April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in one of the vibrant red shades a few months ago, and for quite awhile it was my top favorite lip product! The reason I stopped wearing it was really not the fault of the product. I am prone to developing that visible line on the inside of my lips where the product stops and lippies like this that DRY make it horribly obvious. If you rub your lips together wearing regular lipstick, it will shift and cover that line but this product *does not move* when you rub your lips together....So, sad to say, I had to give this one up. However, were it not for that, I would still wear this!

Pros:
-fruity scent when wet
-LOOOOONG wearing with little touch ups
-beautiful color that was true to the packaging
-Includes balm which reduces the dry feeling
-satin finish
-doesn't fade on outside edges [this allows you overdraw/modify the lipline, if that is something you are into]

Cons:
-the strange visible inside line phenomenon I mentioned earlier.
-difficult to remove (I know this is kind of the point, but it is still a bit of a pain)
if you apply too much it will flake off in patches and make you look quite odd

Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never worn coral lipstick before, and saw these covergirl outlast lipsticks on clearance at walgreens tonight for less than $5 so I decided to try something different and bought CANDID CORAL.... And I am in LOVE! I don't think I've ever loved a lipstick color this much. It's very natural, just a hint of coral against my light olive skin tone and dark brown hair. I was already a fan of the CG outlast lipsticks and own many other colors. They last a long time and I love the glossy balm that comes with them. But this coral color is by far my favorite of all time, I can't stop looking at it in the mirror when I wear it. I'm going to be on the hunt tomorrow and buy some more in this color in case it's being discontinued for some reason. I would highly recommend this. Definitely worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by BP8099

I didn't find it to last all day and it tried my lips way too much, no matter what balm or gloss I used with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MrsTeaspoon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this lipstick in three shades, bought one a few years ago and bought 2 just before my wedding. I mixed a light and a darker shade for my wedding in October, it lasted from 11am till the next day. I do not use the gloss tube that comes with it. I make sure my lips are not chapped, best to exfoliate them before applying. If you let the lipstick dry before you press your lips together, the color lasts all day. I love these lipsticks, they do feel strange until about 2 hours after you apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is what topical Botox would feel like on your lips if it were available- stiff and unable to move. This product dries really fast, so you have to hurry up and put it on. No coloring out of the lines please because this stuff does not come off unless you use an oil based remover. A really horrible product. It does come off while eating- You may notice it in little beads on your fork or spoon. You'll see the little balls of color on your glass or cup. Basically along with your meal, you'll be dining on the Outlast too. Incredibly drying,in spite of the seperate moisturizing balm, which has a peculiar smell. The fleshier part of your lips will be missing color,while the outer part will look like cracked paint. If you try to reapply to the worn areas, it will then look like caked on cracked paint buildup. Even with the thinnest layer,like they instruct you to do. Just save yourself the aggravation because your lips will not look like supermodel Molly Simms in the commercials.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Amatrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Cover Girl Outlast for several years. Some people don't like the texture but I find that as soon as I get the clear silicone on it feels like you have nothing on your lips. I like to wear this under tinted lip gloss as well. It's my go to lipstick for lasting color. The darker colors last longer on me, all day until I take it off which is fine in the winter but in the summer I want the lighter colors so I have to wear lipstick over it in the afternoons if I want lip color.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Lipstick does not do what it says. It does not last anywhere close to 24 hours! I purchased the color in Burgundy. It is a very pretty, rich color. The color part felt strange going on... it makes your lips feel tight and like they are covered in a thin layer of plastic. I liked the gloss that you put over the color. It gives your lips some shine, but it doesn't feel moisturizing (too bad!). You still have a tight/dry feeling to your lips.

Anyway, I ate a piece of pizza about an hour after applying the lipstick...and OMG it was awful. The color came off the inside of my lips and left a dark burgundy ring that looked like super dark lipliner around my mouth. Thank god that I wasn't on a date or something!

Outlast lipstick does not hold up through eating a single piece of pizza, and it dried my lips out terribly. I do not recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Covergirl Outlast All-day lipcolor wants to be L'oreal Infallible Never Fail LipColour when it grows up!

The Covergirl does not outlast nor is is all-day. When you first apply it, everything seems cool until you drink, eat or do nothing. It flakes off the lips to soon. I don't like it and will not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I fell in love with the color that Sofia Vergara was wearing in an ad, and had to have it for a pals wedding. I don't recall ever trying a Cover Girl lip product so I was pretty satisfied with the results. It lasted well over 8 hours throughout the wedding, photos and dinner. Its know a daily staple. Lasts all day through work. I tend to only wear the color, not the shine part though. I prefer the matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far so good.
I grabbed this because I wanted a coral for spring, and these were on sale.
I didn't want to spend too much money on a trendy colour, and this fit the bill.
This survives eating and drinking and does not come off on my coffee mug! Yay!
The application is tricky... I actually had to read the directions (I know eh? Lipstick that needs directions?)
It's important not to put on the top coat before the colour coat is completely dry. If you do it will smudge and lift off patches of colour.
I do not find this product to be drying, which is amazing considering it's a longwear, and that I tend to have dry lips on most days anyway.
I do wish it was more pigmented, one layer of my coral is more like a nude, two layers is a nice subtle coral.

Overall, pros outweigh the cons, and I'll keep buying this product.