December 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Jade Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jade Rose is a lovely, fresh peachy pink polish. It's a beautiful neutral on my deep tan skin tone. Of the Chanel polishes that I own I find myself getting the most use out of Jade Rose because it's so easy to wear with anything and for any occasion. Unfortunately, the color isn't too unique compared to other Chanel polishes. It does, however, apply easily and last long without chipping. It's a semi-sheer polish and to achieve true opacity I use 3 thin coats. I prefer to wear Jade Rose on my toes as it gives such a fresh, clean, feminine look. If you're into neutrals or soft peachy pinks and can shell out $27 dollars on a polish, I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this.
I don't have any problems with application or streakiness, though I do find I need to re-dip the brush before I start to apply to get a decent amount on the bristles because the brush is too long and thin to hold a decent bead. So a point off for that.
The polish itself is a lovely peachy pink neutral cream with subtle pink micro glitter. It looks more obvious in the bottle than on the actual nail but when applied, it adds a soft dimension to the shade that looks very natural. The formula is a little thick but not goopy, it spreads easily and gives decent coverage with limited strokes. It does have a tendency to drag if you redraw over a drying layer but I think that's pretty much par for the course with most polishes.
Drying time is fine, only takes a couple of minutes to be touch dry, set with Seche Vite over two layers (plus a base coat), is completely dry within 15 minutes. Doesn't chip as badly as Paradoxal, which is a relief.
Similar but slightly more peachy than OPI Samoan Sands (which is more beige, more sheer), I get opaque coverage in 2 coats, it is a flattering wear-with-anything multitasking shade and something I really enjoy wearing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This has been my only disappointment with Chanel polishes. A rating of 1 may seem unfair, but considering the texture (which is prone to streaking), the lasting power (begins to chip very quickly), and colour, I think the low rating is justified. Jade Rose is beautiful in the bottle, but it morphs into something distinctly unflattering on my nails. It's not just me, either. I've seen a number of Youtube videos and blog photos of Jade Rose on other women, and I've yet to see a flattering example. Maybe I have unusual taste, but a lot of other reviewers notice the very same thing I'm complaining about--the colour is very, very odd. It's unflattering to most skintones. Rather than the delicate peachy-pink you see in the bottle, it becomes a very odd colour (I want to say the tone is slightly yellow, but I'm not sure if that's accurate). Be aware that the colour in the bottle is NOT the colour of the product applied to your nails. I recommend looking at photos (try Google Images) and Youtube videos of the nail polish as it looks when applied to other women.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What an odd color. I wouldn't say that it's misleading in the bottle, but the beautiful pink shimmer doesn't translate once it's on the nails. In the bottle it looks like a creamy, warm nude scattered with iridescent pink micro-shimmer. On my nails it's a plain, milky peach-nude. I can make out some slight shimmer in direct sunlight, and only then with difficulty. It's darker than my skin tone, so it doesn't look very flattering as a nude shade. Some pink might have saved it for me. But this just looks like a strange flesh tone against my very pale skin.

The application was excellent. Completely opaque in two coats with no streaking or bubbles. With a top coat it wears really well for at least six days with no chipping. The overall quality is impressive but the color just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find this such a boring colour, it lookes so much better in the bottle then on my nails. I love the light pinky colour with purple micro-shimmer but this does not translate on to the nails. It's just a bleh nude-peachy colour that does not look good with my skintone. It also chips very easily, will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am quite fond of this color. I think it is the perfect pale, baby pink shade perfect for a french manicure. I usually apply 2-3 coats because it has a tendency to go on thickly. That was my only reason for taking off one lippy, otherwise, I love it! I often reach for this shade whenever I do my nails, but tend to put it down because I use it so often! This pale pink has a light golden shimmer throughout so its not totally opaque and shows some dimension on your nails.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have such mixed feelings about this.
I love the colour, it's very unique and european. It's kind of a dusty pink with shimmer. I think the shimmer adds so much more.
At the first glance, it doesn't look that outstanding, but after a while, it becomes so interesting.

The brush is a little frustrating because I don't like long brushes. Formula might be a little streaky for some, but it's fine for me. Just takes a little more time than usual, not a big deal.

I love to use this as a pedicure with Jade as a manicure.

The formula is kinda weird though. It streaks like crazy and I have to use like 4 coats to get opaque coverage.

Overpriced though, it's nothing really special except the shimmer. Chanel polishes are like overpriced Essie.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by greencurry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this polish. She's a real jolie-laide, as the Frenchies say...so ugly she's attractive.

Let's start with the name, French for "pink jade". Unh-uh. I agree with one of the MUA reviewers below, who deems this polish the color of Silly Putty. A flat peachy-beige, especially after a week's wear, a classic Granny tone. Neither of my grandmothers, bless their names and souls, wore nail polish on their unstylish hardworking hands, but when I look at my own hands adorned by this somewhat opaque and streaky shade, I'm reminded of Woolworth's lunch counters and days when going to shop downtown was a real excursion.

This post of Garance Dore's also came to mind:

Perhaps one out of the hundreds of GD post commenters mentioned the pictured polish as possibly being Chanel Jade Rose. Methinks it is. I've used OPI Tickle My France-y and Mavala Velvet, two others oft-mentioned by the GD post comment crowd. Those two look nothing like Jade Rose. It's in a vintage orange-y beige putty class of its own.

Now, why would I have chosen this color over Mica Rose, to the chagrin and exchanged knowing looks of the Chanel counter staffers? Because she's more unique in her pretty-ugliness, more intellectual, harder to figure out. I like to rock this polish because it makes me feel like I'm inhabiting a character, one who is me to my most interesting, exponential potential.

Isn't that the real reason we drop loads of cash on fragrance and cosmetics, to hopefully tell the best story of who we wish to be? This product does that for me, worth every hour of its rather gloppy, frustrating application.

xo greencurry

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by honeylustre

I love the color of this polish. I'm pretty warm toned (NC15), but it doesn't clash too much with my skin tone. But it just chips on my so quickly. I painted my nails with this last Thursday and I got chips by Thursday night. I could deal with it until yesterday, when half of my thumb nails were peeled off, so I just removed it. So about three days. I would buy it again only for the color, but I expect more out of such an expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i'm so sad to see the low re-buy rate! i can understand it though, as i think the undertones in this make it a finicky shade. i am pale with neutral undertones. on me it gives a mannequin-hands look with warm, tan-buff edge. a little more beige than my skin tone. on my toes, namely my big toe, i needed three coats, but two could be nice as well, for a more natural look. other than that, everything the last reviewer said.