couldn't stop smelling my hands. It smells fantastic. And very reminiscent of miss Dior cheri. But fragrance aside it sank into my hands almost instantly and left them so soft even my boyfriend noticed. I don't have to reapply but maybe once a day. When I run out of my bottle I'm gonna buy a full size.