Kanebo Sensai Mascara 38 C (Volumising)

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My all time HG mascara! It's a bit pricy and cost more than I would normally spend on a mascara. The first time I bought this was because of a crazy good offer while purchasing skincare pruducts online - I gave it a try. After finding this one there's no need for me to try others.

The Sensai mascara 38C (volumising) gives me that perfect natural look with that little extra!
Great separation that covers every lash individualy, for that flattering feathery look. Intense pigmentation to cover up for my superlight scandinavian lashes.
It makes them appear longer and fuller and the best part is how long-lasting it is! It neither smudge nor flake, It holds for a bit of rain or a few tears, but is still easy to remove. I've even fallen asleep with it after wild partynights and It still looks perfect the morning after (in case i haven't been rubbing my eyes during sleep).
It also last for long before it gets unfresh and dry (5 months for me, but I'm usually only using it at weekends).
The only con I can think about is that it's a bit wet when it's band new which can make the application a bit tricky. I have very long and curly lashes which tend to reach my upper eyelids so it might smear easily during this time when it takes longer for the mascara to set/dry.

Whorth mentioning is that I'm born with good eyelashes. So I can't say what effect this mascara has on those eyelashes wishing for spectacular length, curl, volume etc.
Over all - this is a mascara i highly recommend!

on 3/29/2015 7:40:00 AM

Best mascara ever! It makes my lashes look huge and it's super easy to remove with just water. The only downside to this is the price.. But I think it's worth the money! And there is one weird thing about this mascara: sometimes when I try to remove it with water it just doesn't get off?? Even if the temperature of the water is 38... Well still my fave mascara!

on 2/16/2015 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara because it makes my thin lashes thick, dark, well defined and beautiful. It is probably the best mascara I've ever used. I work long hours and by the end of the day it flakes a little, but I can't really blame it for that. It can also get a bit messy because you get a lot of mascara on the wand, but you can just scrape it off before applying, so that's not really a problem.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

My HG mascara. I have used it I think for 5 years in a row now and will continue to do so.
All the rest of the mascaras smudge on my oily lids, but not this one. It is easy to wash it off in the evening, at first it took some time to get used to the procedure.

on 10/25/2014 3:38:00 PM

thiw is the best mascara ever, i am in love, its middle priced, its water resistant but waterproof on me, stays all day does not chip or fall and most of all gives me te best curl/ volume thet i have ever had, in my country this mascara costs the same as loreal so i i think it the best for price and what it does for my lashes :)

on 1/12/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was really excited about the 'gimmick' behind this mascara, because I have very watery eyes in the winter as well as specific allergy seasons throughout the year, but hate the feeling of removing waterproof mascara (or rather the feeling of the little flakes that are left). I do love the wear of this product -- it's true that it really doesn't budge from the lashes. However, I don't think the removal is as magical as promised. In fact, I find it to be roughly the same as any waterproof mascara (after rinsing several times, there are still little tubes coating my lashes, and flakes falling on my cheekbones!) with the added 'bonus' that it doesn't respond particularly well to my normal cleansing oil. I'm not rating it too poorly because it may just be my cleansing method that is at fault, and I do really appreciate how it looks when I'm wearing it. I just hate getting my hopes up like this about a product, only to be left with classic raccoon eyes!

on 10/15/2012 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

The only mascara I can use with no primer that does not leave me with racoon eyes. Moreover, it does not irritate my sensitive eyes and stays perfect for about 10-12h.

on 6/28/2012 3:42:00 PM

I had heard a lot of both good and bad opinions about this. I bought mine from a sale where it came with a small sensai chief sponge. First removing this was like hell. No matter what temperature the water was the mascara just stayed. But with the chief sponge removing it was easy and after few times of using this, i learned how to remove it without the sponge, which in my opinion is the most stupid invention ever. A regular dish cloth would do the dame thing! The mascara itself was really good and i liked it was after a practice easy to remove.

on 12/24/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The mascara was okay. The packaging was cute. The mascara itself didn't work for me it all, because it didn't give any volume at all, but it did lengthen my lashes. The texture is dry so it didn't smudge at all what's good. I do suggest not to apply too much coats because it might lead you to spider lashes.

on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday mascara at the moment. It doesn't give you the most dramatic look but it lengthens and volumizes the lashes very naturally. It doesn't smudge or fall off but stays on nice and beautiful all day. The very best thing about this mascara is the fact that you really can remove it gently, quickly and easily with warm water. You really can kiss goodbye to those oily and messy mascara removers and still enjoy the benefits of a waterproof mascara beacause this one doesn'nt leave with rain, sweat or anythig unless it's over 38 degrees warm. I still can't give this mascara five lippies because there's one thing it doesn't do at all and it's curling, but overall, a very nice everyday mascara:)

Top Rated Kanebo Products