October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Polishes - Creative Nail Design - Crimson Sparkle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This polish is so pretty as a top coat on darker polishes. I love it on top of black, dark purple or dark red/vampy cremes. It's not something I reach for all the time, but it gives a really lovely effect when I'm in the mood for something different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first polish from CND, I received it as an extra from a lovely swapper here on MUA. I was so surprised as to how much I love this! It really transforms any polish. I have used it over black, purple, red, and on its own. It seems to compliment almost any color I pair it with! It is a little thick, but manageable to work with. I am looking to swap for some more CND Effects!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by xaoey05

I really like this effect a lot. Crimson changes the base color pretty dramatically, especially in the light. Over black, I could almost swear it's a duochrome-type effect, as it flashes both crimson and gold. Reminiscent of Bad Fairy... I bet this would add a little something extra to BF for sure! :) The effects retail for something like $11, and though that's awfully steep, I'd be happier paying retail for this particular sparkle effect than other (say, Gold) because it really does add that something extra! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by audraelena

I ♥ these new CND Effects! I like to add them on day 2 of my mani to change up the look and just refresh the mani in general.

The look of Crimson Sparkle will differ with each base color you use, which makes it so fun! I'm currently wearing it over Maybelline Twinkle Twinkle, and it's just stunning! I'd imagine CS would look awesome over purples and grays as well. I've recently discovered the fun of layering polishes and playing with topcoats, and these Effects are great for that.

I think they retail for $11, but I ordered mine from an etailer for $5.50. I don't think I'd want to pay the $11, but i think it's a justifiable purchase for half of that! CS dried very quickly for me also, which is important to me.

All in all, it's a fun product that I would definitely purchase again. I have a handful of these Effects and am excited to try the rest of them out! I highly recommend trying them :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These new sparkle polishes are so much fun. Thank you, CND!

This is a top coat polish that adds a sparkly effect to any polish color.

It seems to generally pull red-golden on the nail.

It is similar to raspberry sparkle on most colors - - I'd only get Crimson or Raspberry if I were to buy again. I probably don't need both.

Dries fast, applies like a dream