April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Cleansers - Nude Skincare - Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by thecat8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It used to be good but it is absolutely bad in it's new packaging. It is irritating, very far from being called mild or gentle. Expensive still and does not worth to be on my skin. It is an utter disappointment! I was using it for the last 3 years until new packaging arrived and contents of it are not up to it's price. No value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by hmonica99

I have been using this for about 2 months and LOVE it...I have combination skin and finding a cleanser that doesn't dry me out has been difficult. I have had no breakouts whatsoever and my skin feels smooth and fresh. I am extremely happy with it and am definitely going to stick to it. I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Mattewis

First a bit of background, by the way this is one of my first reviews on this website even though I have been on here for a while! Anyway, I have oily skin, and I have been taking care of it literally since childhood, and yet despite that I still get acne at the ripe old age of 29! I also prefer organic products and have been searching high and low for an effective organic or sort-of natural FOAMING cleanser for years (can't use a cleansing milk with my kind of skin). Most organic cleansers don't foam enough, and I often feel not properly cleansed- and it shows! In addition, packaging is important to me, it must deliver the product in a hygienic manner, so bars of soap won't cut it, while I am not prepared to pay a fortune for the product either.

So far, I think this product may just become my holy grail. I have only been using it for about two weeks. It smells wonderful and is very relaxing to use. I even like the colour, a slight pink. It does foam but not as good as non-organic products, however if I add enough warm water and rub my hands vigorously the foam is good enough. The packaging is great with a pump that delivers enough in one go. My skin is not dried out, and so far I have not broken out more than I usually do. I follow up with a salicylic acid-based toner and I never see any residue, so I guess this does cleanse. I also think the product will last a few months with twice daily use, as I havent' even made a dent after two weeks. I paid 14 for this, and if it lasts as long as I think, this is also economic. Once the bottle is finished, I will come back and give my final verdict. But so far I really like.
UPDATE: Boohoo! It seems the product was scrapped and replaced with the purifying cleansing, the price has shot up to 20 and I really don't like the new packaging, I preferred the pump. No, Nude, wrong move.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

I really like this cleanser! It's thinner than I expected - comes out like a thick toner from the pump and only one pump (dime sized amount) does the job. It smells good (like rose oil) and does a good job of cleaning my face without drying me out. I am usually worried about gel cleansers as they dry out my eyes but this one hasn't done that at all. It leaves me clean and fresh. I have used it alone and with my Clarisonic brush and it does a good job either way. I would recommend this for anyone with every skin type except very dry, even this might be too drying for that type of skin. I am looking forward to trying a few more of Nude's products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by VB10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this as my standard cleanser for 2 years and wouldn't want to be without it. It is an excellent price, cleans, clears and refreshes skin simply and effectivly. It doesn't aggrevate and doesnt strip either. Sometimes I feel the need for a little more in deep cleaning or exfoliating but that is what masks and scrubs are designed to do. I follow the cleanser with the claryfying or hydrating water depedning on conditions.

For combo and or sensitive skin, please give this a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this cleanser. I finished the travel size bottle from tobi.com I bought all NUDE skincare from tobi. They have coupon code pretty often, so it's a great deal for me, 20% or 30% off. Yay!!! Don't buy from sephora. lol. I love the smell of it and pretty gentle, feels natural. Since I switched to natural skincare, I really do feel the difference from harsh chemical, etc. I've tried NUDE, Ren and Jurlique so far. I want to purchase the full retail size as I'm writing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is lovely - smells divine and is a real pleasure to use. My really sensitive skin is very happy with this although I was wary at first as it foams but it is fine. Only a tiny amount is required as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueAcorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference I have combination, sensitive, pimple-prone skin; my t-zone is oily in the summer though this normalizes in the winter when my cheeks have a tendency to dry out and year-round I am prone to pimples on forehead, nose, chin, right cheek and jawline.

Having suffered from mild but constant acne in my teens and constant pimples in adulthood I purchased this product back in May (2010) as I have been trying to make a move into more conscious skincare, by that I mean being aware of what is in the products I am using and why they are in there and being aware of my own carbon footprint.

I find rinse-off cleansers a difficult thing to justify, though they are my preferred cleanser, as it spends so little time on your skin so its hard to tell if the good ingredients have a chance to do anything worthwhile but having used some terrible cleansers and finding this such a lovely one to use I figure it is better to have the good stuff in it than not. This gentle cleanser only lathers slightly, not too much as it doesn't contain SLS, and as a result does not strip my skin so I don't necessarily need to follow with toner or moisturizer, my face just feels so clean and healthy not at all bogged down with potential toxins from previous skincare. I have used this solely and religiously for roughly 5 months now and the result remains the same. (I'm afraid I cannot comment on how it removes makeup as I use a cleansing oil for that job.)

This costs 12 for 100ml, which I actually think is quite reasonable for such a good product, and after using a single pump twice a day every day I'm somewhere between half to 3/4 through the bottle. Due to the active ingredients this only has a shelf life of 6 months once opened so I have recently stepped my dosage up to two pumps in the evening and when I repurchase I'll use two pumps each use which means I should be finishing the product by the 6 month mark instead of having so much remaining. 24 for a year's worth of excellent cleansing is not too high a price in my opinion.

The packaging is excellent, the bottle is entirely recyclable plastic and made using 100% Post Consumer Regrind making its carbon footprint negligible. The pump is airtight meaning that no air can get in to kill the active ingredients and the bottle is totally opaque, which on the one hand is unfortunate as you cannot see how much product remains but is necessary to prevent light also affecting the ingredients and therefore degrading the product; packaging like this also reduces the need for preservatives.

Will I repurchase? Without a shadow of a doubt, by far the best cleanser I have ever used.

From the NUDE Skincare website: 'our skincare products are 98% natural and use ingredients that the body can understand and use without harm. Nude chooses to formulate without parabens, sulphates, PEGs, TEAs and DEAs, propylene glycol, phthalates, GMOs, mineral oils and silicones.'

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I have normal/dry although this wash is for normal/oily it doesn't dry me out more than a face wash for normal skin. I particularly notice the way this wash leaves my skin feeling, not only clean but soft and nicely textured. I've had no break outs or reactions and I'd say this was ok for mildly sensitive skin like mine. I used the Ren face wash before this and find this just as good if not better and (marginally) cheaper. It comes in a pump bottle but downside is the opaque packaging means you can't tell how much you've used. It's expensive for a daily wash but I only need one pump to wash my face and for me looking after your face day to day is just as important as slapping expensive stuff on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ecochic13

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Between the smell, the smooth-rich lather, and the amazing results on my face I am in LOVE with this cleanser. Although it lathers, it does NOT dry out skin. I use this daily and one or two days a week switch it up with NUDE's Cleansing Facial Oil. I have combination skin and this has definitely helped balance it out.. Once you try, you will fall in love.