Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not believe Covergirl is still marketing these. For the love of god... these "lipsticks" have been out since I was a greasy pre-teen. I'm 24 as I write this and the formula STILL hasn't improved.

Basically what happens is...you apply a very sticky gloss. It dries to a nasty matte texture that sucks all moisture out of your lips. And then you apply a balm over it, that just causes the glue-like gloss to gunk up in the corners of your lips.

Covergirl (finally) released a few decent products recently...such as the TruNaked palettes. They should pretend Outlast All-Day Lipcolor never happened and wipe them off the shelves.

This didn't last 4 hours on me , This was fine after i put the gloss on after but within 30 minutes It flaked badly , and left a ring around my lips . after i ate a sandwich and drank water . I like the effect that the gloss gave so i wore it alone , but broke out on my lip line after using it for 2 days .

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So this stuff really is amazing. But you have to make it amazing, it's not amazing on its own. I have discovered that the matte shades are better than the shimmers. Why? I don't know. K let me explain my experience. I have the color canyon 626 and two other colors (sorry cant remember what they are called but one is a slightly shimmery pink and the other a slightly shimmery pink/purple. Canyon is a matte burnt orange brown. Very important tip, make sure your lips are smooth and soft before applying. Dont apply over dry cracked lips. So 1 you apply the color. One coat is enough for me. 2 let dry. Dont rub lips together or stretch them. Just leave your mouth alone for 1minute. 3 apply balm. The balm they provide makes your lips very shiny and deepens the color. So when I wore the canyon matte one it lasted quite a few hours but the inner center did crack and fade a little.also you have to reapply the balm throughout the day. The balm isn't fade resistant only the color is. But it really does stay on your lips without transferring. You can kiss and eat just fine. Now with the shimmery ones I apply just the same. The shimmers are more sheer than the mattes and they fade faster. But they don't transfer to stuff either. This product truly is kiss proof, food proof and waterproof. Draw back though the color and balm accentuate fine lines. And the balm doesn't actually moisturize and plump it just adds shine. K here's how to make it amazing. Dont use their balm! Use your own. I use burts bees ultra moisturizing balm. It adds the same amount of shine but actually keeps lips moist and soft. And it also extends and perfects the color. When I wore my own balm the color literally lasted all day, not fading, no cracking, no wear and tear basically. Just soft beautifully colored lips that don't transfer to anything. And the way I remove it is with a water and vinegar mix on a towel. I just rub them for a minute or two and its off. Soap and water doesn't work and neither does oil. So their you have it. I dont reccommd the shimmers and don't use the balm that comes with it.

I have no issue with the two step application, but man... it feels awful on my lips. It feels like a thin layer of plastic wrap or something. Not comfortable on, even with the clear balm on top. Plus, for "all day" wear, it does not last. It didn't last my first cup of coffee, where other less finnicky and much cheaper lipsticks last just fine. Not a fan.

I have read in lower reviews that if you only use a TIIIIINY amount it maybe lasts longer, and I will try that, but I think that would prevent my getting the opaque saturated colour that I want.

I will be sticking to my Stila liquid.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my top choice for lipsticks, even after using Clinique (which would be my second choice on quality alone, ignoring price.) It really does last. I've never had any other lip color stay on for a full work shift before. This one does. If I would suggest improvements, it would be to have a few more options for dark, warm colors, but I can't fault Cover Girl for not having many since the selection is slim in almost every brand. In any case you can mix two colors if you use a very, very thin coat of the darker one and then an equally thin coat of the lighter one on top before the first one dries.

If you do need to reapply or touch up the color underneath the gloss layer, take all of it off with a makeup remover cloth, or soap in a pinch, and start over with a fresh application. New color over old, dried color makes it clumpy and flaky.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was about to give this product a very low rating but after reading the the review I decided to try it out again. When I first used it, I used a pretty good gob of it on each lip. It would start flaking and drying out and just looking so absolutely terrible. However Ive been reading reviews that when using less product it works.

This weekend I decided to try out using only a thin layer. It worked. It really does last the whole day. I was able to eat, drink and give kisses to my man. It didn't budge. It never once came off onto anything! I wasn't going to buy another one but now I think I'll look for some more colors.

USE LESS =D

Updated review, after reading through reviews I read that you should only apply a tiny amount and it actually worked out I think the issue before was that I was applying too much so thats why it would peel off, so I actually rate this 4 stars, it does last but you cant drink coffee with it on for some reason but I can drink anything else and it stays! Weird but still love it. I have it in shade 564

have been searching high and low when EL discontinued it's lip duo ( long last too), but to no avail.

Tried cover girl outlast ( driest, tried 3 shades) , maybelline 14 hr( 2nd driest, tried 3 shades), sephora color lip last ( 3rd driest, tried 1 shade), maybelline 24 hr( 4th driest, 2 shades ), MAC pro lipcreme( 5th driest), and rouge d Armani( the 6 th driest ).

The outlast fades the most unevenly, the outer rim fades with color staying in the inner lips and the driest among these all.

Also tried Mac Pro long wear ( both their lip color and lipcreme). The pro long wear lip color is similar to EL but won't stay as long ( tried 5 different shades). The lipcreme is DS performance , transfer everywhere and won't last a meal.

So:

If I were to pick a DS long last, it must be maybelline 24. At least the lips look LESS a dried mess.

For everyday, I will stick with Armani as none of them can really stay, so I might as well have a prettier lip texture rather than dried out mess.

If something so special that I want my lips to stay put. Mac Pro long wear lip color.

And thx seaswan and peridot7 for the application tips. It helps a lot

This lipstick really does last all day. I loved the number 545 though and I can't seem to find it anymore! I hope they haven't discontinued that color. The dual packaging doesn't work for me though, I never use the 2nd piece and it seems wasteful.

I don't know why the hate. You're probably using it wrong. I did as someone suggested and used little and it's working out perfectly for me. I la la love this product! I bought 560 "Wild Berry" (Discontinued? It's still on their website) for $3 at Dollarama. I'll buy it again at the full price.

Recommended for Medium Skin