November 27, 2014 | 1506 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nature's Gate - Papaya Velvet Moisture Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by daria33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few months now, and I love it. The texture is great, it foams up nicely, it's gentle and non-drying. The fragrance is subtle--I actually wish it was a bit stronger.

I will probably buy one of the other scents next, possibly the pomegranate. They all have similar detergents, just different extracts and fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by slkeeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I get itchy patches, but I don't like uber-moisturizing creamy soaps. When I use the super moisturizing soaps I don't feel truly clean, especially in the hot (think humid, sweaty) summertime. But the clear, non-moisturizing drugstore shower gels strip my skin and cause itchy & flaky patches.

This solves both problems. My skin feels truly clean after I use it, but also soft and smooth. It has a nice night fragrance -- natural, not chemical-perfumey.

The natural ingredients aspect is nice as well, and the price at my local health food retailer is less than many of the other natural shower gel products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by delruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Lovely mild body wash. Has no SLS so it doesn't foam heavily but instead is very gentle on skin. Exfoliates a little because of papaya enzyme. A little pricey than drugstore but lasts a very long time, and I love the pump dispenser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I bought this because it has Sodium Cocoyl Isthionate which is thought to be milder and less drying to skin than SLS. It lathers really well, rinses clean with no residue or stickiness left behind, and leaves my skin very soft and moisturized. I've tried the Acai, Pomegranate, and Papaya flavors and while I find them all to be on the fruity side, this one is the least fruity and is my favorite (Acai is the fruitiest of them all and Pomegranate had a slight sharpness to it). None of the scents last once rinsed. Comes in a great, easy to pump 18oz plastic bottle for around $6. One bottle lasts 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent body wash. It is organic, it is mild and moisturizing, as it contains hyaluronic acid, it foams very good and I use it also as makeup remover as it cleans very deeply leaving my skin moist and 'velvety' for long time. I have also used it sometimes as shampoo for my for my damaged, dry, processed hair and it was wonderful . The only thing I donít fully like is the scent. It is a bit too exotic-fruity-sweet, so I prefer the Pomegranate version much more - but this is purely a matter of taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these Nature's Gate body washes. I have a few of them and they're all equally good, but the Papaya is my favourite of them because it smells wonderful (not that the other stink or anything). The price can't be beat (about $4), and it's a generous sized bottle with handy pump top. As others have said the ingredients are good, and the company doesn't test on animals. You can't ask for much more than that :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I adore this product: good ingredients, generous bottle, great price, fantastic aroma, its smooth and non drying, very soft on the skin, not tested on animals. I am in love with this wash!!! Go get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A good deal for the price (about $6) as its a generous size bottle. The best thing about this product is the convenient and non-messy pump bottle. Two pumps is enough to clean your whole body. The formula is a clear lotion that cleans well but leaves skin feeling fresh and moisturized. The papaya scent is a subtle tropical fragrance that is refreshing but not too sweet (actually to me it smells a bit more like mango than papaya but its still yummy!). The fragrance does not last on the skin which is actually good if you use a scented body lotion or perfume and don't want it to interfere. The bonus is that the formula is paraben-free...good for you and good for the environment!