October 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Top/Base Coats - Beauty Secrets - Nail Matrix Cuticle Oil and Instant Polish Dryer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NNBP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally purchased Nail Matrix from Sally Beauty Supply about two years ago and loved it! The bottle lasted forever, and I wanted to give it to some friends so I went back to re-purchase it. I have been to several Sally's and can't find it. All they have is a bottle simply labeled Cuticle Oil. I purchased it, but it seems to be a different formula. The Beauty Secrets website is a disaster, and I can't find the Nail Matrix anywhere else. If someone knows of another brand/product similar to Nail Matrix, I would love to know about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of the product. This works very well as a cuticle oil and a nail polish dryer. I have a lot of these types of products. I will repurchase this product if they keep the same formula. I love the large 2.5 oz packaging and purchase this when it goes on sale. While I love Solar Oil, I cannot justify the price, when this is out there and can be purchased so cheaply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another review for the original cuticle oil. I got this 2 months ago at Sally's while I was in the US. They had the large bottle on sale for a few cents more than the small one and even though I'd never used this product before, I figured I had nothing to lose for less than 5 bucks.

I love that this oil can be brushed onto the nails, cuticles or wherever you want, really. The smell is a very pleasant "tropical/coconut" sort of smell but it's not overpowering. And this oil does a lot to soften and condition cuticles (mine are usually a mess, but not any more) and nails as well. I've even put it on dry spots on my toes/feet and it does a nice job of softening there too. Who needs to spend a bundle on Dior's Creme Abricot when there is this stuff?

I'm not crazy about the bottle - glass (which I pretty much can accept) but also ROUND like a tennis ball, which can make it hard to hold onto if my hands are a bit greasy from rubbing this oil in or from having applied hand cream. Far too easy to drop it and have it shatter, spilling oil and broken glass everywhere. A more "grippable" bottle shape would be better but still, this product is terrific.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by SilentPerfection

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for beauty secrets original cuticle oil, same packaging but different formula. I cant use the matrix oil due to a wheat allergy this product contains -
- safflower oil
- argania spinosa (argan) kernal oil
- fragrance
- benzyl benzoate
- coumarin

Just got it today so I cant speak to long term use. But its easy to apply and has a nice fruity mango vanilla scent. Bottle got marked up a lippy because its less unsightly to leave out on the table than your usual. If it works its one id glady buy again if not its a great refillable bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

This review is for the beauty secrets cuticle oil, not the matrix one as I can't find an entry for it and my phone won't let me create one.

Anyway, I bought this oil from Sallys yesterday at a bargain price of 1.49. When I got home I applied it to my just nipped cuticles and left for a few mins to soak in then followed up with hand cream. My usually dry flakey cuticles were instantly moisturised. I love this product and it smells divine, like hawaaian tropics sun cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

this stuff is this business!

I used to think I didn't like cuticle oil after trying my first one (by Rimmel, which is, not surprisingly, long discontinued) because it didn't seem to moisturize, was an oily mess, and I really saw no difference in my nail health. I prefer butters & creams (Burt's bees, Mango mend, things of the like)

Well, I was at Sally's, checking out the nail care section, as I was restocking on a few things I needed. I saw that the beauty secrets treatments where on sale, and since I needed a new top coat anyways I thought I would give it a try. I did see that these items had really good reviews on the Sally's website before I went, which helped sway me when I saw they where on sale. I was intrigued by the fact that it is a cuticle oil AND a polish drier.

First of all, this smells good - a nice almond smell.

Second, its not overly oily. It actually does absorb into my skin.

I like the packaging - I bought the large 2.5ml globe. It's HUGE, but still fits in my Helmer (Ikea storage unit). The brush makes it easy to apply. It's nothing glamorous, but it works and it will last me a long time.

Oh, and it's mega cheap -- for around $6 I get way more then most other .5ml bottles .

And, well, it works. I was already using Nail Envy & taking biotin and keeping my nails hydrated, but once I added this to my regimin, I saw a marked improvement in my nails. They are longer, stronger, move flexible, almost no more peeling (peeling was my biggest issue) and they seem to be growing faster. I am amazed in the difference it makes! Oh, and it does make polish dry faster, too! Which I am excited about because, while I do really like quick dry top coats, I find they aren't as long lasting. This allows me to use a regular top coat and cuts the dry time down (but it is not instant)

I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I'm impatient and I hate to wait, so I bought it as a nail polish dryer... The bottle is huge! I found the brush to be quite too long for my liking but it's nothing that bothers me that much. It works great as a cuticle oil. But I wanted to make an experiment so, I painted my nails, waited like two minutes and applied the oil and after two to three minutes (with the oil), I touched my nails and the polish felt as if it was dry, so I removed the oil and touched my nails again but this time, they didn't feel as if they were dry... That's something I didn't like too much because I don't like the feel, or to know that I have any kind of oil on my hands... So, if you don't want to ruin your nails, you can't remove the oil, just leave it there and wait because if you remove it, your nails won't be dry... It does dry the polish faster but you obviously have to wait a little bit for it to dry completely. I would suggest you to make the experiment and you'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I made a bulk purchase from Sally's the other week & this happened to be 1 of my purchases. This is an extraordinary cuticle oil. It's a professional grade oil. It's very easy to use its convenient "nail polish-brush" applicator to apply the oil onto clean nails. It leaves nails extremely smooth & shiny. I also rub the rest of the oil into my hands to make my hands smooth & soft. This is an excellent product to use between nail fill-ins. When my LCN nails start growing out (between fill-ins) my cuticles don't look so attractive, especially in the winter. This makes the line of demarcation between the LCN gels & my incoming nails virtually invisible. It gives my nails a smooth, polished, & "just manicured" look. This oil also helps prevent "lifting" of the gel nails when used on a regular basis. This oil also smells like a honey- almond body lotion. It smells delicious...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great cuticle moisturizer for $2.99 at Sally Beauty Supply! Unlike the previous reviewer, I find it better at moisturizing my cuticles than being an "instant polish dryer" althought I purchased it for the drying benefit. I guess I'm just more impatient. :)

The oils smell sweet and the smell isn't lingering. It leaves my cuticles really soft & moisturized. Below is the list of ingredients, which do not include formaldehyde or toluene:

GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL ,PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL ,BENZALDEHYDE ,OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL ,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL ,SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL

For moisturizing, this is as effective as CND's Solar Oil & only $2.99 to try a .5oz bottle.

Update 27Oct2011: I recently tried a new technique w/ this cuticle oil. I apply it all the way around the nails - on the skin close to the nail taking care to not get it on the nails - *before* I polish. I find that any np that gets on my skin comes off easily when washing my hands. Takes much less time to do this than trying to tidy up w/ orange sticks, q-tips, etc.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

This poduct is available at Sallys in the round bottle. The actual product is yellow and the bottle is clear so it shows through. The product performs 2 functions. It moisturizes your cuticles and dries your nail polish much faster than air drying. I reckon that when I use this, I can use my hands within minutes, they aren't completely dry, but they don't smuge or anything unless something direct happens to it. This absorbs quickly into my cuticles, but its moisturizing properties are moderate. I think its better at drying nail polish then moisturizing cuticles. The smell is light and doesn't last. It has a sweet smell.