July 31, 2014 | 1495 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - Lash tinsel - voodoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by edehnvalleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i got this in voodoo (royal purple) and orions belt (black and silver with shots of blue) a lot of the reveiws say you can barely see the glitter but i saw the glitter fine it mustv been the lighting. the only bad thing about this was the formula it made my lashes really hard and stiff but at least they made the curl hold. i thought it was a decent product:) i love hard candy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a great product. I bought it in Spellbound (black and silver glitter) and only the silver shows up against my black mascara and looks kinda blah... not pretty and shimmery but the odd chunk of silver sparkle that you might see in just the right light (looks more like you accidentally got glitter on your eyes). And some of the sparkles ended up in my eyes after a couple of hours. There was no brush on mine like in the picture either - just a plastic stick wand with a few grooves in it. I was hoping this would be something fun and pretty to use over my mascara over the holiday season, but apparently not. It's just not very pretty and not worth getting glitter in your eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I just got this in seventeens a dream (pink) and I love it. It shows up nicely on my lashes for a touch of glitter to dress my eyes up a little. Super easy to apply and no clumping or messiness. Will get more colors later!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mercurytango

I bought the silver one. It takes a certain skill to apply this with the awkward wand, but on top of dark mascara it can show up very well. Curling your eyelashes helps a bit. After a couple of hours the glitter tends to encroach outwards, so pay attention to where the glitter goes. I might buy it again. Glitter removal is a bit of a pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by PhoenixEcho

I bought this in Disco Ball for $6 at Walmart and I loved it. (: I use it on my bottom lashes when I have a really colorful and fun look and it adds the perfect touch of glitter. I use my black mascara underneath and it looks just stunning. (:
I would definitely buy this in every single shade. (:

X

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff isn't really as bad as many are claiming. If you are looking for very dramatic glitter, then don't buy this. But, if you want something subtle that you could wear to work without looking ridiculous, then this is a pretty cool product. I bought "Showgirl", the gold color. The wand isn't that great, but apply regular mascara first, and then use the end of the wand to put some glitter at the tips of my lashes. I even add a little to my brows lol. I think it's an okay product. It's not amazing, but it's not bad, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MLo728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim since I have very thin fair eyelashes. Through the packaging it looks like black inky mascara plus some glitter but no - it's this clear fluid with random specks of black glitter in it. No brush either, you literally dip a stick without bristles into the tube and somehow smear it all over your eyelashes. Virtually no actual product is applied. Hard Candy, you have disappointed me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a gogo dancer, glitter is a must for my job. I purchased this product in "spellbound" believing it would give that extra glittery shimmer to add oomph to my eyes. This was an extremely disappointing product. I wore it over regular black mascara and had to put on TONS of product to get any glitter to show. This made it sticky and my lashes kept sticking together while it took forever to dry. It also doesn't last very long. I ended up with glitter in my eyes when the night had barely started. A coworker wanted the rest even though I warned her. She recently wore it to a rave and ended up having to wash off all her eye makeup because of irritation. I usually love Hard Candy but this product is just not good.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I had high hopes for this. The brush is useless and makes lashes clumpy. I just tried this over black mascara and it made me have like 5 big lashes. The glitter barely shows up at all :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Soulsbeat

I have the black one.
I don't know why everyone hates it, really. I guess it doesn't give you any volume, but for me, it was sort of like the mascara that you put on for extremely natural lashes. I'm asian and have monolids, so my lids push down on my eyelashes. My eyelashes are actually quite long for an asian, so when I curl them really well, they go higher than my eye socket. However, it tends to lose the curl. For ANY mascara I've used, they have never held the curl but made it droop actually. This one actually held the curl all the day long and made it curl even more. People always compliment on how long my eyelashes are and wonder if I wear fake eyelashes.
The con about this is that the glitter is extremely tacky, for a lack of a better word. Everytime I used it, there'd always be this obvious clump where a few of my lashes would clump together. I can easily fix this problem by combing it out though. After, the glitter falls off when I comb it, so I always remember to place something like a tissue on my cheek to catch the glitter falling off.
Overall, I use this either alone to give my lashes a nice, curled look or layer it more to give it 'slightly' more volume (without trying to clump it).
For me, I like to pair this with the Ginormous Lash by Hard Candy as this one does WONDERS in volumizing. When I put a coat of the tinsel under, then build with the Ginormous, and put the Tinsel over again, it looks beautiful. I get comments all the time.
Both are also easy for me to remove.
I would definitely buy this again. I have them in the sample sized tubes, but I'm almost done one of them, so I'm looking forward to repurchasing, and I almost NEVER repurchase.
However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that wants falsies-like lashes or anything dramatic. I actually prefer the Lash Tinsel because it looks like I have no mascara on(if I comb it thoroughly to get rid of some of the tacky glitter). I get compliments from the men all the time ;).