July 25, 2014 | 1045 users online

Treatments (Face) - Chanel - Ultra Correction LIFT Sculpting Firming SERUM

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have not purchased a more expensive serum, before. 1.7 oz. was $225. For that reason alone, I will not purchase, again.
That said, it's really very good. My skin is soft, smooth and firm. I don't have saggy skin, but I'm 49 and have sensitive, oily, tend to break out skin.
Light fragrance has not irritated or caused a breakout. Works well under other products. Balanced out my oiliness.
It's a lovely product that seems to do what it says. I'm just not convinced that I can't find a product that works as well or better for less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by satinribbons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product delivers halfway. It did firm my skin but not as much as I expected, even following the application techniques included inside the box. I stopped using it for a while and did notice my skin start to slack again, somewhat anyway. I must say, however, it did do wonders for my complexion, as I have oily skin, and this serum seems to absorb into my face and throat almost immaculately. I use it night and day, and ever since I started using it with Chanel White Essentiel sunscreen in the a.m., my skin feels and looks perfectly hydrated and glowy. (Olay, Lancome, and Lauder firming products seemed to leave my skin feeling "filmy" or just plain heavy and greasy.) Oh, and, last but not least, I must say it does have the most delightful aroma! All in all, I think of it not as a miraculous lifting serum but rather as a very efficient firming, light moisturizer. It is overpriced but since it does have its good points, I'll probably repurchase until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Wejo

Whatever this bottle have inside it has been doing magic to my eyes!.
I am using the samples since I went the other day to channel section in Macy's, to by a compact powder, and the selling lady gave some samples for it.in 30 minutes after I applied I can see the difference around my eyes, it looked firmer and younger. I am 29 years old and always have dark circles around my eyes, and specially now adays with work and classes I dont have enough sleep. This syrum made them look better indeed. However, I feel its sticky and shinny around my eyes, so I think its better to use it before going to bed and not under make up in the morning.
I think I will buy it when I can afford it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by doudoune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the worst serum ever so sticky and it smells like a bottle of parfum not a serum for face after one night of use i woke up with swelling eyes due to allergic reaction i return and get my money back .it was a great lesson for me cause at 45 i look 30 thanks to capture totale DIOR serum and DIOR one essential thanks DIOR..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Have bought and used this serum twice in a row but am currently using their blanc essentiel range at the moment. Was quite pleased with it in retrospect because when I stopped using this range ( I was using the entire LIFT range with moisturisers and eye cream as well as their masque), I discovered my skin was actually lacking firmness while using their blanc essentiel range. So it has perhaps lived up to its promise.

I may repurchase in the future but will try other brands first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jammobun

i got this as a sample, and within days, i saw and felt a difference! Skin evened out, and felt softer than before! I was so amazed at the fast acting effects that I went out to buy the full size.

Didn't break me out. In fact i think it kept the pimples away. People have commented on my improved skin as well.

to be honest, i don't use it for the "lift" effect. But it has really made a big difference to the look and feel of my skin.

Highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This serum definitely did work. It wasn't like I had to study myself to see if there was a difference, it was noticeable. My skin became firmer, and it helped diminish the softening particularly along the jawline and under my chin.

I put a lot of thought into it before trying it. It only had a couple of reviews here on MUA, but they were quite positive. However, due to the cost, I was concerned I wouldn't be able to keep up the maintenance once I started. So, I talked to SA's at a few different department stores, got a few samples to try. What actually convinced me to purchase was the SA at Saks saying a bottle would last me 6 months (and I believed her! oh well)

It comes in two different sizes. ( 1.0 & 1.07 ounces.)

I bought the smaller one, and did use it more than twice a day on several occasions, because, if I had to wash my face and reapply makeup because of evening plans, or whatever, it was hard to leave that step out ~ always working toward the goal LOL. But, I only dispensed two pumps for each use, it wasn't like I was slathering it on my face. It lasted me about 6 weeks, in fact, a little less, NOT 6 months. AND, there is no way to tell how much is left in there, so when it runs out, that's it! I actually had my son disassemble it, to get the last little bit out, (it took a hammer and pliers,its very well constructed) . Anyhoo, I can't rationalize spending $165 US dollars for just the serum every 6 weeks! I purchased the day fluid as well, and so far it seems like there is still a good bit in there. (but, of course I'm just guessing, the bottle is probably still heavy when its empty)

I took off one lippie for the exorbitant price, even though there are more expensive lines by far, I still just can't justify it for me personally. Also, even though the pump is very well made, and I had no problems with dispensing the product,and the cap stayed on for travel, etc, how difficult would it have been for Chanel to have included some sort of window to be able to keep an eye on how much remains?

Other than these issues I had no complaints, it truly was improving the tone and firmness of my skin. I just ordered Avon Anew Ultimate Elixir Premium, and am really hoping it will give me similar results for almost 1/3 of the price of Chanel's UCL.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I noticed a slight slackening around my cheeks and lower chin area as I entered into my thirties. Saw this serum is targeted for Lifting and Firming. The SA shared that Asian skin tends to slacken first then followed by formation of lines thus this is idea to start off as an intenstive treatment against gravity.

The bottle is in a black color airless pump which I like as is hygenic. 30ml cost SGD$210 which is rather pricey. So far this is my second bottle, the first lasted me about 3 months with 2x daily applications.

First thing i noticed was the wobbly part of the lower chin is much tightened after a couple of weeks and now even my DH has made the comment that my face seemed smaller as the lower jowls are more firm and lifted. The texture and tone is significantly improved and I hope to maintain this results even if I switch to other skincare after this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the SERUM from the new Chanel Ultra Correction Lift line. This is the product labeled "Sculpting Firming Concentrate" on the bottle. It is designed to be layered under your moisturizer or night time treatment. After seeing some smoothing results from a sample tube, I splurged for the full size...a ridiculously overpriced $165.00 for a 1 oz. airless pump bottle (less 1 lippie for price). However in this case I did get what I paid for. I've been using the serum during the daytime only under my regular spf 30 moisturizer. The serum is the only thing I've added or changed to my skin care routine, so I can only attribute the improvements to this product. After nearly six weeks of use my skin looks visibly plumper and smoother (I don't mean plumper as in fat or puffy--just more "filled in" looking!). The little hollows of my face don't seem to cast the deep shadows they used to, and my overall skin surface is more even-textured. The difference is noticeable with or without makeup, and in dim or bright light, which is impressive. I've had no breakouts, millia or any other bad side effects from this product.

The Ultra Correction Lift Serum is one of only two products I've used that I can honestly say delivered a significant, noticeable difference in my skin in a short amount of time (the other being Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5). If you are 35+ and/or have definite signs of aging, I highly recommend getting your hands on some sample tubes and trying out this product!

UPDATE 4/10: After several months of use I seemed to have reached a plateau with this product. Either that, or my skin just seems to have become immune to this serum. Continued use seems to only maintain the first initial results, but no further improvement happens. This was great out of the gate but all the "bang" was in in the first two months...then nothing. Considering the price and the lack of continued improvement, I'm not sure i will be purchasing this again. I will use up my current bottle and then stop using it for a while to see what happens. Will post any new developments! continued >>

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No