April 21, 2014 | 1889 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Geller - Spackle in Champagne

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This doesn't act as a primer for me at all. It does nothing much to help with allowing for my foundation to go on smoother and wear longer than without. It does help with the appearance of pores either. I am not able to use it close to my eyes, as it causes my eyes to tear up each time. The champagne tint to it is very noticeable. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend wearing it without applying makeup over it, unless you plan on applying a very sheer wash of it.

Overall, I was super excited to try this product. But, it really didn't end up impressing me all that much. I won't be trying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It goes on smoothly and I like that's tinted, but I would not purchase it again. It's not the best primer I've ever used and it is pricey. If you don't mind spending the money, I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kloops

Not a fan. I used this for about a month before realizing that it was breaking me out. At first I thought it was hormonal acne, but after several weeks, I realized that it was some face product I was using. I phased this out first, luckily, and cleared up fairly quickly.

And besides the fact that it broke me out, which is very dependent on a person's skin, this product just straight up doesn't work (which is really why I'm giving it a 1). It didn't help my makeup stay at all; I actually feel that it made my makeup move around more. It made my pores look HUGE which I didn't even realize until I stopped using it. Maybe its the glitter? Even though its not really detectable once makeup is on? I don't know, but I'm going to stick with bad is bad and leave it at that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

Awful, awful primer. When I put this on, I noticed that it spread really lovely and is a gold shimmery, sparkly color. The sparkle wasn't overwhelming and my normal amount of foundation covered it up easily enough. However, I've found that in less than 4 hours after applying my foundation is melted off in my t-zone. In the drier areas of my face this primer made my foundation gather oddly on my skin and made me look like I had wrinkly spots when in reality I have none. I got a great deal on this from Ulta, so I tried this primer out for four days because I really wanted it to work. Alas, every single day I got the same results. I've tried other primers before and have never had one make me look as bad as this one made me look. This is definitely a non-repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. This product glides on so smoothly. Greatly increases the wear time of any foundation and concealer that I have tried it with. The "tint" in this primer just looks like gold glitter when it's on the back of your hand but on your face gives a beautiful glow. Can't wait until my skin is clear because I would wear this on it's own!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I received Laura Geller's Spackle in the tint Champagne as a gift around Christmas-time 2011, and I have been using it ever since. I love the texture; it smooths out my skin great before I apply my make up and it feels very emollient. I was a bit put off by the sparkly appearance at first, but when applied to my skin, it doesn't look sparkly at all. I actually feel like it doesn't need a tint because it doesn't show up that way. I have noticed a difference in texture from the other tints. This one is by far the best that I've tried. It can be ordered in a large size from QVC for a decent price.

Overall - good primer. My favorite primer I've tried. Definitely would purchase this over any drugstore primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit confused by this product. It's a decent, if lightweight, primer that doesn't seem to have a lot of 'cones so it doesn't feel greasy, and my foundation or BB cream apply quickly and easily over it and lasts long enough and look good enough. Not all-day-OMG-amazing because I do get some shine breakthrough in the forehead region about mid-day, and I'm not even oily. Nope; what confuses me is that it's shimmery and glittery and makes me look like a disco ball until I apply makeup over to cover it up. I can use any kind- cream, powder, liquid, TM, BB, etc. and thankfully afterwards, there is not a glitter particle in sight nor any glow, but that just makes me wonder why it's there to begin with. Is it supposed to help those of us who need extra illumination? (dry skin is my cuplrit there) If so, it doesn't do that once you apply anything over it, and I surely cannot see this being good for anyone on the oily or even combo/oily side due to the same glittery shimmer. It's thin, kind of runny and needs to be shaken up first or the glitter settles in the bottom of the tube which is kind of annoying. But there is no scent, no breakouts and I have no major issues with it though one way or another. Just kind of 'meh' and leaves me wondering what it is really supposed to do, so I can figure out if it actually works or not. But, as someone else mentioned, it does seem to 'grab' my foundation so I guess that is one or two points in it's favor. Some of the really 'coney ones just seem to slide it around to the point it feels like it slides right off just as easily and I don't get that, at least.

All that said and considering this may be a dud of a primer compared to ones I know work better for me (Revlon, Pop Beauty, L'Oreal, Smashbox, MAC, etc.) I'm wondering if I can use it like MAC Strobe Cream or a liquid luminzer instead. Maybe mixing it with a BB cream or foundation instead of using underneath might give me the glow I was hoping for but not seeing used as a primer. I will try it and report back; because the tube I have is ginormus and I don't need a lot per use so I hope to find some way to use it. I won't be getting another one though, even if I could because I suspect it may be dc or only available in certain kits or sets which I don't need at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Really disappointed, I didn't see any effect at all on the skin, and my make up was gone by lunchtime. I have combo skin, maybe this would be better on other skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was worried this primer would have too much shimmer, but it is rather similar to MAC's Strobe Cream except less pink and more golden. It has glow, but not glitter and I didn't think it added too much shine. It dries down quickly and makes a thin, smooth layer under my powder foundation. I use it under Smashbox Halo, which I like as a summer foundation (doesn't run in the heat) but which is dry-ish without a primer. This really works. The pump works well-- unlike my Smashbox primer pump which gives out immediately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the regular Spackle. Like I said, it's not quite the same as most primers. It's not super slick (for a softer, smoother one, I prefer Serious Skincare's Vit A primer), it's actually a little tacky. But it seems to "grab" your makeup, and make it easier to layer, keeps it out of your lines, and makes it last longer.

This one is just like the regular Spackle, except that it's very lightly tinted and sparkly. I'm not sure what the point is, since it's not a bronzer. Maybe to look nice if you don't wear makeup? But who buys a primer if they don't wear makeup? The tint doesn't show up on your face at all, but the sparkles do. If you scarcely wear makeup, it might be kinda pretty. It seemed to make my face look "freshly scrubbed," kinda shiny and summery, I suppose. However, I DO wear makeup, and you can't see the sparkles through it. It's just the same as the regular spackle.

The price and the packaging are the other reasons I love Spackle. You get twice as much for LESS than other primers (like Smashbox). I love the airless pump - you get all but a tiny drop out of the bottle without having to open it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No