September 18, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Funnel Cake

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MissTati

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I am light-medium buff tone...so very earthy neutral, and it suits me great. A lot of other mid-tone browns from EM are too orange or purple-based, but this is perfect. I find it a bit on the light side for me, so I usually apply it wet for a bit more depth. I agree with the others, that the shimmer is pretty much non-existent, which is fine for an everyday, neutral color that can be used as an all-over wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very neutral medium brown with just the subtlest hint of shimmer on. I'm medium complected so this is fairly light on me, I like to use it in two different ways. If I'm going understated / work appropriate, I pair it with a lighter, all-over wash color on the lid (such as their Late Checkout) and use this in the crease. It can be also used on the lid with a darker crease color. It doesn't look like a very exciting color in the pot, but I found it was very flattering on because it is subtle and not harsh. Whatever shimmer appears in the jar is pretty much not noticeable on. See my swatches picture link below. As with all mineral shadows, you need a primer like UDPP or TSFI.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ana_bela

I'm a neutral shadow girl, and I try to make everything I use look as natural as possible. I got this as a sample, and was put off by the mid-level brown, which I thought would be too obvious, and the intense shimmer.
Because I like EM, I gave it a shot, and was surprised in the best way - the shimmer is barely there when applied, and the color is a gorgeous lighter brown that defines the shape of my eyes and adds some depth. It's just a baby step away from a natural eye, and I find myself returning to it frequently. Definitely worth trying as a sample, and it has great staying power too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a small jar of this mineral eye shadow as part of the "Go Naturally Neutral" eye shadow kit on Everyday Minerals' web site. However, this is also sold as a single eye shadow. Funnel Cake is a medium neutral brown that, like many EDM shades, is hard to describe precisely. The red and yellow undertones are not pronounced, so I find it very easy to wear (brown eye shadows with too much red look TERRIBLE on me). In some lights it has a slightly taupe-ish tinge (yes, taupe-ish is a word - I just invented it). The web site describes it as a "dusty cappucino brown" - that seems fitting also.

Funnel Cake is classified as a "shimmer" eye shadow and looks VERY shimmery in the jar. Thankfully, once applied the shimmer is much more subtle and wearable. I like wearing it in the crease with Rare Silk all over as a wash, Hot Chocolate on the lid, and Boardwalk to line. It is perfectly suitable for daytime wear. I strongly recommend applying dry with a good crease brush. I attempted to apply this wet and it was a runny, muddy mess, with the end result looking flatter, browner, and less interesting than the dry application.

If you're in the market for a shimmery neutral brown that isn't over the top, this is a smart buy!