November 22, 2014 | 1681 users online

Mascara - Kanebo - Sensai Mascara 38 C (Volumising)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

thiw is the best mascara ever, i am in love, its middle priced, its water resistant but waterproof on me, stays all day does not chip or fall and most of all gives me te best curl/ volume thet i have ever had, in my country this mascara costs the same as loreal so i i think it the best for price and what it does for my lashes :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited about the 'gimmick' behind this mascara, because I have very watery eyes in the winter as well as specific allergy seasons throughout the year, but hate the feeling of removing waterproof mascara (or rather the feeling of the little flakes that are left). I do love the wear of this product -- it's true that it really doesn't budge from the lashes. However, I don't think the removal is as magical as promised. In fact, I find it to be roughly the same as any waterproof mascara (after rinsing several times, there are still little tubes coating my lashes, and flakes falling on my cheekbones!) with the added 'bonus' that it doesn't respond particularly well to my normal cleansing oil. I'm not rating it too poorly because it may just be my cleansing method that is at fault, and I do really appreciate how it looks when I'm wearing it. I just hate getting my hopes up like this about a product, only to be left with classic raccoon eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sajeani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only mascara I can use with no primer that does not leave me with racoon eyes. Moreover, it does not irritate my sensitive eyes and stays perfect for about 10-12h.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had heard a lot of both good and bad opinions about this. I bought mine from a sale where it came with a small sensai chief sponge. First removing this was like hell. No matter what temperature the water was the mascara just stayed. But with the chief sponge removing it was easy and after few times of using this, i learned how to remove it without the sponge, which in my opinion is the most stupid invention ever. A regular dish cloth would do the dame thing! The mascara itself was really good and i liked it was after a practice easy to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGlam11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The mascara was okay. The packaging was cute. The mascara itself didn't work for me it all, because it didn't give any volume at all, but it did lengthen my lashes. The texture is dry so it didn't smudge at all what's good. I do suggest not to apply too much coats because it might lead you to spider lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by churri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite everyday mascara at the moment. It doesn't give you the most dramatic look but it lengthens and volumizes the lashes very naturally. It doesn't smudge or fall off but stays on nice and beautiful all day. The very best thing about this mascara is the fact that you really can remove it gently, quickly and easily with warm water. You really can kiss goodbye to those oily and messy mascara removers and still enjoy the benefits of a waterproof mascara beacause this one doesn'nt leave with rain, sweat or anythig unless it's over 38 degrees warm. I still can't give this mascara five lippies because there's one thing it doesn't do at all and it's curling, but overall, a very nice everyday mascara:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best quality about this mascara is it doesn't smudge throughout the day yet it is not so waxy as waterproof mascara. It gives me a decent fan of lashes. I like the consistency most a couple of weeks after opening- it gets thicker and gives me more impresive volume. Even thought the mascara is extremely comfortable to wear, it gets uncomfortable when I try to remove it- rubbing my eyes in hot water does not appeal to me, I use waterproof make-up remover, but still it is a battle. Also, what about the packaging? When it feels more luxe, it's easier to justify the high price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used the Kanebo/Sensai 38* Silk Performance mascaras for years, first the original, then the lenghtening. They never smudge or flake, application is easy, looks natural and removal is a breeze. My eternal HGs!
Glaucoma meds have helped with lenght, so I thought I'd try the volumizing version for the fun of it. I am generally not very into volumizing mascaras (lashes don't stay separated, a little messy looking), but this blew me away. It both stretches out and volumizes each lash individually from the base. "Hello, dolly!" I think my lashes look more refined, curled and glam than with the S&L (better for a natural, fluttery lashes look). New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Blund

I really like this mascara; no smudges, no flaking (can even sleep with it...) and is easy to work with. I find it helpful to remove excess mascara on a tissue before applying. You can apply several layers and the brush is good for shaping/curling the lashes.

I used to wear the original 38 years ago, and I find this better in terms volume and curling effect.

Only downside, not a very nice packaging, but hey that does not really matter ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the original 38C mascara and just found out there is a new volumising formula available. It is a little steep at 32 dollars at Bergdorf but if it lasts as long as the original, I hope it is worth it. And I found a coupon code for free shipping at retailmenot website. I've had a lot of eye irritation lately due to allergies and switching to Kanebo from drugstore brands (L'Oreal, Rimmel, Maybelline) has made a difference. I love that it makes my lashes a bit more pronounced than the original formula. I still need to apply two coats though. The curved brush did not help curl lashes, I had to use a curler. It is only available in black (MV-1).