December 19, 2014 | 1616 users online

Moisturizers - Dr. Organic - 100% Organic Aloe Vera Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by nessiemess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Grey

First off I'd like to remind everyone that each skin is different. My reaction on the product can be complete different from the reaction your skin will give.

I was looking for a good face cleaning product when I found this. I was sold when I saw it was antibacterial, organic and that it hadn't been testen on animals.

I used it on my entire face and every time I applied it, it started off with a prickly feeling, which soon turned into a cold like clean feeling, as if I had washed my face with cold mineral water. This made me think it actually worked really well.

I was keen on using it so I used it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, and I followed it up by using the Organic Aloe Vera Concentrated Cream.

After a few days of using it I suddenly saw that I had dry red patches on my cheeks. It looked scarily much like eczema. I stopped using it after that.

It is hard to say if it really worked or did a good job seeing that I only used it for a week or so (and real results often take months).

It could be possible that I used it to much or to often or not in the right way.
I have decided to try out a new method with it and see how my skin reacts to it.

I will write a new review if I get another outcome or when I see it helped my skin in any way.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I wouldnt give such a good reviews for this. This is a fair quality aloe vera but the consistency of it is too wattery. If it says gel there should be gel in it not water and gel. Not very good value of money for the quality given.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by LilyofVenus

Where to begin? This product is so useful to have on your shelf. It deals with spots and blemishes, minor burns, dry skin, inflamed skin and sensitive skin, and it can be used as a general moisturiser as well. Its cheap, lasts absolutely ages and the shape of tube means none gets wasted when you get to the end.
Love it - get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by surah

Not so expensive at all, compared to other aloe vera gel products I have been used. Ideal product for moisturising, after-sun repair and lotion-mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Due to stress I have been getting inflamed spots on my face that were getting me down. I am loathe to spend huge amounts of cash on my skin, but I do like quality and simple ingredient lists as my skin can b reactive.
Enter this gel, I was in Holland & Barret looking around and saw this was part of the penny sale. Thought no harm.... Anyway, I use it all over face n neck after a spritz with some water, whilst it is still sticky I apply a couple of drops of oil to neck & eye area. I let it settle then if face still feels dry I will add a small amount of basic moisturiser. This is at night. Well this stuff counters the drying effects of acne Rx. Also inflammation of spots n pustles are reduced by next morning. Also this contains no alcohol which is important. No fragrance and food grade preservatives.
Considering this is a 200ml tube this will last forever. Ideally this would come in an airtight pump. But I suppose use on the body would be long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know that pure Aloe Vera Gel directly from the plant is the best, but not very easy to use.
I found this gel for about 6 euro's and the ingredientslist seems safe (a 2 in the cosmeticsdatabase).

Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Glyceryl caprylate, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate, Aqua, Sodium phylate, Sodium hydroxide

I brought this with me on my holidays in Turkey and used it as a nighttime moisturizer, it was really fantastic. My oily acne prone skin felt fresh, clean and oil free.
Now back in Holland I still use it at night, but I mix it with an other moisturizer, because my skin needs a little bit more moist in winter time.
Edit june 2010: This was fine on my holiday, but it is much too drying at home. So I keep on searching for that perfect moisturizer.
Edit november 2010: I started to use this gel on a cyst and some smaller pimples, it works like magic. Sometimes I have these pimples that are so inflamed that they hurt and are very red. The Aloe Vera gel gets the inflamation out of the skin in 1 or 2 nights. Love it!