October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Geller - Spackle in Champagne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I like this primer. I moved on to a mini size tube of this after using up a tube of the original Spackle, and I was not disappointed by any means!
Due to the fact that this primer looked tinted, I assumed that it'll leave some sort of golden glow on my skin. You can also see some very fine, reflective shimmer infused into the primer. However, I got probably zero tint out of this primer. I couldn't even see the sparkles, and the golden color is extremely sheer, which is understandable, so I didn't really get any enhancement to my skin tone.
Yet, I loved the dewy finish it left on my skin. This primer refracted the light nicely, creating a healthy glow, and I saw that it glossed over some uneven skin patches or acne. I'd actually recommend trying to wear this primer by itself; if you've ever wanted a simple trick to dewy skin, then this product works absolutely perfectly!
Spackle in Champagne absolutely helps to prolong my foundation wear. I haven't had issues with it being uncooperative with my foundations, and I have noticed that it keeps my foundation from diffusing itself or gathering up in certain areas of my skin. It helped my face products adhere even through times of tough summer heat. For that, I commend it greatly.
The packaging is pretty generic, just an easy squeeze tube, which works well. For the price- $27 for a full tube, I think- you really do get a lot of product. I used a mini tube that lasted me a solid 2 and a half months of everyday use. A full tube of Laura Geller primer lasts about a year, so this is definitely a great investment for a product that lasts so long! One final thing- the smell was ok, this primer doesn't try to smell all that nice, so it doesn't bother me. Overall, this is an excellent primer and I definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you get those awful tiny blister-like bumps from using silicone-based primers then avoid Spackle as I get the same reaction with this primer (I've tried original, Champagne and Ethereal - all the same reaction). With continued use I don't just get the tiny bumps - I made the mistake of using Spackle several days in a row as I'd run out of primer in the height of summer and I ended up with large lumps on my face. I am not exaggerating - I looked a complete mess! It's a shame as I quite like the luminous-but-not-shiny effect that the Ethereal Spackle gives my skin but I've figured I'm much better off with non-'cone primers. I am trying the Reviva primer as I've heard it's great for those who have to avoid silicone - I'll leave my review after a few days' use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This doesn't act as a primer for me at all. It does nothing much to help with allowing for my foundation to go on smoother and wear longer than without. It does help with the appearance of pores either. I am not able to use it close to my eyes, as it causes my eyes to tear up each time. The champagne tint to it is very noticeable. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend wearing it without applying makeup over it, unless you plan on applying a very sheer wash of it.

Overall, I was super excited to try this product. But, it really didn't end up impressing me all that much. I won't be trying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It goes on smoothly and I like that's tinted, but I would not purchase it again. It's not the best primer I've ever used and it is pricey. If you don't mind spending the money, I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kloops

Not a fan. I used this for about a month before realizing that it was breaking me out. At first I thought it was hormonal acne, but after several weeks, I realized that it was some face product I was using. I phased this out first, luckily, and cleared up fairly quickly.

And besides the fact that it broke me out, which is very dependent on a person's skin, this product just straight up doesn't work (which is really why I'm giving it a 1). It didn't help my makeup stay at all; I actually feel that it made my makeup move around more. It made my pores look HUGE which I didn't even realize until I stopped using it. Maybe its the glitter? Even though its not really detectable once makeup is on? I don't know, but I'm going to stick with bad is bad and leave it at that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

Awful, awful primer. When I put this on, I noticed that it spread really lovely and is a gold shimmery, sparkly color. The sparkle wasn't overwhelming and my normal amount of foundation covered it up easily enough. However, I've found that in less than 4 hours after applying my foundation is melted off in my t-zone. In the drier areas of my face this primer made my foundation gather oddly on my skin and made me look like I had wrinkly spots when in reality I have none. I got a great deal on this from Ulta, so I tried this primer out for four days because I really wanted it to work. Alas, every single day I got the same results. I've tried other primers before and have never had one make me look as bad as this one made me look. This is definitely a non-repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. This product glides on so smoothly. Greatly increases the wear time of any foundation and concealer that I have tried it with. The "tint" in this primer just looks like gold glitter when it's on the back of your hand but on your face gives a beautiful glow. Can't wait until my skin is clear because I would wear this on it's own!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I received Laura Geller's Spackle in the tint Champagne as a gift around Christmas-time 2011, and I have been using it ever since. I love the texture; it smooths out my skin great before I apply my make up and it feels very emollient. I was a bit put off by the sparkly appearance at first, but when applied to my skin, it doesn't look sparkly at all. I actually feel like it doesn't need a tint because it doesn't show up that way. I have noticed a difference in texture from the other tints. This one is by far the best that I've tried. It can be ordered in a large size from QVC for a decent price.

Overall - good primer. My favorite primer I've tried. Definitely would purchase this over any drugstore primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit confused by this product. It's a decent, if lightweight, primer that doesn't seem to have a lot of 'cones so it doesn't feel greasy, and my foundation or BB cream apply quickly and easily over it and lasts long enough and look good enough. Not all-day-OMG-amazing because I do get some shine breakthrough in the forehead region about mid-day, and I'm not even oily. Nope; what confuses me is that it's shimmery and glittery and makes me look like a disco ball until I apply makeup over to cover it up. I can use any kind- cream, powder, liquid, TM, BB, etc. and thankfully afterwards, there is not a glitter particle in sight nor any glow, but that just makes me wonder why it's there to begin with. Is it supposed to help those of us who need extra illumination? (dry skin is my cuplrit there) If so, it doesn't do that once you apply anything over it, and I surely cannot see this being good for anyone on the oily or even combo/oily side due to the same glittery shimmer. It's thin, kind of runny and needs to be shaken up first or the glitter settles in the bottom of the tube which is kind of annoying. But there is no scent, no breakouts and I have no major issues with it though one way or another. Just kind of 'meh' and leaves me wondering what it is really supposed to do, so I can figure out if it actually works or not. But, as someone else mentioned, it does seem to 'grab' my foundation so I guess that is one or two points in it's favor. Some of the really 'coney ones just seem to slide it around to the point it feels like it slides right off just as easily and I don't get that, at least.

All that said and considering this may be a dud of a primer compared to ones I know work better for me (Revlon, Pop Beauty, L'Oreal, Smashbox, MAC, etc.) I'm wondering if I can use it like MAC Strobe Cream or a liquid luminzer instead. Maybe mixing it with a BB cream or foundation instead of using underneath might give me the glow I was hoping for but not seeing used as a primer. I will try it and report back; because the tube I have is ginormus and I don't need a lot per use so I hope to find some way to use it. I won't be getting another one though, even if I could because I suspect it may be dc or only available in certain kits or sets which I don't need at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

Really disappointed, I didn't see any effect at all on the skin, and my make up was gone by lunchtime. I have combo skin, maybe this would be better on other skin types