Kanebo Sensai Mascara 38 C (Volumising)

4.3

on 2/16/2015 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara because it makes my thin lashes thick, dark, well defined and beautiful. It is probably the best mascara I've ever used. I work long hours and by the end of the day it flakes a little, but I can't really blame it for that. It can also get a bit messy because you get a lot of mascara on the wand, but you can just scrape it off before applying, so that's not really a problem.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

My HG mascara. I have used it I think for 5 years in a row now and will continue to do so.
All the rest of the mascaras smudge on my oily lids, but not this one. It is easy to wash it off in the evening, at first it took some time to get used to the procedure.

on 10/25/2014 3:38:00 PM

thiw is the best mascara ever, i am in love, its middle priced, its water resistant but waterproof on me, stays all day does not chip or fall and most of all gives me te best curl/ volume thet i have ever had, in my country this mascara costs the same as loreal so i i think it the best for price and what it does for my lashes :)

on 1/12/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was really excited about the 'gimmick' behind this mascara, because I have very watery eyes in the winter as well as specific allergy seasons throughout the year, but hate the feeling of removing waterproof mascara (or rather the feeling of the little flakes that are left). I do love the wear of this product -- it's true that it really doesn't budge from the lashes. However, I don't think the removal is as magical as promised. In fact, I find it to be roughly the same as any waterproof mascara (after rinsing several times, there are still little tubes coating my lashes, and flakes falling on my cheekbones!) with the added 'bonus' that it doesn't respond particularly well to my normal cleansing oil. I'm not rating it too poorly because it may just be my cleansing method that is at fault, and I do really appreciate how it looks when I'm wearing it. I just hate getting my hopes up like this about a product, only to be left with classic raccoon eyes!

on 10/15/2012 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

The only mascara I can use with no primer that does not leave me with racoon eyes. Moreover, it does not irritate my sensitive eyes and stays perfect for about 10-12h.

on 6/28/2012 3:42:00 PM

I had heard a lot of both good and bad opinions about this. I bought mine from a sale where it came with a small sensai chief sponge. First removing this was like hell. No matter what temperature the water was the mascara just stayed. But with the chief sponge removing it was easy and after few times of using this, i learned how to remove it without the sponge, which in my opinion is the most stupid invention ever. A regular dish cloth would do the dame thing! The mascara itself was really good and i liked it was after a practice easy to remove.

on 12/24/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The mascara was okay. The packaging was cute. The mascara itself didn't work for me it all, because it didn't give any volume at all, but it did lengthen my lashes. The texture is dry so it didn't smudge at all what's good. I do suggest not to apply too much coats because it might lead you to spider lashes.

on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday mascara at the moment. It doesn't give you the most dramatic look but it lengthens and volumizes the lashes very naturally. It doesn't smudge or fall off but stays on nice and beautiful all day. The very best thing about this mascara is the fact that you really can remove it gently, quickly and easily with warm water. You really can kiss goodbye to those oily and messy mascara removers and still enjoy the benefits of a waterproof mascara beacause this one doesn'nt leave with rain, sweat or anythig unless it's over 38 degrees warm. I still can't give this mascara five lippies because there's one thing it doesn't do at all and it's curling, but overall, a very nice everyday mascara:)

on 10/14/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The best quality about this mascara is it doesn't smudge throughout the day yet it is not so waxy as waterproof mascara. It gives me a decent fan of lashes. I like the consistency most a couple of weeks after opening- it gets thicker and gives me more impresive volume. Even thought the mascara is extremely comfortable to wear, it gets uncomfortable when I try to remove it- rubbing my eyes in hot water does not appeal to me, I use waterproof make-up remover, but still it is a battle. Also, what about the packaging? When it feels more luxe, it's easier to justify the high price.

on 8/23/2010 5:56:00 AM

I have used the Kanebo/Sensai 38* Silk Performance mascaras for years, first the original, then the lenghtening. They never smudge or flake, application is easy, looks natural and removal is a breeze. My eternal HGs!
Glaucoma meds have helped with lenght, so I thought I'd try the volumizing version for the fun of it. I am generally not very into volumizing mascaras (lashes don't stay separated, a little messy looking), but this blew me away. It both stretches out and volumizes each lash individually from the base. "Hello, dolly!" I think my lashes look more refined, curled and glam than with the S&L (better for a natural, fluttery lashes look). New HG!

Top Rated Kanebo Products