Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was about to give this product a very low rating but after reading the the review I decided to try it out again. When I first used it, I used a pretty good gob of it on each lip. It would start flaking and drying out and just looking so absolutely terrible. However Ive been reading reviews that when using less product it works.

This weekend I decided to try out using only a thin layer. It worked. It really does last the whole day. I was able to eat, drink and give kisses to my man. It didn't budge. It never once came off onto anything! I wasn't going to buy another one but now I think I'll look for some more colors.

USE LESS =D

on 4/20/2015 4:30:00 PM

Updated review, after reading through reviews I read that you should only apply a tiny amount and it actually worked out I think the issue before was that I was applying too much so thats why it would peel off, so I actually rate this 4 stars, it does last but you cant drink coffee with it on for some reason but I can drink anything else and it stays! Weird but still love it. I have it in shade 564

on 2/22/2015 4:14:00 AM

have been searching high and low when EL discontinued it's lip duo ( long last too), but to no avail.

Tried cover girl outlast ( driest, tried 3 shades) , maybelline 14 hr( 2nd driest, tried 3 shades), sephora color lip last ( 3rd driest, tried 1 shade), maybelline 24 hr( 4th driest, 2 shades ), MAC pro lipcreme( 5th driest), and rouge d Armani( the 6 th driest ).

The outlast fades the most unevenly, the outer rim fades with color staying in the inner lips and the driest among these all.

Also tried Mac Pro long wear ( both their lip color and lipcreme). The pro long wear lip color is similar to EL but won't stay as long ( tried 5 different shades). The lipcreme is DS performance , transfer everywhere and won't last a meal.

So:

If I were to pick a DS long last, it must be maybelline 24. At least the lips look LESS a dried mess.

For everyday, I will stick with Armani as none of them can really stay, so I might as well have a prettier lip texture rather than dried out mess.

If something so special that I want my lips to stay put. Mac Pro long wear lip color.

And thx seaswan and peridot7 for the application tips. It helps a lot

This lipstick really does last all day. I loved the number 545 though and I can't seem to find it anymore! I hope they haven't discontinued that color. The dual packaging doesn't work for me though, I never use the 2nd piece and it seems wasteful.

on 1/6/2015 10:54:00 PM

I don't know why the hate. You're probably using it wrong. I did as someone suggested and used little and it's working out perfectly for me. I la la love this product! I bought 560 "Wild Berry" (Discontinued? It's still on their website) for $3 at Dollarama. I'll buy it again at the full price.

on 12/26/2014 9:39:00 PM

The application is easy enough, and the lip gloss portion feels super smooth on my lips, but I can't drink a coffee and keep this on! I drink coffee constantly throughout the day given my occupation and the fact I have three children at home. If I drink coffee if starts to peel off and I'm left with patches on my lips, its atrocious. If I try to reapply, it looks cakey.

Really wanted to love this, but can't.

on 12/11/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product today in Eternal Flame, it's a darkish red with gold shimmer.
I normally use Maybelline's super stay (which is the exact same basically, 24 hour lipstick and what not) But today when I went to pick up a tube I saw that Covergirl's outlast lipstick was a few dollars cheaper, so I found the only red shade they had and went with that. I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of the shade I chose. Once it drys it looks okay but the gold shimmer is so noticeable it almost looks orange in certain lighting. However, I am impressed with the product itself. It doesn't "roll" off when you wipe your lips, and it feels more stretchy than Maybellines super stay. I tried everything to get this stuff off, (I just tried it on before bed) and it wouldn't budge, it didn't even flake off even though my lips are incredibly dry.
That being said, it did make my lips look very dry, but exfoliating before hand definitely helps. I'll probably go back and get a different shade. I definitely prefer this over Maybelline.

on 12/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I've been using this for a few years now. I love the red, #507 . It lasts a long time and yes, it's lasted me until morning.

For the price, you can't beat it !!

It's a great color for blonde hair and a light-medium complexion.

I added a pic here... But keep in mind, this is after I had traveled from the USA to the Philippines for about 27 hours. Lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so I've tried several of this line's colors...many too light or too dark. I have a fair, warm complexion with golden/slightly strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes. Very similar to 80s star Lisa Whelchel. I remember back in the early 90s wearing a deep copper shade of Revlon Colorstay that I absolutely loved - I could wear it with almost anything, it was almost a brownish copper with slight red undertones. Anyway, that shade long disappeared off the shelves and I didn't see anything in their current line that was close to that long lost beloved shade. So, I've been trying Cover Girl's Outlast...and found a near-perfect match to that old copper shade in Lingering Spice. Like some others recommended here, when you apply it, smile and "stretch" your lips out so there are no crevices or wrinkles, and apply, first bottom (when you have the most product on the applicator), then the top lip. Don't rub your lips together, and let it dry. I do use the topcoat that comes with the product periodically throughout the day. If you want to add a slightly lighter "neutral" shade with a little bit of shimmer, I use one of my old "too light" lipsticks to top this color: Revlon Colorstay Suede lipstick in Iconic. Hopefully they will not discontinue Lingering Spice from the CG lineup, because I finally got the "MLBB" shade right!

on 10/27/2014 9:04:00 PM

I have worn Coral Silk 568 for as long as I can remember. It's been my go-to lip color. Unfortunately they recently discontinued my color (this brings tears to my eyes). I've since moved on to Honeyed 540, and though it's not my Coral Silk, it does the job.

This lipstick is finicky. Without the right top coat it will feel like plaster on your lips. It will cake and crack within a few hours. Iíve learned that if you use too much product you will, once again, flake and crack within a few hours. I ALWAYS use a gloss/cream over top. With the right gloss or cream it will last ALL DAY. I work a 12 hour shift and itís there from beginning to end. I can honestly say, I havenít found another lipstick that will last as longÖ and to think itís a drug store brand that outlasts all the $16-$40 lipsticks in my collection.

Iíve never used a primer with this lipstick, as it kind of serves as a primer all by itself. You MUST use a creamy nourishing gloss. Anything too runny seems to break down the formula and will cause flaking and cracking. Chapstick isnít creamy enough to do the job. Sticky glosses arenít nourishing enough. I donít use the included Colorcoat because I donít think itís creamy enough. I use just a dab of Cargo lipgloss and reapply when necessary. A silky bullet lipstick will work too. Vera Wang glosses work. Some Nars glosses work. Itís a matter of trying them out to see what works.

Popular Lipsticks