September 1, 2014 | 1614 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Origins - GinZing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Sutherlande

I love this in the mornings. I initially received it as a sample from Sephora. I never seem to have much luck with Sephora samples, so the packet languished in a drawer for months before I thought, 'oh, what the hell.' I gave it a try one morning, and found myself quite impressed. Puffiness decreased in minutes, and there was a slight shimmer to the cream that brightened my eye area. I started using it every morning, and I squeezed every last drop out of that packet. During that time, I was going through some rough patches, and was definitely having some late-night crying jags. Anyone who has done some crying into their pillows at night has probably, like me, woken up with some horrendously puffy eyes. This definitely helps with that - must be the caffeine. It won't completely banish them, but they won't jump out at you anymore either. This cream does banish routine puffiness. When I ran out, I quickly looked it up at Sephora, and was horrified. Holy expensive eye cream, batman! I waited a few months, tried some other (considerably cheaper) eye creams, and was eventually swayed to purchase. I'm pretty happy with it! My eye area looks moisturized and bright, and it decreases puffiness for my early mornings. I haven't had any bumps or redness, which seems to be a fairly common complaint. Not sure if it's my HG, but it's definitely the best day eye cream I've ever purchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received Origins GinZing as a sample from Sephora. It's described as a "refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff." I don't have a lot of issues with puff, so I can't say whether it did anything for puffiness.

"Brightening" can mean different things to different people. So, if you're looking for something to relieve dark circles, this is not your product. If you're looking for a shimmery under-eye (who is?), then I guess this is it. The only thing I felt like it really did was moisturize my skin before I applied concealer.

I've also read that people have had bad reactions to this, so be careful. I didn't have any bad experiences with it, but make sure you always test behind your wrist before applying something to your face.

Just seemed like one of those "I'm trying to be high-end but really I'm just overpriced and underperforming" products. I'm not going to buy a full-size.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by giuls182

Only buy this if you want your eye area to break out in rash-like bumps! I really believed in this product in the first 2 days, my eye area did improve but then it was all downhill from there. Don't bother purchasing! In addition to the bumps, I don't think the shimmery finish on your skin is necessary because that's something I could do with my make up. On days where I don't wear make up and put the eye cream on, I just have shimmery patches under my eyes.
Hope this is useful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Like so many other things I've reviewed, I got this in the Sephora All Stars holiday set. It's a full-sized jar. I started using it because I didn't have another eye cream that I was really digging. It took awhile, but out of nowhere, I realized that the puffy bags that pop up when I smile were GONE. That's the only thing I've been using in that area on a regular basis. I'm really really loving this eye cream. I put on my moisturizer in the morning (SkinMD Shielding Lotion) and then pat this all around my eyes and onto my eyelids. It's a thinner consistency, but it sinks in VERY well. By the time I get dressed and back to doing my makeup, my eye area feels wonderfully moisturized and perfectly prepped for eyeshadow. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this because the price is a bit steep and apparently there's an Olay dupe out there? We'll see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pink, illuminating eye cream was an okay purchase for me. I don't think it really hydrated my eye area, but it definitely brightened up the area. It worked fine under concealer, but I don't think it did anything beyond brightening the area pre-makeup. I won't purchase it again because I prefer a more hydrating cream and I feel like I can achieve brightness from a concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a Sephora 100 point perk sample of this. It was not all I was hoping it would be. It feels nice putting it on but I don't feel like it does anything special that my Clinique All About Eyes Rich doesn't already do. It does have a brightening effect when applied but it does not last long. I will not be purchasing the full size of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Firstly, I love the packaging of this. The product itself is a pink/shimmer lotion which you apply under your eyes in morning. A little goes a long way (as if you use too much your eye area looks silver!) I use my finger to gently dab until it has blended under my eye either before makeup but usually after i have applied my eye concealer.

The results are great, the cream is nourishing and the shimmer gives the effect that the dark circles are reduced.

Good product, but I think there are probably better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had one sample ages ago and don't remember even liking it.

I recently got another sample of it and I'm feeling the same. In fact this doesn't feel as if it's doing anything. I have tear troughs, oil glands, and darkness. I still have them and this hasn't helped with any of it. In fact it feels drying instead and I think it's drying out my under eye area more than helping it. There is no brightening of my under eye. Good try though Origins.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Deesign

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit with the VitaZing SPF 15. The GinZing eye cream makes my eyes burn and sting after an hour or so. The same thing happens when I used the VitaZing anywhere near my eyes - even on my cheecks, nose and forehead. I complained about the burning/stinging to the woman at the Origins counter and they just shrug and say they don't understand why. It's too expensive to put up with being miserable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I tried this eye cream as I was given a sample of it. I really don't think it's anything extra special. The glow that it gives fades away once you've applied makeup. Wouldn't purchase it with my own money. Not a bad product but not great.