LUSH Ghost

3.5

Smells likes Lilies. Not drying or moisturizing. If your into flower smells you like it.

on 4/27/2012 5:42:00 PM

I wasnt super impressed with this. It doesnt have an offensive smell, but it just isn't amazing to me. Its just kind of floral and not much else, and I'm not really into floral scents. A nice creamy shower gel, but I am finding myself struggling to use it up. I wish they would come out with a pumpkin or lady katrina shower gel for this year..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So at first I really hated this soap. It kinda grew on me but I've realized it's just kinda "meh", and not really worth it. It's very expensive and the consistency is quite runny. Lush's shower gels can vary from batch to batch, but some items just don't change really over time. I'm pretty sure Ghost is always runny. I bought a second bottle (no idea why. Because it's limited edition? I'm a sucker I guess...) and I am just not that thrilled about it. I wish I got something else. As for the smell, it's lily alright. It smells like old ladies, or the public restroom air freshener, or maybe some kind of generic white bar soap. There are times when I am feeling very "floral" and it smells better, but usually I'm not a huge fan. Try something else. Not worth the hype!

on 2/3/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased Ghost unsniffed because of the name & raves online. I like it, it is a very delicate scen but I don't love it.

My Ghost SG is quite runny & seems to get thinner & thinner over time. I thought I accidently got water into it even though I was being careful however I also bought a couple of backups (as I thought I would love it) & they seem to be doing the same thing sitting in the cupboard. Not only that, the unopened bottles seem to be evaporating.

The lather is minimal but that doesn't bother me as it does seem to clean well. I like the sparkly white sheen/glitter it has but it just washes down the drain.

The Lilly scent is very subtle & stays on the skin for a little while during the day. There is something in the scent that reminds me of cheesecake or the cream cheese icing on carrot cake. I've used Ghost to wash my hair & it seems to work OK, the scent stays in my hair for a little longer than it does on the skin.

If I saw this at a great price, I might purchase it, but I'm not sure if I would buy it at full price. I don't think it is worth it.

Don't get me wrong - it's nice, but unfortunately I find I'm only using it because it is there which is a huge shame. :(

This body wash far exceeded my expectations. I bought it because it was limited edition and didn't think I would like it all too much. I'm finding myself obsessed with this as time goes on! There is a nice floral/powder scent that smells really clean and pretty. It's very sophisticated and definitely not sweet. My skin has been really itchy lately and after using this for a few days I have experienced a lot less irritation. Love!

on 7/20/2011 11:20:00 PM

A swapper sent me a small bottle of this as an extra and it smelled medicinal when I opened it. I thought "why would Lush make such a weird smelling shower gel?" So I put it in my gym bag to use because I was not impressed and decided to use it instead of hoard it, like my other Lush stuff... When I used it after a workout, is when I finally came to appreciating it. It doesn't smell anything like it does in the bottle in the shower. The scent is surprisingly very beautiful and has a true floral smell. It's pretty wild. I like it a lot, but of course, Lush is not making it right now. I may try to catch it around Halloween, when it apparently comes out, but I'm sure it'll be overpriced, like their other good stuff.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is horrible. I was given a sample and I was really excited to try it. I have been a recent LUSH addict. I was really disappointed with this. It was creamy and I did not need much. It was a horrible scent and it left behind a horrible scent. I could not believe how bad it smelled. The weird part was that I cannot put a finger on what it was that made it smell bad. I thought it was just me and asked my husband to give it a whiff and he was disgusted too. I would not describe this as being a nice scent at all. I would never purchase this. I also personally do not like Lush's packaging.

I am in the minority on this item... I do NOT like the scent at all. Call me crazy but the smell really really REALLY reminds me of a funeral parlor. YEP - that's right... I said a FUNERAL PARLOR! The overwhelming stench of sickly sweet yet on their way to decomposing blooms made me gag. I will give it kudos for nice texture and great foaminess but alas I cannot give it any commendations for odor.

on 11/24/2010 6:18:00 PM

oh my I love the way this smells. It reminds me of the skinnydip buttercream (gorgeous smell, but not so great product) It's a little on the runny side so you need to be a little careful when pouring it out onto your sponge/loofah. It foams wonderfully and fills the shower with a beautiful uplifting scent. I will be sure to stock up next halloween

on 10/23/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a nice shower gel from LUSH. It has a nice mature smell. Mature doesn't mean old-lady, but sophisticated. It is pretty with the silvery white shimmers and leaves skin feeling GREAT! It is something that I try to get every Halloween.

Popular Gels/Soaps